THE WORST SONG EVER - WOT WE DO WINS!

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Voted 1 & 3

Weakness is a decent song, Blind Guardian was pretty bad. I would normally pass this one but Weakness is already losing heavily so I went for it.
Dragon's Child is pretty decent. Whereas Sabaton keeps up the consistency wherever I see them. Would normally pass but whatever.

Isn't this meant to be the worst song survivor? o_O I didn't think any of those were genuinely bad. I'll go with Opeth as my least favourite and Sabaton for trying too hard to cram other people's stuff into their own song and making a much poorer job of it than they did in Metal Crue and Metal Machine. (And thus truly ensuring we hear all these other bands in Sabaton, but we don't hear Sabaton in all these other bands).

Winners:
Closure
Metal Ripper

I'm going to start introducing 4 groups at a time, instead of 2. This will speed up the game a bit hopefully. I'll allow more time to vote if needed. :)

New Songs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
#1 - Not memorable, but it's not that bad overall.
#2 - *pukes*
#3 - 8 minutes of basically just sound effects? Really?
#4 - Worst song from the album, but again not that bad.
#5 & #6 - I have effectively the same feeling to both these songs, both are meh and the worst song from their albums, but nothing offensively bad (opening lyrics to QFF is cringeworthy though).
#7 - I don't know how this stacks against other Opeth, but on it's own, it's eh whatever.
#8 - *pukes more*

So Gamma Ray, Beatles, Maiden, Ozzy

QFF? Noooooo! Cheesy lyrics, but not a bad song by any stretch. I do so like the playful little instrumental part in the middle.

Edit: But a good idea to put Maiden against Bruce, it much reduces the risk of Maiden prejudice if either were up against an unrelated band.

1 - Unexciting but not bad. 2 - Doesn't work. (Voting for 2)
3 - Trippy or pretentious, not sure which. 4 - Odd but not bad. (Vote goes to 3)
5 - Lighthearted and theatrical. 80s Maiden fun and games. 6 - Decent, but drags ever so slightly. (Voting for 6)
7 - Okay, just Opeth experimenting. 8 - Not terrible, but doesn't seem to go anywhere. (Vote goes to 8).

This game is very odd in that we're voting for songs we don't particularly want to listen to again. It would actually be in the interest of participants to vote for stuff they do want to listen to. :p

Revolution 9 was more of just an experiment with tape manipulation and tape loops, something that was kinda new at the time. At least for pop music; Frank Zappa is the only other "pop" musician I can think of who was doing this sort of thing at the time. I think it was one of those things where The Beatles were hoping to take a new recording technique and make it the next big thing, like they had done before with backmasking or using a Leslie speaker on vocals or guitar. The problem is that John Lennon was trying too hard to sound like the 20th century classical composers who not only had explored this territory 20+ years earlier, but did it in a more coherent and less forced way. This also means that the pop audience wasn't going to be very receptive toward it. It would've been more effective if they incorporated the techniques into an actual song, that's how the backmasking and such took off anyway. So with that in mind, it's an interesting little (failed) experiment. My vote goes to the Sabbath, easily one of their most annoying songs.

Mosh is probably preparing an apocalyptically bad round of songs for the next round :D
I really have to deliver on this next round now. :p

Sorry for the delay in new rounds. I've gotten really busy and this totally fell off my radar. I want to keep this going but updates might be kinda sparse until the end of March.

No hurry :) Just say ten 'Hail H's and you're forgiven. :p

I found the thread while clearing out my Watched Threads list and thought I might have missed something.

I remember this game, back from the good ol' days of yore. Is there any chance this could be revived @Mosh, or you still busy?

Voted for:

2) Absolute shit.
3) What the ...?
6) Neither is bad but Quest for Fire has nothing to do in this survivor so the vote goes for Believil.
8) The production of Slither is bad but Ozzy's song is a waste of time.

Back