The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Ya, Suicide. It leaked. That's why we're calmly talking about their 90's albums. Sorry. Gotta give ya a hard time on that. :)
HallowedBeMyName said:
I love Blood on the World's Hands. Kick ass bass intro.
Ya, that bass intro is sweet!

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

JUST listened to that a second ago. On Sign of the Cross right now  :shred:

Yeah, I agree that FOTD is defintely a little unbalanced. You have brilliant tracks like ATSS, FOTD....kickass fast rocker like BQOBD...their most brilliantly melodic song ever IMO is ATSS...totally under-appreciated tracks like Judas Be My Guide....but then you have songs like The Apparition and Fear Is The Key which are the only two Maiden songs ever that I don't like. Heh...in true fanboy fashion, though...I have to admit that even in those two songs, I find parts that I like.

TXF is easily the best album of the 90's for me. My favorite off that is TEOD, by far.....what a fantastic song!

I think X-factor is much more consist throughout. The only reason I rate Fear higher is because a few songs I really like.  ATSS, Wasting Love, Chains of Misery and Judas I believe are quite good, everything else not so much.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Bruce RULES that song!

Sorry I prefer each singer to his own. Bruce does nicely, but I would rather him stick to his own work, Blaze sticks to his, and Paul to his. But that's just me.

Also...I strongly feel that Judgment Of Heaven should have been an album track!

I actually like The Apparition a lot, mainly because of Bruce's vocal performance.

Some people just don't enjoy albums 'cos they think everything has to be a masterpiece. I like all albums for what they are, without comparing 'cos it doesn't say much, but surely I got my top 5, 6 Maiden albums. I'm thinking and feeling that The Final Frontier might get a real high spot.

The Apparition is my least favourite Maiden song. I Hate that song XD

That drum/guitar combination during the intro of Lord of the Flies is beautiful to my ears haha  :)

Exactly Jeff. I enjoy FOTD and NP. Just not as much as the other 8 with Bruce and TXF.

I actually really enjoy The Apparition, one of the best on FOTD to me  :o

Virtual XI is excelent. It flows greatly. Everytime I listen to it, I don't even feel it got to the last song so quickly, but The X Factor is a master work, superbly crafted. A masterpiece and Blaze does his job in awesome manner, there.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Th

Judas Be My Guide is one of my favourites from Maiden. I just find it so infectious. It's not better than the classics, but I just enjoy the hell out of it.

Jeffmetal said:
Virtual XI is excelent. It flows greatly. Everytime I listen to it, I don't even feel it got to the last song so quickly, but The X Factor is a master work, superbly crafted. A masterpiece and Blaze does his job in awesome manner, there.

Agree completely Jeff, about The X Factor. Don't know about Virtual XI though  :innocent:

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Th

Ristifer said:
Judas Be My Guide is one of my favourites from Maiden. I just find it so infectious. It's not better than the classics, but I just enjoy the hell out of it.

I love that song... specially Murray´s solos on it

Back