The Weather Thread

I used to have it at 72. 68 and I need a sweater lol. It's really hot right now, but the rains came in and it's nice and cloudy, very cool. I don't have to be out in it so I'm enjoying it.

ume9vh5ygz571.png

Germany/Netherlands/UK ripe for AC market boom.

fcudkevgg0671.jpg

I mean Iceland is beautiful and I would like to see it in person, but 2(c) in middle of June s just sad.

Huge thunderstorms to the east of Oslo today. An area within 100 km from here got more than 7500 lightning strikes per hour this afternoon ... for a period of more than two hours! The worst is now moving east, into Sweden. Some smaller showers remain around here.

If you live in hot climates, it is essential to establish a sound air conditioning system. In fact, many reasons can affect your ability to stay comfortable in the heat, including the quality of your air conditioning system and the efficiency of your dehumidification system. For example, I recently had a new cooling system installed with the help of these guys https://www.spartamech.co.uk/air-conditioning/. I am thrilled with their work and the equipment they installed. I can now say that I own smart home. I feel much better with this new cooling system.

Last edited:
It's gone apeshit, look at the floods in Europe happening right now.

o_19002916_1024.jpg

This is common lionfish, which is Indian Ocean native, shot in the wild near the island of Vis which is in Split-Dalmatia county about 30 miles off the coast. No dense buildings and tons of concrete like on the shore and specific microclimates skewed in that direction, just a small island and a "natural" type of climate.

Lionfish shot at 15m depth at 24 degrees celsius temperature.

No, the climate isn't changing, that's why I'm breathing thin air and having tropical rainshowers in the middle of northern hemisphere. Carry on.

I was having major power outages yesterday starting mid afternoon. At first I figured it was just our run out f the mill shitty power grid, but as it turns out we were hit hard by hurricane Grace. Considering all I had to deal with were power outages and some rain, i can't complain. Other areas of the country are in very bad shape.

So two weeks ago we were hit by Hurricane Grace, which I guess got lost and instead of going up the Gulf into Florida, it went straight through the Yucatan peninsula and into central Mexico:
1631119503168.png

Then We were hit by Hurrican Nora on the pacific coast a week later. THEN, then, last night we were hit by a 6.9 earthquake in Acapulco, Guerrero which affected most of the central states.

Here are the "recent" major earthquakes Mexico has been hit with.

July 28th, 1957: 7.8
Sept. 19th, 1985: 8.1
Sept. 7th, 2017: 8.2
Sept. 19th 2017: 7.1
Sept. 7th, 2021: 6.9

This summer was weird with all those heat waves. Somehow the Arizona desert wound up being the place with the best summer weather. By this logic, the best weather this coming winter will be in Chicago and Minneapolis while Tampa gets a freak blizzard.

This summer was weird with all those heat waves. Somehow the Arizona desert wound up being the place with the best summer weather. By this logic, the best weather this coming winter will be in Chicago and Minneapolis while Tampa gets a freak blizzard.
Were you in AZ for the summer from hell (2017) when road signs, trashcans and traffic lights were melting? I'm sure that was not fun, so I'm glad this year the weather was not hell on earth for you guys.

Were you in AZ for the summer from hell (2017) when road signs, trashcans and traffic lights were melting? I'm sure that was not fun, so I'm glad this year the weather was not hell on earth for you guys.
No, I was still in Denver then. I was here last year when we had nearly 2 months over 110 degrees, but this year was much better.

Wait, so it's like 15 degrees in the day and then only 1 degree at night? Dude, where on earth do you live that the temperature oscillates like a pendulum? Have you ever considered getting an air conditioner? Yeah yeah, I know they’re kinda expensive, and not everyone can afford one. But you're probably gonna catch something with that kind of yo-yo weather. You can go for a used one, though. Just don't forget to call an aircon servicing company and have them check your aircon out. You never know what you gonna get, to quote a certain film character.

Last edited:
I was in Tucson in August and, though the weather was fine by AZ standards (100-110 most days), I have NEVER seen so many bugs in the Southwest! Flies and mosquitoes literally everywhere, like they were woken up from the slumber of 1,000 years. It was vile.

4.6 quake hit late last night just 40km north of my town

Bizarre experience, it lasted for a fragment of a second, a vigorous ceiling shake. First thought was horrific, like sudden mega earthquake but it was so short I had just about enough time to jump from the chair - literally half a second and then perfect calm. I took a look through the window and everything seemed normal, no-one was on their balconies, some sparse traffic running around...

There were no aftershocks that could be felt.

Amidst complaints that the board has become super boring lately, a weather thread has been open. Go figure.
In this case, Maiden must begin recording new album. They'd better hurry.
Edit: Omg, I quoted a message from two years ago.

Back