The "Ozzfest Incident"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[!--QuoteBegin-iron_gr+Aug 23 2005, 12:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_gr @ Aug 23 2005, 12:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]One word for Iron Maiden: HUGE ENERGY!
[snapback]116374[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Umm, that's two words. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Aug 23 2005, 11:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Aug 23 2005, 11:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Umm, that's two words. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]116379[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hell yeah! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Mrs Osbourne is stupid, the Trooper was written 20 years before the shit of a war were currently engaged in, it is pretty obvious, last I checked, we weren't fighting the Russians.

Bruce says some stupid things, yes, he may be speaking his mind, but it doesn't make them any less stupid, but I don't care if he'd been quoting the Ku Klux Klan, the Osbournes behaviour is still inexcusable. And if you are going to sabotage, at least do it in an adult manner, throwing eggs and turning off the sound? I'd have expected better from my 11 year old sibling.

this whole situation makes me ill. i can't believe someone would sabatage a bands set,ruining the show for both the band,and the fans who payed good money to see the festival. definately a low class move,by sharon and the others who took part.

Wow, that one picture of the band in the previous page really brings back memories of Saturday...Anyways, yes, to have witnessed such an event was very dissapointing. How can adults act so goddamned childish as it happened this weekend? But we know Iron Maiden came out on top this time. THEY ALWAYS DO. Why? Because, "Iron Maiden's gonna get you...no matter how far!!" Iron Maiden shall remain victorious!

T-shirts are already available [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[a href=\'http://www.cafepress.com/fuck_sharon\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.cafepress.com/fuck_sharon[/a]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Aug 22 2005, 04:17 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Aug 22 2005, 04:17 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Are there any pictures of the gig available?
[snapback]116281[/snapback]​
[/quote]

if you go to [a href=\'http://www.blabbermouth.net\' target=\'_blank\']Blabbermouth[/a] and look at the recent news (check the 8/23 archives if you dont happen to go anytime soon) there are more pictures of the gig. Sorry im too lazy to paste the direct link to the pics--ive been doing way too much of that around here lately.

[!--QuoteBegin-GhostofCain+Aug 23 2005, 04:33 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GhostofCain @ Aug 23 2005, 04:33 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Have you all seen that the Iron Maiden photos at the Ozzfest website have an interesting name? Adrian is Maidengit, Dave is Maidengit2 and a photo with Adrian, Jan, Dave and Steve carries the name Gitline... Not to mention that Bruce photos have been removed too...
[snapback]116317[/snapback]​
[/quote]

lol i didnt notice that, but im sure that the 'git' means 'guitarist(s)'...i hope... [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Aug 22 2005, 11:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Aug 22 2005, 11:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
From what I understand, Maiden has waved it in every country they've played. Hell, I think I remember seeing it being waved in Argentina - a country with which Great Britain was at war with only a few years beforehand! Did the fans care? I don't bloody well think so.

[snapback]116154[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well, actually, Argentinian fans didn't care... until 2001: when Maiden went that time, and Bruce started waving the flag during The Trooper, some riots started on the crowd, so next time they went (last year) he didn't wave any flag during the song. Not only he looked weird there with nothing to hold on THAT song (and hell, I wanted to see that almost as much as I wanted to see Eddie [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]), but it showed how stupid people can be, when they let their fanatism for something (in this case, their NAtionalistic feelings) take over their lives.

I would like to add a couple of my comments. I am an american, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with waving the British flag during The Trooper, in fact, the thought of the British flag in american gigs being disrespectful had never even crossed my mind.

Anyways, I found this at the IMBB: [a href=\'http://www.ironmaiden.org/showthread.php?t=62821\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.ironmaiden.org/showthread.php?t=62821[/a] (copy and paste the link, it worked for me). The footage takes a while to download and the video quality isn't that good, but I recommend it anyways. I especially recommend The Trooper clip where you can actually see that clown wave the american flag for a few seconds. Also, the "death before dishonor" rant from Bruce is a good one, although it's just sound, the rant made the hairs in the back of my neck standup.

Ok, we seem to be at the point where people are posting previous posts on the issue almost verbatim. This leads me to conclude that the poor dead horse doesn't deserve to be kicked any more.

Yes. burn the horse, its beginning to smell. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Killua404+Aug 23 2005, 06:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Killua404 @ Aug 23 2005, 06:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]As far as im concerned, Ozzy Osbourne hasnt made a good song since we lost Rhodes, and he never will.
[snapback]116409[/snapback]​
[/quote]
While you are naturally entitled to hold that opinion, I must disagree. I like all of Ozzy's albums through No More Tears, though I'll concede that his last two weren't as good. As for the future: while I grant that a return to top form is unlikely, I won't rule it out. He's the godfather of metal, and I still root for his future music to not suck.

I agree with Duke. The last two and a half pages say absolutely nothing new, and I think we have discussed all the relevant points on this topic.
I'd like to see a mod closing this thread, but that's just my opinion.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Aug 24 2005, 08:39 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Aug 24 2005, 08:39 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I agree with Duke. The last two and a half pages say absolutely nothing new, and I think we have discussed all the relevant points on this topic.
I'd like to see a mod closing this thread, but that's just my opinion.
[snapback]116437[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I disagree. This subject has made quite an impact, not only for Maidenfans, but in the whole metal scene.

As long as people talk in an intelligent way (hi Mav [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) people should have the right to utter their thoughts on this matter.

As a super-moderator [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] , I shall keep this discussion open.

Just don't be borderline.

Cheers

Alright. Then I will make one comprehensive statement on my opinion of all this.

As an Iron Maiden fan, I feel insulted by Sharon Osbournes comments and actions, no doubt about that. However, even more sickening to me than her behaviour is the reaction of some Iron Maiden fans. There is a thread in the Unapproved News & Rumour Forums with screenshots of the Ozzfest board that sums it all up. Comments such as "Holocaust to the Osbournes" or "I wish you had died of cancer" are outright disgusting, and NO, I repeat, absolutely NO action of anybody deserves this kind of treatment. I do not know how much it hurts Sharon Osbourne, but I can imagine it hurts her a fucking lot.

Let me tell you something.

Sharon Osbournes actions are despisable. There is no excuse for the fact, even though there is a rational and understandable explanation; her stupid actions were triggered by her hurt pride. Fine.

Nevertheless, Sharon Osbourne is a human being. She possesses all the rights and dignities of any other human being. Therefore, she does NOT deserve people wishing her death or harm of any sort.

Apart from that, any person genuinely wishing another one physical or mental harm is, pardon me for an irrational statement, a fucking stupid and pitiful idiot.

What are these people think they are doing? Do they think they are punishing her? Let me tell you something. Sharon Osbourne has already punished herself. There are enough people now who dislike her. I assume that the next Ozzfest will be a flop. Maybe, sales for the records she is responsible for will break in. I don't know. But many people have lost respect for her, and that will show in time, in one form or the other. Considering she either has a very strong ego and a high opinion of herself, OR the precise lack thereof, this will punish her enough.

Sorry, but I am upset by these comments of fellow Maiden fans, because outsiders will throw all Maiden fans into one pool, and it is possible that the one or other of us will be confronted with this matter sooner or later. Even if not, this kind of talk disgusts me, and I felt like pointing it out.

Well spoken Perun! I agree, even though I have no high thoughts of Mrs Osbourne anymore I do not wish her any harm. But I will certainly not look at their tv-show or visit Ozzfest ever again! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] It'll save me some money so I can buy more Maiden stuff!!

That's the right attitude [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Aug 24 2005, 11:17 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Aug 24 2005, 11:17 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Sorry, but I am upset by these comments of fellow Maiden fans, because outsiders will throw all Maiden fans into one pool, and it is possible that the one or other of us will be confronted with this matter sooner or later. Even if not, this kind of talk disgusts me, and I felt like pointing it out.
[snapback]116449[/snapback]​
[/quote]

With all respect, but for your own sake, I'd not pay toomuch attention to such comments. Most of them I haven't seen here, anyway. And several moderators already gave warnings.

You can find most of the harsh comments @ the offical Maiden board, so your comments seem to be a out of place (correct me if I am wrong) and in my opinion quite exagerated.

No one gets hurt, even not Sharon (who probably doesn't even know the existence of this board).

The best way to get back at Sharon, (if you feel you must) is to vote with your wallet. I personally wont be attending any more Ozzfests, or watch her reality show, or buy her pimple cream [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] , or buy Ozzy cd`s.
Only Maiden gets any of my recreational funding.

*Oh by the way, the August 11 Ozzfest show I attended was great. Maiden played fantastic and the crowd was way into them. They played the usual set, which was a delight to hear. Cant wait to see em again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back