The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Th

HallowedBeMyName said:
I'd personally would have rather been a fan around the golden years, like during the release of Powerslave. It was kind of a rough time during the FOTD era. NPFTD and FOTD were kind of sub par compared to the previous albums, Adrian left, Bruce left soon after....

I got POM in 1983 when I was 8 years old and it changed how I viewed music forever.  I was so bummed when I took FOTD home, I really disliked NPFTD and was hoping I'd like FOTD but I didn't.  

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Watching The Big Lebowski right now...  after it's done, there BETTER be a leak!!!

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Its never going to leak. We're all going to die.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Th

The next album: Day of Apocalypse

release date: December 2012

track listing:

1. Day of Apocalypse.......

I'm too lazy to fill this out  :p
Twarkle said:
I got POM in 1983 when I was 8 years old and it changed how I viewed music forever.  I was so bummed when I took FOTD home, I really disliked NPFTD and was hoping I'd like FOTD but I didn't.  

FOTD didn't impress me when I gave it my first spin. The album slowly grows on me the more I listen....

HallowedBeMyName said:
The next album: Day of Apocalypse

release date: December 2012

track listing:

1. Day of Apocalypse.......

I'm too lazy to fill this out  :p

2. The end of days
3. The rapture
4. The Chicago Cubs win the world series.....

FOTD and NPFTD have grown on me about as much as they're going to.

I like AMOLAD and PS's cover art the most. Have a shirt for the former. I love it.  :ph34r:

Nah, Day of Apocalypse will be the only song and it will be 77 minutes long.

HallowedBeMyName said:
FOTD didn't impress me when I gave it my first spin. The album slowly grows on me more and more....

I've tried to give it a shot over the years but I've realized I simply don't like the music contained on that album or NPFTD.  It never bothered me though.  I consider myself a die hard Maiden geek, but I never felt like I needed to like their entire body of work.  You know how there are some guys who get all self righteous if you don't think every Maiden album is a masterpiece?  That drive me nuts, I can't even have a rational discussion with them.

I'm currently listening to FOTD at this very moment. There are some solid tracks on it, but it's not in the top 10 in terms of Maiden albums.

Every album with Bruce except NP and FOTD are my most favorites. I have a good feeling I'll be able to add TFF to that list.

Twarkle said:
I've tried over the years to give it a shot but I've realized I simply don't like the music contained on that album or NPFTD.  It never bothered me though.  I consider myself a die hard Maiden geek, but I never felt like I needed to like their entire body of work.  You know how there are some guys who get all self righteous if you don't think every Maiden album is a masterpiece?  That drive me nuts, I can't even have a rational discussion with them.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I wouldn't consider Virtual XI, Fear of the Dark, and No Prayer for the Dying masterpieces, but that's just me.
Currently listening to Still Life.

HallowedBeMyName said:
Yeah, I see what you mean. I wouldn't consider Virtual XI, Fear of the Dark, and No Prayer for the Dying masterpieces, but that's just me.

I do believe FOTD is the best of the 90s albums, with x-factor a close second.

HallowedBeMyName said:

The Blaze stuff I simply can't listen to, partially because I can't listen to Blaze.  Again, no big deal some people love him and that's cool .  I will say this though, I believe the X-Factor is a well written album with some great songs, I just personally can't listen to it.  Virtual XI though, well I'll just say that my copy broke, and it will never be replaced.

The X Factor surpasses all of their 90's work by a LONG shot (in my opinion). People just like to judge that album as a whole by the voice behind it instead. If you actually give that album a chance, you would realize it contains some of Maiden's most ingenious work.

Ya, instrumentally, TXF is AMAZING. And yes, I do sort of enjoy Blaze's vocals, but after hearing Bruce sing some of the songs live, I'd give my balls to hear the rest.

Back