The "Ozzfest Incident"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Maggie should be replaced on the cover of the Sanctuary single

[img src=\'http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/dragondrummersonny/ironmaidensgonnagetyou.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Sorted [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Refering to corporate culture the walmartization of the music business in recent interviews , Bruce perhaps is commenting on the Ozzfest as a place to merely make cash for the corporate organzers and a metal festival is just the vehicle to make money. If people happen to get off on the show so much the better.

Ozzy is past his prime. Sabbath was never a great stage show. Rolling Stone Magazine, (although not a great supporter of Heavy Metal) listed Black Sabbah as one of the top 10 most boring stage shows. I've seen Sabbath a few times, great classic music but a truley boring stage show.

Lemmy from Motorhead has not to much good to say in regards to Sharon Osborne in his recent autobiography "White Line Fever".

I saw Maiden waving the Union Jack in Quebec City last month. Now if anyone would throw a fit, it would be there. The history is seen all over Quebec City. HOWEVER! The fans went wild. We know the words, English language or not.

I'm with Bruce all the way. Maiden is in their prime. Something money just can't buy.

Does anybody have info on this Big Dave fellow? Is he officially part of BLS? I wonder if Zakk Wylde is pissed about this, regardless of his past links to Ozzy...

Hello everybody. I just joined. I'd like to say, that I WAS THERE. I saw what happened. Man, San Bernardino...I'll never forget it. Maiden played grate but this shit with the Ozzy camp pissed me the hell off. I wanted to leave after their set, but I couldn't, I was with my friends. I thought seeing Sabbath would be cool, but I felt nothing. Not after what happened to Iron Maiden. I was disappointed to see how the band was treated. I mean, this WAS my first show, AND of course, I wanted seeing Maiden to be perfect. Not even I would sink to such childish levels like the Osbourne camp did, and I'm only 15! Wow, just unbelieveable. I saw it all with my very own eyes.

Wow, I spent a lot of time reading all the accounts of the events in the various threads here.
My impression is that indeed it might be true that Sharon had some good reasons to be pissed off by Bruce's comments about reunion bands / MTV / reality shows and so forth. I mean, after all it was Sharon who invited Maiden to join the Ozzfest tour if I am not mistaken. I'm not sure if Bruce's comments about Sabbath really show a lot of appreciation for being invited to tour with Ozzfest.
If it is really true that Harris apologised to Sharon about Bruce's behaviour then this would indicate that maybe the other band members of Maiden don't 100% agree with the things that Bruce has said.

HOWEVER, Sharon, as a grown up person, should have tried to solve this conflict in a different way!!! She should have talked to Bruce and discussed these things with him.
The things that happened at the gig are absolutely shocking, childish and immature. I can't believe that grown-up people can behave like that!
I've lost all respect for Sharon if I ever had any respect for her at all.
I just hope that Ozzy and the other guys from Sabbath were not actively involved in this. I hope we find out some day.

Now please don't bash me for criticising Bruce in this post. I actually agree with all the things he said about MTV, reality shows and such.

There is absolutely no excuse for Sharon's behaviour!

Iam VERY angry about all this, you can see the big Sharons ego in Osbournes and its clear that this is all her work. I can also clearly see Steve talking to old-man Ozzy about this. Bruce sometimes should not say anything, but all he said is in minds of thousands other people! ....
ABOUT MENTIONED UNION JACK... UNBELIEVABLE!!! I absolutely didnt mind it as provocation and no one in Europe, this can happen again only in USA and some power blinded woman screwed it all up again. By the way, isnt Ozzy from ENGLAND???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We should throw shit on Iced Earth performing every time in Europe, talking about their poor boys in Iraq, playing on their guitars painted with american flags, american flags used as backdrops, their version of national hymn used as opening track... etc etc BUT WE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT THIS BEFORE THEM AND NEVER SHOWED THEM OUR DISRESPECT!
I cannot imagine if someone is throwing EGGS (!!!) on Maiden here, he will be killed at the place! I will beat him automaticly! And its a shame that 40000 people are watching this shit happen and no ones doing anything.
Black Label Society are Osbournes servants, playing on every Ozzfest, Zakk is Ozzys friend... really strange that they agreed on doing this poor shit, i had better meaning about them. When you saw the episode where crazy retarded osbournes were throwing the stuff on their neighbours garden – it was just the same as now, i can see them laughing in backstage...
[!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]((((((((((((((((((

I will add something new: it has come to my attention that the anti-Iron Maiden message in Japanese on the Ozzfest T-shirt was included as Iron Maiden refused to pay Sharon Osbourne a certain amount of money to have their name printed on them.

OK, let's stop the hatred ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Everything has been said on this matter, I think.

The stupid thing is, this is going to seriously damage the Osbournes in terms of popularity, I've already seen mention of people just walking away from Ozzfest after Sharons comment about Bruce. There are a lot of MAIDEN fans in America, and they won't put up with it, surely they could see that?

The fans pay money to see a show and not to have the backstage politics intrude.
They could have settled whatever dispute they had before or after the show.

Bruce made comments about MTV on Live After Death.

Maiden has always been distrustful of the media in general, and who can blame them?

Have you all seen that the Iron Maiden photos at the Ozzfest website have an interesting name? Adrian is Maidengit, Dave is Maidengit2 and a photo with Adrian, Jan, Dave and Steve carries the name Gitline... Not to mention that Bruce photos have been removed too...

You know what came to my mind with time ?

Can someone remember an easter egg on a recent Iron Maiden DVD which features Bruce Dickinson talking about "A night with Ozzy" ???? Does someone remember that ??? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This makes clear for me that the "Madman" has nothing to do with it (At least I am thinking this, and I want to keep on it...), Sharon deserves all the shame for this sad episode...

Another thing which popped my mind: Wouldn't this be just a marketing strategy by SHARON'S camp ??? I doubt it, REALLY think I'm wrong about that, but who knows... [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

One thing is for sure, Maiden comes out all of this even stronger.

P.S.: I want a an audience bootleg of this gig [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

P.S.2: I also want a VIDEO BOOTLEG OF IT !!! (But I doubt there would be CHANCE for the existence of one...)

[!--QuoteBegin-ScreamForMeZurich+Aug 22 2005, 09:28 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ScreamForMeZurich @ Aug 22 2005, 09:28 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]its not the Sabbath-Camp... Sabbath  has nothing to do with this! Its the Ozzfest camp!
[snapback]116267[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--QuoteBegin-7thEdDie+Aug 22 2005, 09:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7thEdDie @ Aug 22 2005, 09:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I totally agree!
[snapback]116268[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It was not my intention to blame sabbath in any way! But Actually, the ozzfest is Sharons little pet and that leads me to the word sabbath by the conectino in Ozzy...

I'd like to thank those at Maidenfans for consolidating all the relevant info on this topic and providing it for me (us) all in one place. - Thanks.

Now I just want to say that Maiden is a different band (as we all know). I have even more respect for these guys than ever before because while they could have easily said "*&^% this" and walked off, thus causing a major commotion for the ozzfest promoters, they didn't. They did it for the fans and endured. WHile they have been around for a time now, they don't have that superstar attitude. Do you think you can name any other bands of similar stature that would do the same?

Unstoppable, inspiring, and amazing....

It now has become completly clear that sharon osbourne has become drunk on her own inflated ego,to organize and incite other bands and crew to do what they did to bruce and the boys just shows her level of jealosy towards iron maiden.

I sincerly hope that people are now totaly awake to the depths that this pathetic person will go to because someone dares to speak the truth about her and her family.

You only had to take a 30 second look at that damn program to see what a bunch of tossers herself and her blimp druggie daughter are really like!

Bruce,(and the rest of maiden!)i give you maximum respect for the way you handled yourselves that night truly proving what a force you are.

Sharon osbourne,you are without doubt the most disgusting.low and quite frankly obcsene individual ever to walk the face of this planet.

[!--QuoteBegin-Pblic enemy nmbr 1+Aug 23 2005, 05:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pblic enemy nmbr 1 @ Aug 23 2005, 05:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I agree john. UP the irons!!!!!
[snapback]116372[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have been a maiden fan since 1981 and seen them more times than i can remember!but one thing has always remained and that is there loyalty and freindship to the fans!

Can sharon say the same for ozzy? i really wonder.

Well said people! Bruce told only the truth and yes, he did well!

About Flags:(!)
In the Greek gig we threw a Greek flag onstage, when Bruce was introducing the band members!!! They all held it and waved it! They had no problem with it!
We also didn't have any problem with the Union Flag in "The Trooper".
In fact, it made the crowd go madder!!!

One word for the Ozzfest camp: PATHETIC!

One word for Iron Maiden: HUGE ENERGY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back