The Ultimate TLOTB Setlist Thread (Contest!)

Some of the songs they are playing on this tour are anything but predictable... Without the tour poster I bet most of us would not have guessed some of them. ;)

Of course the tour poster made us expect that
Ghost of the Navigator, Lord of the Flies, Alexander the Great, Flash of the Blade, Be Quick or Be Dead, Stranger in a Strange Land, etc. were in the set. The hints were a bit of fun and a stroke of marketing genius. And they did play 5 truly surprising songs--1 hinted in the art (FOI), 1 in the promo (FTGGOG), 1 in the game (Clansman), one out-of-left field (SOTC) and one from Nicko (WED). The other 11 songs (or 10 depending on how you feel about Wicker) while great, were indeed very predictable. Especially after all the "social media madness" build-up. That said, the set is strong and the stages look great. Maiden delivers again!

Of course the tour poster made us expect that
Ghost of the Navigator, Lord of the Flies, Alexander the Great, Flash of the Blade, Be Quick or Be Dead, Stranger in a Strange Land, etc. were in the set. The hints were a bit of fun and a stroke of marketing genius. And they did play 5 truly surprising songs--1 hinted in the art (FOI), 1 in the promo (FTGGOG), 1 in the game (Clansman), one out-of-left field (SOTC) and one from Nicko (WED). The other 11 songs (or 10 depending on how you feel about Wicker) while great, were indeed very predictable. Especially after all the "social media madness" build-up. That said, the set is strong and the stages look great. Maiden delivers again!

I am afraid you got some of those songs wrong!

Lord of the Flies? That is a mosquito, not a fly, and possibly a reference to the Ailing Kingdom world in the game.
Be Quick or Be Dead? More likely Revelations, with the eyes of the Nile, the beast reference (Crowley), etc.
Flash of the Blade? Nope, the blacksmith is living on the razor's edge, hence The Evil That Men Do.

For the Greater Good of God is hinted in the art (the wolf in sheep's clothing, bloodshed, etc.) and there are no specific hints to Alexander the Great that I can think of, apart from a generic Somewhere in Time glass panel (more like a Somewhere Back in Time one though).
The Clansman is also hinted in the art (Scottish flag).

Could the snowflakes that are close to the light switch (assuming that is representing snowflakes and not stars) be a reference to Where Eagles Dare?

I will give you one point for Ghost of the Navigator though. :p

I do agree on the hints being a bit of fun and a stroke of marketing genius though! ;)

Did you think you had done good but Cried went & spoiled it for you? My bad, sorry.

Cried will spoil it again for you. You did shit. So shit a bot could have scored higher.

Sure I did shit, I went for zero points and bloody Iron Maiden ruined it. I wouldn't want to spoil someone else with my list of songs that weren't played though.

1. Alexander the Great
  2. Where Eagles Dare
  3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
  4. The Pilgrim
  5. The Clansman
  6. The Trooper
  7. For the Greater Good of God
  8. The Number of the Beast
  9. Flight of Icarus
  10. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  12. Fear of the Dark
  13. Iron Maiden
  14. Aces High
  15. The Evil That Men Do
  16. Run To The Hills

13 points - songs played
1 point - correct total number of songs
5 points - correct song positions

19 points... not bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put both of those in spoilers. I've no idea what was going on but it looked like jigsaw identification.

Probably something about religion, war, and fear-mongering right before FTGGOG

Looking back at this topic now, you were right; he did just that during the first two shows. :D

And he'll mention "politicians" at some point. Hopefully we don't get his unfunny shagging parents story before 'Children of the Damned' again. ::)

"There's a difference between a bunch of POLITICANS telling you 'you're free' and acutally feeling that you are free." etc.

So yeah, another one nailed there. :D

Didn't mean to resurrect this too much, just noted those two comments while using this thread as a base for ULTIMATE ALBUM #17 CONTEST.

Back