THE WORST SONG EVER - WOT WE DO WINS!

Satisfied?

• Total voters
I don't like Pit, but any of the Chameleon songs could win it (I think there's 3 in the game, but there's only 2 songs on the entire album that aren't bad).

Would've thought there would have been other Maiden songs there, cause I can think of a bunch of worse ones. Although it is still worse than Chinese Democracy.

Don't worry UO, plenty more Maiden songs where that came from. :D

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Who...nominated Welcome To The Pit and...and...Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger?! That one's awesome and Pit is not bad too!

How...farcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarcefarce...

Voted for 1 because 2 goes against my good band criteria.
Voted for 4 because 3 is a good song.

Is that an excuse so you don't have to listen to certain songs?

I always listen to the songs featured. I don't have to use an "excuse" to not listen to the songs, by the way, I can simply not post anything in relation to my votes if I want to do that.

Well, you just seem to have a personal vendetta against certain genres / bands. You've even called it awful elsewhere (on good songs in this category nevertheless) so when an actual awful song in that category comes along in the Worst Song Survivor you vote for the other song?

Well, you just seem to have a personal vendetta against certain genres / bands. You've even called it awful elsewhere (on good songs in this category nevertheless) so when an actual awful song in that category comes along in the Worst Song Survivor you vote for the other song?

The game is "Worst songs by good bands."

• Remember, this is bad songs from good bands.
When I don't consider a band to be good, voting for it completely goes against the very essence of the game.

The game is "Worst songs by good bands."
When I don't consider a band to be good, voting for it completely goes against the very essence of the game.

It also says immediately after that to try not to be biased for / against certain bands.

It also says immediately after that to try not to be biased for / against certain bands.

Yeah? I'm not voting for them. I'm obviously biased (because I dislike the style) so I remove my bias by not voting for them. I vote for their opponents. And if the opponent is a good one, I simply do not use my vote.

I would be going against the bias warning if I was voting for Helloween without listening to their song.

Welcome to the Pit is nothing special, but it's not terrible. That Helloween song is cringeworthy.

This was actually my first time hearing Chinese Democracy and I was pleasantly surprised. Not great by any means, but better than that clunky Maiden one.

Agree with Knicker.

Welcome To The Pit is a good Sabbath sounding tune with Bruce....Helloween was 16 seconds of I Don't Want To Listen To This Anymore

I was just about giving the victory to Maiden...but then I realized how little happens in about 8 or 9 min....Chinese Democracy wins as a better song.

@The Flash - The "good bands" thing was more so that people wouldn't nominate songs by bands they didn't like. I didn't want this to turn into an opportunity to hate on Nickelback or something, not the point of the game. I was hoping that by the time we got to the voting stages the band would be a bit more irrelevant, since everything that got through was stuff that is generally at least considered sub par, with the exception of a few oddball nominations. You're free to vote however you want of course, but if none of the songs are very good in the first place does it really matter who the song is by? This particular Helloween is hardly in their style anyway.

@The Flash - The "good bands" thing was more so that people wouldn't nominate songs by bands they didn't like. I didn't want this to turn into an opportunity to hate on Nickelback or something, not the point of the game. I was hoping that by the time we got to the voting stages the band would be a bit more irrelevant, since everything that got through was stuff that is generally at least considered sub par, with the exception of a few oddball nominations. You're free to vote however you want of course, but if none of the songs are very good in the first place does it really matter who the song is by? This particular Helloween is hardly in their style anyway.

I think my voting pattern makes it only fair. I remove my bias for certain bands entirely by not including them in my criteria. I could simply go "Yeah, this is by Helloween so it must suck, so I'll vote for it." I do not do that, I listen to the song featured, if the opposing song sucks I'll go and vote for that one or avoid voting.

You can call it "Maybe I don't get this" criteria. Maybe I don't get what seperates a good Helloween song from a bad Helloween song since I dislike the band and their style a lot, so I'll just avoid any judgement.

I don't find anything actually bad there. Helloween get a vote for mehness and Maiden get a 'can do better' vote.

Winners:
Don't Want To Cry No More
Don't Look To the Eyes of a Stranger

New Songs:

=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting against Opeth and Sabaton, cause the other 2 songs don't deserve to be anywhere near this survivor.

Back