The "Ozzfest Incident"

Status
Not open for further replies.
'It also offended me every night how he took out the English flag in America. '

Just to add to the whole 'Sharon Osbourne is incredibly stupid' theme of things here. Sharon is a British citizen (dual nationality with USA) but yet is too damn stupid to recognise that Bruce waves the Union Jack flag during the troop, NOT the St. Georges Cross. The St. Georges Cross being the ENGLISH flag and the Union Jack being the BRITISH flag. Sharon, they are not one and the same. You are an incredibly stupid and ignorant woman and I hate you even more than I did before.

First you turned your husband's awesome legacy in heavy metal into a freakshow reality TV programme, portraying a once respected legend of the music world as a bumbeling drunken fool. You screwed your kids up, both Jack and Kelly ended up in rehab before they were even of legal drining age and you have the audacidy to attack other musicians for lacking credibility and integrity when you yourself particiapte in Asda commercials and appear on stupid pop-tv-show X-Factor. You might make lots of money, but at what cost, you have screwed up your kids, made your husband look like a fool and robbed your family of its dignity.

Your cowardly attack on Iron Maiden was the final slap in the face for the true metal community. When your b-list celebrity status dires up and you're not longer flavour of the week, good luck in finding any kind of fan-base.

[!--QuoteBegin-Forostar+Aug 24 2005, 12:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Forostar @ Aug 24 2005, 12:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]With all respect, but for your own sake, I'd not pay toomuch attention to such comments. Most of them I haven't seen here, anyway. And several moderators already gave warnings.

You can find most of the harsh comments @ the offical Maiden board, so your comments seem to be a out of place (correct me if I am wrong) and in my opinion quite exagerated.

No one gets hurt, even not Sharon (who probably doesn't even know the existence of this board).
[snapback]116455[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well, you apparently could find the most harsh comments on the Ozzfest board (which I was referring to). You're right in saying that I'm better off ignoring them, which is what I am trying to do from now on... on the other hand, I'm just a curious fellow [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Oh, I was just going to buy this live Ozzy CD.... Now I seriously don't know what to do.

[!--QuoteBegin-charlotte+Aug 24 2005, 02:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(charlotte @ Aug 24 2005, 02:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Oh, I was just going to buy this live Ozzy CD.... Now I seriously don't know what to do.
[snapback]116487[/snapback]​
[/quote]

But you don't need to do anything...

I mean, after all these sad events, almost every maiden fan must had felt that they NEEDED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT.

But there's no need for anything. You don't need to BURN all of your Ozzy/Black Sabbath Cds. You don't need to NOT GO to next Ozzfest. You don't need to stop SEEING THE OSBOURNES.

Of course you can do such things (and others alike) IF YOU WANT, that's personal choice (and some of them are mine too)

What do I mean with all of these ?

Well, I don't know if I'm right, but I sense a smell of "Iron Maiden have been spoiled and WE, THE LOYAL FANS, MUST STOP THIS SHIT AT ALL COSTS !" atittude. Of course Maiden have been spoiled but I really think the band doesn't need "our help" at all. They don't need people fighting back at Sharon's/Ozzfest/whatsoever fire (as sure as they don't need people wishing death of cancer for sharon, which brought me knots to my stomach).

We should remember Rod's Statement:

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Maiden are currently returning from America and preparing for UK festivals this weekend and don't wish to waste time giving Sharon Osbourne's statement the dignity of a reply.[/quote]

See how much professionals they are !

What they need from us, is that we remain calm and reasonable, that we should rise up our heads and, lets say, be proud of what they have done on that concert. They kept playing for the fans, AND ONLY FOR THEM, FOR NO ONE ELSE ! Also, for those going to Leeds and Reading, the band needs a huge WELCOME HOME chant, like I saw in the Iron Maiden bb

Well, don't know if you got my point.............. I'm also starting to feel this subject have been discussed at all the points.............

[!--QuoteBegin-MigDaimon+Aug 24 2005, 03:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MigDaimon @ Aug 24 2005, 03:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
We should remember Rod's Statement:
See how much professionals they are ! [/quote]

...and we're not, that 's why we can lose our time filling webpages with our personal vision of the case while the band has already moved to some bigger things!
One thing for sure, thinking back of that Geoff Tate/ Rob Halford/ Bruce Dickinson alliance, kinda "the 3 tenors" but for the metal sphere, I don't know if this will finally happen at some point. But a duet between Bruce & Ozzy seems even more unlikely be it for a charity show or whatever.

Well spoken Perun ! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Btw, here's a great cover of the bootleg :

[img src=\'http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6044/besorry7qi.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Excellent post, MigDaimon! I completely agree with you on all points. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The IMBB server broke down too, it appears. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MigDaimon+Aug 23 2005, 12:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MigDaimon @ Aug 23 2005, 12:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You know what came to my mind with time ?

Can someone remember an easter egg on a recent Iron Maiden DVD which features Bruce Dickinson talking about "A night with Ozzy" ???? Does someone remember that ??? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]

Rock in Rio Easter Egg. Bruce tells a tale about when him and Ozzy once got very drunk.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]P.S.: I want a an audience bootleg of this gig [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]

There is one, check out www.maiden-world.com and check out the DC++ Bootleg Hub, where you can trade MP3 + Lossless, but bootlegs ONLY. I have the San Bernadino gig already.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]P.S.2: I also want a VIDEO BOOTLEG OF IT !!! (But I doubt there would be CHANCE for the existence of one...)
[snapback]116329[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Theres a big chance that there was a video bootleg taken! I think there are some video clips of the show going around at the moment but I wouldn't dismiss the possiblity of a video bootleg, it was a big show!

You can check out [a href=\'http://www.maiden666.com\' target=\'_blank\']this[/a] website too. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

That Kerrang interview was a joke. When asked if she thought the show was ruined for fans by her actions, Sharon said that 'a little egg never hurt anyone, and those at the back wouldn't have noticed.
What about turning the sound system off multiple times you arsehole.
She keeps on saying how Sabbath are better than maiden and its insulting to Sabbath, he has nothing against Sabbath. Apparantly if Jack had run into Bruce at Reading he would have kicked his head in. Yeah right, Jack couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. Apparantly he wouldn't recognise Bruce either. Yeah right. Of course not.
Bitch.

Sorry, thats my rant. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The full interview (now on the news page) is amazingly pathetic. I think commenting on her becomes useless.

Read it and you'll all see (I've highlighted some extracts for those bored the read the full stuff).

Cheers

I think Sauron, I mean, SHaron, will keep this going as farther as she cans. Pissing Maiden Fans off and keeping sabbath at headlines is good for her ego....

And I am pretty sure that the Easter egg I said IS in the EARLY DAYS dvd, not rock in rio...

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Aug 30 2005, 09:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Aug 30 2005, 09:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Rock in Rio Easter Egg. Bruce tells a tale about when him and Ozzy once got very drunk.
[snapback]116832[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Early Days. Mig is right.

Don't tell me that you bumped a one and a half year old thread for this:huh:

Because we want the thread to remain open in case there is future discussion on the topic.

Seeing a movie about "the trooper" is not on-topic here.

Note: bumping this thread even for an on-topic response will still probably get you flamed. No one ever said us moderators had to make any sense, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back