The Weather Thread

20200704080502_20200704080502.png

Today. Nice Arctic front.

Makes sense.

in Croatian there is no word for flat. "Stan" is residence, where you share roof with other owners. It can be in a house or it can be in a building. Spatial configuration doesn't matter, so it can be multi storey. Apartment translates to "apartman" which is for rental only. Types described in English such as "studio apartment" have a name. In that case "garsonjera" from French for bachelor apartment.

+15 C, rainy and windy. Traditional Finnish summer weather, I know, but somehow I'm not that pleased with this holiday weather. :confused: Rain I don't mind, but I wish it was warmer. Wind is surprisingly hard, I'm scared it'll break my balcony glazing.

This has been a summer of extremes here. June was much hotter than usual, there was the rainfall of the average entire June in one day in some towns, and also the most powerful thunderstorm I've ever experienced. I like watching thunder, but unfortunately that was at night, and I was tired, confused and annoyed that the storm kept me awake, so it didn't occur to me to get up and see it.

It's far, far too hot. Today the maximum temperature was 34.6C which is just over double what I'm comfortable with. I'm just sitting in a pool of sweat all day and I can't work in this heat.

It's much nicer today. The temperature is only about 20C and it's overcast with some rain around. It definitely feels much fresher, but the sun is coming through right now and it will probably be hot again later on. Fingers crossed for some thunder and lightning though!

There are thunderstorms to the north of Oslo today. The entire inland area of southeastern Norway has had them thw whole afternoon but they seem to be rather stationary, if I'm to trust the lightning maps. A sector 50-100 km northwest of Oslo has had more than 1000 lightnings registered by the radar the last hour.

Back