The Post Your Own Music Thread

I found some more old cassettes of my old band (Silent Hawk). This instrumental, written by the guitarist and myself, was recorded in September 1994. Back in the day I was really proud of this track and you know what?
I still am. Very nice guitar solo, and I really like the atmosphere and the melodies:
http://talescape.bandcamp.com/track/vision

That's a more "creepy" song than previous ones. Quite chilling. Nice outro as well with the fading guitar!
How did your aunts get this idea?

Thanks man. My aunts and I were messing about taking photos in the car one evening and the photo that became the artwork looks like two of my aunts are driving a corpse somewhere (that's me!). Later that night one aunt found out the teenage daughter had started having sex and so we joked about how to get rid of the boyfriend. So the photo and the theoretical cornfield shooting of the boy became Good Night For A Murder..

The Thief : the simplicity of the opening riff becomes quite hypnotic when the synth sounds arrive. At 1:33 there is a very nice guitar slide and change up before a maidenlike riff kicks in. Then of course there is the scream...! Good tunes, would be nice to hear the full album when complete.

Interesting explanation of Good Night for Murder! :)

And thumbs up for that Thief analysis, much appreciated! About the rest of the album. I want to keep the expectations low. :)

It is finished but the thing is that the rest of the songs sound very different since they were not recorded with real drums, and they sound less dynamic. Instead I used the rhythms of my keyboard (also a different instrument than the synth used on "Thief" and "Destiny"). Back in 2001 the friend (who wrote the concept story and provided the samples) and I decided to use these songs in this context anyway. I am thinking of uploading the whole thing as one track (it's a bit shorter than half an hour) because the songs should be played right after each other. Unfortunately I only have low bitrate MP3's left (long ago digitized from a tape recorder). Therefore the sound is not good and also the recording quality is done in an amateur way. I hope the story, atmosphere and melodies will give this its own charm though. :) I'll get back to you as soon as it's uploaded (might take a few weeks when I have more time). I'd like to listen to these songs first with the collaborator and connect them.

Another good one Yax.
In some ways it's reminiscent of George Lynch of Dokken.
(Hope you take that as a compliment.)

Why, thank you! George Lynch is beyond badass (even though I don't really listen to Dokken). Mr Scary for instance, is quite damn excellent.

Hi fellow Irons

check out my new song Solemn Words - A look on how mankind is on course to destroy the planet Earth and words of warning in case the planet may strike back

Cheers
Paul

I liked that song. Nice composition, good guitar parts.
It might come alive more with stronger vocals.

Innerdream, it's a really good song. I love the riffs and the guitar tone. The part at 4:06 blows my mind! Composition sounds pro - very good songwriting. I have only listened to it on speakers (quite low volume) but production seems to be decent as well. I suppose it could be done better, but until it's fully enjoyable (and it is!) that's fine. You have a cool snare drum sound. Straight out of the 80s. Summing up: good job! But I also have to say it - vocals are the weakest element... ;) If you did all of this yourself, I assume that singing is not your primary skill, but good enough for side ability. Anyway, it's not that bad, you shouldn't be ashamed or something, that's for sure... :)

What's your gear (hardware, software)? Is everything recorded, or you use some virtual instruments? Let me know, I'm really into all the technical stuff.

thanks for the reply scrogyy! I think the song/production sounds better when turned up LOUD! I used 5 guitars to record, 3 electric (ESP mh350ltd, Ibanez rg720qm, Epiphone les paul ultra 2, my ibanez ac10 electro acoustic and my yamaha bass. Electric Guitar tones were recorded through combination of my POD HD PRO and le pou vst plug ins via direct signal on my DAW (acoustica mixcraft). I cant really use guitar amps anymore due to noise in residential area! Acoustic and bass were just the direct signals. I did use a lot of EQ and other effects to liven up the signal chain as it doesnt quite have the "air/room" of using a real amp!

5 guitars for one song - sounds professional! What about drums?
And yes - I listened to the song louder on my headphones yesterday and it sounds really good. When it comes to recording guitar, I also don't use amps. I thought I will and spent some money on a SM57, but then I realised that it's difficult to work this way on your own in a bedroom studio. I decided to go with Amplitube. Virtual amps are really convenient for one man bands.

Thanks for checking out my stuff. I appreciate any feedback, but virtually I get none. So yeah, come back and listen more! Check out 'I Have Forseen' for some metal action. Actually I consider it as a demo track because it's old and doesn't sound the way I would like it to... Re-recordings soon.

i used a program called rhythm rascal for drums where you can load drum samples from the internet and program your own patterns, I used to record my guitars with my sm57 and my peavey bandit 112 amp before my last couple of tracks which were all done using my POD and VST's. Yeah you're stuff is great, I'll definitely check out I Have Forseen

Took place in a collaboration with youtube artist Ein Astronaut back in July. This is him performing the song I played on at some arts festival. I'm the electric guitarist. Not a big part but I'm quite glad to have done it, I think it came out pretty good.

Wow. Whatever the size of your input, that was a big project with lots of attention I presume!
Nice man. How did you get involved (chosen/selected/fill in here ...)?

I always wonder how all this is in sync. There must be some delay of some sort, somehow?

Back