The Ultimate TLOTB Setlist Thread (Contest!)

Discussion in 'Make Your Own Setlist' started by Randalf, Apr 29, 2018.

1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I wouldn't have considered it a spoiler.

2. Whooten

Whooten Ancient Mariner

Of course the tour poster made us expect that
    Ghost of the Navigator, Lord of the Flies, Alexander the Great, Flash of the Blade, Be Quick or Be Dead, Stranger in a Strange Land, etc. were in the set. The hints were a bit of fun and a stroke of marketing genius. And they did play 5 truly surprising songs--1 hinted in the art (FOI), 1 in the promo (FTGGOG), 1 in the game (Clansman), one out-of-left field (SOTC) and one from Nicko (WED). The other 11 songs (or 10 depending on how you feel about Wicker) while great, were indeed very predictable. Especially after all the "social media madness" build-up. That said, the set is strong and the stages look great. Maiden delivers again!

3. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I am afraid you got some of those songs wrong!

Lord of the Flies? That is a mosquito, not a fly, and possibly a reference to the Ailing Kingdom world in the game.
    Be Quick or Be Dead? More likely Revelations, with the eyes of the Nile, the beast reference (Crowley), etc.
    Flash of the Blade? Nope, the blacksmith is living on the razor's edge, hence The Evil That Men Do.

For the Greater Good of God is hinted in the art (the wolf in sheep's clothing, bloodshed, etc.) and there are no specific hints to Alexander the Great that I can think of, apart from a generic Somewhere in Time glass panel (more like a Somewhere Back in Time one though).
    The Clansman is also hinted in the art (Scottish flag).

Could the snowflakes that are close to the light switch (assuming that is representing snowflakes and not stars) be a reference to Where Eagles Dare?

I will give you one point for Ghost of the Navigator though. :p

I do agree on the hints being a bit of fun and a stroke of marketing genius though! ;)

Whooten likes this.
  4. Did you think you had done good but Cried went & spoiled it for you? My bad, sorry.

Cried will spoil it again for you. You did shit. So shit a bot could have scored higher.

Magnus likes this.
  5. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Sure I did shit, I went for zero points and bloody Iron Maiden ruined it. I wouldn't want to spoil someone else with my list of songs that weren't played though.

6. I'll be honest & say I didn't really look. Is your list not in spoilers? :S

7. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

You're right in fact.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  8. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Promise?

9. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

10. Whooten

Whooten Ancient Mariner

I was just making a lighthearted point that the songs weren't so clear based on the clues. Again, the ambiguity is what made it fun. And also set up some people for disappointment! Cheers

GhostofCain likes this.
  11. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

13 points - songs played
    1 point - correct total number of songs
    5 points - correct song positions

19 points... not bad!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
  12. matic22

matic22 Ancient Mariner

Edited my post, since it doesn't matter anymore @Lego.

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
    Lego likes this.
  13. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

Already done... you may want to edit your post

14. Brigantium

Brigantium Grim Reaper Staff Member

I've put both of those in spoilers. I've no idea what was going on but it looked like jigsaw identification.

Lego likes this.
  15. matic22

matic22 Ancient Mariner

Thank you for cleaning up this mess.

16. Randalf

Randalf Ancient Mariner

Looking back at this topic now, you were right; he did just that during the first two shows. :D

"There's a difference between a bunch of POLITICANS telling you 'you're free' and acutally feeling that you are free." etc.

So yeah, another one nailed there. :D

Didn't mean to resurrect this too much, just noted those two comments while using this thread as a base for ULTIMATE ALBUM #17 CONTEST.

Lego likes this.