The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

.......OK,  WTWWB.....the first 3:40  is, IMHO, not too good,   then gets pretty good and is enjoyable until 6:50, when it falls on its face.  I don't like the lyric structure here.  Steve was WAY too indulgent with this one......As "end of album epics" go,  I put this one just above "Mother Russia" and "Journeyman"

So, without further listens to let much grow on me...here is my Synopsis.

Adrian saved this record from being completely mediocre.

It was almost like Steve said   "hey Adrian and Bruce,  why don't you guys handle this one, and when you're done, hand it over to me so Kevin and I can muck it up a bit."

Until I have further listens, I rank it above IM, XF, VXI, NPFTD, and tied with DOD.     AMOLAD, even with its repetetive choruses, was better, as was BNW.

The progressive elements were great, but it seems like once they ran out of ideas, they just threw some good 'ol Maiden templates in there as filler.

I'm hoping it will grow on me.  And maybe the CD will sound better than this 192 mb/sec download.  

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

I did not expect this album to be what it ended up being; this is the first time since Bruce returned (Well, I got into them with BNW, so he never really had to return for me), that it seems like a hybrid of his solo material with Maiden. After my first listen (not counting El Dorado and Final Frontier, which I've heard a bunch already ... although Satellite immediately got this off to a non-typical Maiden start), the definite highlights, for me, are Alchemist, Starblind, The Man Who Would Be King, and The Way The Wind Blows. Amazing, shockingly adventurous album. But now I must sleep, and listen to many more times starting in the morning.  :rocker:

Art Vandelay said:
Not having much luck. It seems to be a deleted.

I realized after I sent it to you, so I sent another email.

adrian fn rules said:
And maybe the CD will sound better than this 192 mb/sec download.  

Unintentionally hilarious :bigsmile:

As for me, admittedly based on one listen alone, I am not yet that impressed - and this is coming from a progrock/progmetal fan who's been into Maiden since 1992, so it's not the semi-prog song structures or the lack of repeated hooks. Mind you, A Matter of Life and Death was good for the first five listens and then descended into a monotone drudgery which means I struggle to listen to the album these days. Perhaps this album will be the other way around.

We all have differences of opinion, I know, but to me, Bruce is sounding strained which is understandable as he gets older but I wonder if they shouldn't be writing more with this in mind? And why have the incredibly annoying melody line on the guitar all the way through When the Wind Blows? Dear me, just not necessary. Bruce's vocals alone would have carried the melody beautifully.

Regardless, it's fantastic they're still writing and recording. I will miss them when they hang up their gloves.

i only just saw that it has leaked. wow its gona be a slow day at work till i can get home to finally hear this.

i loved the last 3 albums, brave new world was my first maiden album so i think thats why i love this era the most. so i have high hopes for TFF

We all have differences of opinion, I know, but to me, Bruce is sounding strained which is understandable as he gets older but I wonder if they shouldn't be writing more with this in mind? And why have the incredibly annoying melody line on the guitar all the way through When the Wind Blows? Dear me, just not necessary.

:mad: Difference of opinion is right  :mad:

I love that "incredibly annoying melody line"  But of course, opinions... yours is just wrong.

That was a joke. To each their own. WTWWB happens to be my favorite from the album, the melody being one of the main reasons.

Something to note. The closing song on the last 4 albums have been very divisive.

The Thin Line
Journeyman
The Legacy

and now

When The Wild Wind Blows

People either love them or hate them. There isn't much middle ground on them. People either find the last song boring or the greatest thing on the album. Interesting really.

I like When the Wind Blows as a whole, don't get me wrong. I just don't see what the point of the dual melody line is - it's like leaving in a click track :p

Just finished listening to the tracks i hadn't heard yet, i'm not gonna give a track by track review all i'm gonna say is AWESOME ALBUM, NO FILLERS :edmetal: :rocker:

After being until 4am listening to the album last night and listening to it right now

Satellite 15.....the final frontier: Better with intro,and a simple and right song.

El dorado: I like it,more than i thought i would like it

Mother of mercy:Good song,but not more.

Coming home:Navigate of the seas of sun & out of the shadows.Very good chorus,good to be played alive

The alchemist:Man on the edge vibe buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut way better!.Love the changing chorus! Love the song.

Isle of avalon:A bit long for me,but a good song to be heared when you are in good mood

Starblind: Good parts,weird parts,good parts,weird parts.....I dont know what to think right now

The talisman:A-MA-ZING song.What a chorus! EPIC

The man who would be epic:Not a good song for me,and has some skunkworks parts wich i liked it when was bruce solo,not now.Good chorus,not anymore.

When the wind :Need to hear it at least 5 or 6 times more,but i dont like it right now.

Good album right now but not even close to brave new world the best album right now since reunion and  in the smae hight of number and seventh

I'm afraid I had to work through all that insane excitement.
Could anybody please point me in the direction of the plumbing problem  :innocent:

I'm so happy to see all the strong and positive reactions to the album..cant wait to hear it.
Cheers guys

Totally excited about the prospect of listening to this album. If somebody could send me link I would be eternally grateful. Still think BNW is the best of the reunion albums it is so uplifting. My email is richardkeane2002@yahoo.co.uk  .Cant wait to hear the new album, and will buy the cd first thing on Monday but would love to hear it now. Its like July/August 2006 again waiting to hear AMOLAD I hope this album is more positive

BillyTheBoxer said:
Sooooo. Am I the only one who is waiting till the 16th to listen to the album. I feel like I'm the only one. :lol:

No I'm waiting too aside from the first two tracks and it's friggen torture.

Glad to hear the positive responses though.  Everyone seems to have different favorite songs which is cool.

Please though, it takes a lot of time to digest a 75 minute album.  Especially after 4 years.  Saying things like "best since...." seems silly after less than a day.  My opinion though of course.

Thanks to this board for being the best Maiden fan site!

Back