The Weather Thread

Today is one of the darkest days. It's 13:21 right now and looks as if the sun has already set.
What time is the actual sunset there? It's not that much further north than here...

Oh, I double-checked, it's quite further north.

What time is the actual sunset there? It's not that much further north than here...

Oh, I double-checked, it's quite further north.

Actual sunset today was at 15:46. Tallinn's latitude is 59.436962 degrees. I thought Ottawa was further north than it is, actually.

Good God, it's freezing. The daytime temperature hit 19 C a few days ago - the coldest it's been in four years! There's been wind and rain due to the cyclones on the south-eastern coast, and the air is somehow both too humid and too dry.

Last edited:
I'm loving it right now. It's that perfect balance between hot and cold. During the day the sun is fairly warm, but the wind is cool. Nights aren't nut-freezing cold yet, but I've been sleeping with my winter jammies for about a week now.

Hooray. The forecast for the next few days says we'll have snow (it is already snowing), then increasing temperatures with rain, before it gets colder again.

Meaning the beautiful snow will be transformed to wet, soaky slush … which will then freeze. Yay.

My mom has her TV exclusively on TV España and the weather is nightmarish! -38 celsius! Spain has been suffering very severe weather the past decade, between freak hurricanes, heatwaves and now basically a little ice age. Here in Mexico, I'm walking around in a t-shirt during the day because it's hot and sunny.

It's been rather warm here all week, to the point that you didn't really need the winter coat anymore, but it cooled down significantly today. In the low one-digits Celsius in the early afternoon downtown, in fact. The nights have been crystal clear lately.
A year and a day after the first post in this thread, I'll finally ask:
Who's we, who's she, and why are we at her thread?

5 cm of snow. Heaviest snowfall I've seen in Berlin in ten years. I even had to get out the snow shovel today.

I spent yesterday in short sleeves on a bike trail, it was probably 20+ in the sun...It's still 15 today but total cloud cover and seems like some storm incoming.

They do predict the cold front in several days and temperature drop.

I also saw combo of snow and African desert sand in Switzerland on internet somewhere. It's quite extraordinary.

Some trivia for ya: as if the raging war wasn’t bad enough, the early 1940s had Estonia’s harshest winters in recorded history. The coldest temperature was measured on January 17th, 1940 at -43.5 degrees, when the Baltic Sea was entirely frozen. The longest winter (most days with snowfall) was 1942/1943 when snow fell on 189 days (>50% days of the year!), first on October 11th and for the last time on May 6th.

Back