The Post Your Own Music Thread

Definitely one of the coolest things I've heard on this thread.
The intro is unbelievably catchy and some excellent playing.

Please find yourself a rock vocalist, add some epic lyrics and melodies, and strip it back into tighter five or six minutes.
I want to buy that song.

Nice one Yax. I like it when you take some gas back and give some space to the music (and the listeners ;-), only hearing bass and some calm guitars for a while.

Thanks guys! Recorded drums yesterday. Hoping to complete four songs during the summer. Two are half done already, just lacking some guitars (plus mixing).

Had a blast last Thursday night with the band from my work (performing covers on location).
Perhaps later, I'd like to share some complete songs, but here as a preview the final one and a half minute of the gig (filmed by my father and my wife). ;-)
(I'm the drummer)

That was brilliant. Great stuff! :D

Edit: Watched it again. It's terrific, you get great audience response as well.

This reminds me, here's yet another one of mine. It's a remix/partial rerecording of my first song I recorded by myself for school (still work in progress, it aint finished. Keeping the original drums). The overheads for the drums leave a bit to be desired. I would have liked them closer to the cymbals or at least being able to blend with close mics a slight bit (but I managed to clip the close mikes. Recorded way too hot).

I've rerecorded all rhytm guitars and bass. Still need to rerecord the lead (and repair my wah wah, don't want to program the pedal...), dub the rhytm one more time, tweak the mix and blend in the samples of the school's kit I recorded for the session I did a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy!

Edit: Here's the link. http://soundcloud.com/yax90/old-instrumental-partial

Thanks Yax! Somepeople were quite enthusiastic (perhaps also surprised to see a few of their collegues rocking so hard ;-).

I heard several nice ideas in your song, but the lead sound is very sharp (tough for the ears at times ;-)!

Nice!
I shouldn't talk to other musicians.. just when I start feeling like I'm playing well I realise I'm rather untalented even for an amateur :p
Although, it does show me one thing - even simple riffs that I often think "Nah thats crap" when I play it to myself, can sound great when combined with the rest of the instruments, but due to my 'writing' only being on guitar I tend to try and fill all available time with that >.>

*note - not saying anyone's riffs are crap, it's more about the "there's nothing wrong with simple!"

Thanks Yax! Somepeople were quite enthusiastic (perhaps also surprised to see a few of their collegues rocking so hard ;-).

I heard several nice ideas in your song, but the lead sound is very sharp (tough for the ears at times ;-)!
You are right. I'll get right on it and drop the treble a bit.

Edit: Thank you Foro, sometimes you need a pair of fresh ears.

Liked that one too Yax.
Are you planning to develop these into band tracks with vocals?
Or you more interestd in exercising you inner Satriani?

Foro, that Neil Young track rocks and you guys more than did old Neil justice.
Loved the venue too.

Liked that one too Yax.
Are you planning to develop these into band tracks with vocals?
Or you more interestd in exercising you inner Satriani?

Loved the venue too.
Thanks man! No, I am not. I write Satriani style songs simply because I can't sing and I don't know anybody suitable for singing. So I write and record instrumentals instead. I am planning to release an album in about a year or so on like iTunes and Spotify. I've got four songs pretty much down and drums recorded for two more so far as well as a few waiting to be recorded.

Liked that one too Yax.
Loved the venue too.

Cheers for the compliment mate! That was the last song and the only one featuring the whole band (with all three guitarists; there's also one standing on the left, on the darker side of the stage, who played the first solo, earlier in the song, missing in this clip). In the last half year or so, we've practiced in different formations on different days but I am happy that there still was some kind of unity in the end. So that's why this song is special to me. :)

Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix) with the band from my work (me on drums).
(check on YouTube in HD for best image)

Cheers! Must say I really like the way it came out. We were pretty nervous about this one because it didn't go that well when we practiced it.

Back