The three weakest IM tracks of the 80s?

Love is about right for me. Only song on Killers I rate higher is "Murders in the Rue Morgue". That fast acoustic guitar strum is a great sound, and a rarity for Maiden -- they didn't do it again until "Journeyman". DiAnno's voice works well, probably better for this song than Bruce would have been. Steve's bass is amazing as usual and Clive does well on drums (though Nicko would have excelled on this type of song too).

Yeah @srfc might be right after all, I’ll go for Deja Vu for the worst.
Next, the dinosaurs tune, then Gangland.

It’s remarkable that I can’t easily find 5 bad songs in the 80s. I never realized that before.

Love is about right for me. Only song on Killers I rate higher is "Murders in the Rue Morgue".
Similar for me, though the competitor in my case is “Wrathchild”.

I think “Prodigal Son” is one of the two best songs of the whole Di’anno era, and it would be a trip to hear it live with Bruce on vocals.

I don't have three stinkers to complain about. I'm just here to raise my hand as perhaps the only Maidenfan who loves Prodigal Son. So there. :D
You're not alone there on PS.

For me, the 3 weakest songs are:
Iron Maiden
Running Free
Another Life/Innocent Exile(tied)

I still enjoy those songs and definitely wouldn't complain about them, but they're the weakest for me.

Yea, I’m surprised to see Prodigal Son get any kind of hate. It’s a great song! And one day, when I’m all growed up, maybe ill figure out who/what the fuck Lamia is.

Don’t think there’s any real out and out stinkers in Maidens 80’s discography. I guess Gangland is one of my least favourite maiden songs. I can tolerate it when I’m listening to NOTB and I don’t skip it but it’s just an ok song for me.

I would throw in Charlotte the harlot and quest for fire too. Both are ok tracks to me just my least favourites.

Back