The Ultimate TLOTB Setlist Thread (Contest!)

Sure four(!) epics is enough @Lego? Why didn't you just as well add Sign of the Cross?
Because then I'd have to leave a song or two off :p Bruce said he loves playing "the big old epics" and they're not going to have much time to talk with the audience this tour. Sounds like plenty of room for long songs to me!

Besides, if they can manage to cram TRATB, TBOS, Powerslave, and Hallowed into the same set then surely ATG, FTGGOG, Rime, and Hallowed is not too much to ask :D

I will not be happy if 'The Pilgrim' makes a return. It's one of my least favourite Iron Maiden songs.

I'm betting on it. Rime may show up, as Bruce has alluded to, but I don't think that's what the hint on the artwork is referring to. First off, an entire world in the game is named after a lyric from the song:

"The ailing kingdom doomed to fail" - I know they're not paying too much attention to the game, but then you've also got these little references in the artwork:

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 2.11.08 PM.png

"The pilgrims' course will take" (compass used for plotting nautical courses)

"Liberty and hope divine / Changing the water into wine"
(clearly a wine bottle and a waterwheel, not a ship's wheel as some have stated)

Probably something about religion, war, and fear-mongering right before FTGGOG
And he'll mention "politicians" at some point. Hopefully we don't get his unfunny shagging parents story before 'Children of the Damned' again. ::)

I'm betting on it. Rime may show up, as Bruce has alluded to, but I don't think that's what the hint on the artwork is referring to. First off, an entire world in the game is named after a lyric from the song:

"The ailing kingdom doomed to fail" - I know they're not paying too much attention to the game, but then you've also got these little references in the artwork:

View attachment 6832

"The pilgrims' course will take" (compass used for plotting nautical courses)

"Liberty and hope divine / Changing the water into wine"
(clearly a wine bottle and a waterwheel, not a ship's wheel as some have stated)
Ah, you're using the poster. I still doubt they will use that as a basis for the setlist. I can't imagine that the setlist was set in stone in October/November. Come mid-August I guess we can have a post-mortem and see how accurate the poster was.

Ah, you're using the poster. I still doubt they will use that as a basis for the setlist. I can't imagine that the setlist was set in stone in October/November. Come mid-August I guess we can have a post-mortem and see how accurate the poster was.

Well, according to Bruce they've been planning this tour since the middle of TBOS 2017 tour. I'm sure they had a rough idea of some key songs that would have to be included in the setlist well in advance, much like how the SBIT set was decided towards the end of the AMOTB 2007 summer tour. Wouldn't be surprised if they had 75% set in stone before the tour was even announced honestly. By then, they'd probably already started work on the stage set and drape designs, which are pretty closely tied in to the songs.

Who knows though. There may be a last-minute (shitty) swap-out in rehearsals, like ATSS for Infinite Dreams or Wrathchild for Hallowed :p

I can certainly imagine there being some planning of a general outline of the setlist, but not the whole thing. There's definitely too much in that poster to fit into a setlist too. Especially if you look at all the suggestions from the LOTB tour thread. ::)

1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Revelations
5. For the Greater Good of God
6. Wrathchild
7. The Evil That Men Do
8. The Trooper
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
10. Run to the Hills
11. The Wicker Man
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-----
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Running Free
16. The Number of the Beast

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes to M
3. The Trooper
4. Wasted Years
5. Can I Play With
6. Wrathchild
7. The Wicker Man
8. NOTB
9. ROTAM
10. RTTH
11. FOTD

12. Blood Brothers
13. TETMD
14. IM

Shortened the usual short set due to the inclusion of ROTAM

This is the only realistic set in this thread.

Not by it's length or by it's order, but by it's tracks. The others are just so unrealistic compared to this one.

Paschendale
Can I Play With Madness
The Trooper
Stranger In A Strange Land
Run To The Hills
Where Eagles Dare
Powerslave
For the Greater Good of God
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Flight of Icarus
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-----
If Eternity Should Fail
Rime of The Ancient Mariner
Number of the Beast.

Personally would love Alexander>If Eternity Should Fail. And NOTB imo should open the show but that i doubt will occur. Phantom of the Opera is another song i suspect will be played but isn't on this list

-----

9/16 songs were played -> 9p
IM was set closer -> 1p
IM played 13th -> 1p

12 Points total

Last edited:
Fuck it. Let's do one.

1. Alexander The Great
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Revelations
4. The Clansman
5. The Trooper
6. Stranger In A Strange Land
7. Run To The Hills
8. For The Greater Good Of God
9. The Evil That Men Do
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. The Number Of The Beast
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
----------------------------------------
14. The Wicker Man
15. The Clairvoyant (w/ Eduardo)
16. Flight Of Icarus

I was tempted to put Alex to open the encores, with Wicker Man being the opener, but considering Bruce's comments, I swapped them. I was also tempted to replace TETMD with Infinite Dreams, but then realised that it's Maiden, so I have enough surprises for one set. Anyway, I think I have come up with a pretty great show.

Ok i give this a shot

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Man on the Edge
4. The Clansman
5. The Trooper
6. Brave New World
7. The Recreation of Benjamin Breeg
8. Die with your Boots on
9. No Prayer for the Dying
10. The Number of the Beast
11. Stranger in a Strange Land