The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

My brother loves FOTD, and he's a music major.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

JBMG is the same case as SAS - a single which is not a single.

I hate to say it but I believe the 4 albums from the 90s are the worst 4 albums from maiden.  That doesn't mean I don't listen to them or don't like them, I just believe the first 7 and the reunion stuff is all superior.

Lampwick 43 said:
I hate to say it but I believe the 4 albums from the 90s are the worst 4 albums from maiden.  That doesn't mean I don't listen to them or don't like them, I just believe the first 7 and the reunion stuff is all superior.

Hey, I'm not arguing with you man. Out of their entire catalog, I agree completely. Though The X Factor is a stroke of genius, in my opinion.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Th

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Also, with all this craziness, this better sell at least twice as many copies as AMOLAD in the first week.
+1 if I go 3O minutes to best buy and find out its not there i will kick someones ass. Most likely the first ICP fan I see. Don't tell me there won't be an ICP fan because I live in Denver.

The thing with Iron Maiden 80's work is that it is too much incredibly impressive! They blow your mind in a sequence that seems almost surreal that those people are capable of creating so many pieces of music of that caliber and with that impact - the contribution of Maiden's 80's works is the same as of the classical composers, The Beatles, Stones, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Zeppelin. After 7 albums that spawned also some of the most amazing and greatest tours in history, things had to reach bottom to reach the top again. That's why I don't slam NPFTD, FOTD, TXF (one of their best) and VXI. There were those 7 albums that changed history, the band needed to change a bit, although they could've taken a more faster and heavier path like Priest did with Painkiller. I think Maiden would've entered a new decade leading as they did in the 80's, but it didn't happen and I won't ever say it was a big mistake. Things just happened the way they should've.

Been lurking in this thread (and the previous one) awhile, figured I'd throw my two cents in on this topic.

I agree as well that the 90's albums are the worst ones, but that certainly doesn't mean they're bad!  All of them have a few outstanding tracks on them.  Out of them all I'd say that Virtual XI is actually my favourite overall.

Sorry, I love Blaze, I think he was incredible, both with Maiden, and now on his own. TXF and VXI are great albums. I know lots of people slag on VXI but it was my first Maiden experience and I'll always cherish it.

LooseCannon said:
Sorry, I love Blaze, I think he was incredible, both with Maiden, and now on his own. TXF and VXI are great albums. I know lots of people slag on VXI but it was my first Maiden experience and I'll always cherish it.

Virtual isn't a bad album but definitely not up to par, in my eyes. I prefer TXF.

LooseCannon said:

I just gave VXI a fair shake finally and I feel it's stronger than The X Factor.  And Blaze's solo stuff is smokin.

No need to apologize LC. I think he's a damn good singer. His solo stuff is great!

Yeah, I know. And I recognize that TXF is the better album, but VXI has that nostalgia factor for me that can't be topped.

Okay, remember if it leaks, do not post links to downloads etc on this forum. I'm going to bed.

LooseCannon said:
Yeah, I know. And I recognize that TXF is the better album, but VXI has that nostalgia factor for me that can't be topped.

Okay, remember if it leaks, do not post links to downloads etc on this forum. I'm going to bed.

Ok....we've got just 8 hours to keep this leak link up on here now....

http://www.justkiddinglc.com

What worries me most isnt if people will be able to upload the album Tomorrow (or today depending on where are you). What worries me is that we are PRESUMING stores or retailers will have the album by monday. We are not sure :/

Man, I really wish these posts counted for something. I fell like I can't get any credibility with only 3 posts to my name. (not that I deserve any) :lol:

Long time lurker. Equally as excited to finally hear the new album!
Of course I will be buying the Mission Edition CD as well as the vinyl version if the local stores have it.
But I am also going mad waiting to hear it as soon as possible!
Maiden is just one of the best bands ever, and there is something magical about them and their music.
Looking forward to the next chapter of Maiden to be part of our lives!

Back