The Weather Thread

Delighted to say some thunder and rain seem to be incoming which is very welcome as my house is like the furnace of hell right now

It hit 40C on my car's temperature gauge today (yes, I was foolish enough to drive in it), something I hope to never see again.

It hit 40C on my car's temperature gauge today (yes, I was foolish enough to drive in it), something I hope to never see again.

I went for a drive yesterday thinking it would cool me down but having super hot air being funnelled into my face just left me sweaty and irate.

10 minutes till rain. I'm absolutely buzzing

I went for a drive yesterday thinking it would cool me down but having super hot air being funnelled into my face just left me sweaty and irate.

10 minutes till rain. I'm absolutely buzzing
I hope you played Rime and joined our Brucie for the triumphant "Then down in falls comes the rain".
You can always do it next time of course.

We're due rain any minute now, wind's picked up a bit which is very nice to stand out in. Can't believe I'm looking forward to it being 29C tomorrow, that figure would usually make me break out in a cold sweat.

V3BoJbvH-r4uKJ9phsI_wSYJdEE=.gif

Day three of 30+ Celsius. Sweet, blessed rain was supposed to arrive Monday but now the weather apps are saying it's gonna be 30C again. Thought it'd be a cakewalk after 40C but I still can't deal with it. Help.

They really don't make the UK for heat, do they? I don't like 30+ degree heat but I'm ensconced in an air conditioned basement. You'd die without an AC here.

They really don't make the UK for heat, do they? I don't like 30+ degree heat but I'm ensconced in an air conditioned basement. You'd die without an AC here.

Our buildings are designed to keep the heat in, plus we only get a few odd days of these kinds of temperatures so AC's not really necessary, which then means when a heatwave does hit we're completely unprepared for it.

Now the heatwave warning's been replaced by a thunderstorm warning. We really need it, the ground's yellow and dry everywhere and in my town alone we've had at least five fires in the past few days.

Nothing against AC wisely used, but I was just in a hotel that was freezing, while outside it was 32 degrees. They told me it was not possible to turn the AC off or at least turn it down in my room; instead they offered a second duvet. I had similar experiences in shops, buses and trains. What a fucking waste of energy!

Had a short swim in the Black Sea last Wednesday (November 2nd, Burgas), was an interesting experience.
I fully expect next December will be warmer though.

It’s been a warm autumn so far. 10 degrees during the day in mid-November is quite exceptional. Last December it hit -20 for some time, and the winter was very snowy, let’s see what this year has in store.

I'm determined not to complain about it after the summer we had, but it's pretty bloody cold and it's due to get even colder, snow's been forecast for this weekend. Might I finally see my first White Christmas? Doubt it, but it'd be nice.

...it's due to get even colder, snow's been forecast for this weekend.

And they were correct on both counts. I was driving through freezing fog at -5C last night, hasn't got much above that today and it's started snowing.

I'm determined not to complain about it after the summer we had.

Still stubbornly standing by this, but I'll admit the snow's timing wasn't great as I'm driving up to Leicester tomorrow for work. <_<

Back