The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

IMO albums should get better as they progress, and that's what this album does. The first half sounds like pretty standard stuff, probably lying just below the things you'd expect from Maiden. It's very rock heavy and doesn't have many surprises, but is still full of plenty of catchy tunes. Then it suddenly changes pace and heads in a mystical & epic direction. You get the epic choruses, the long instrumental sections and a very mystical vibe to go along with it all. In the end, it's the perfect way to layout the album. I don't think anyone could have done it any better.

Not sure on final opinions, obviously that will take some time. But so far I'd say it's an extremely impressive album.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Thank you all guys, this whole thing of waiting the leak here on the forum has been an amazing ride, people here are really great  :eek:k

look forward to come back to the forum, now i can leave for vacation with TFF on my iphone, i will lay on the sand listening to it and it will be amazing!

and btw: The Final Frontier is a f***ing great album!!  :yey:

see you soon and thanks again

The Alchemist

Maiden has mastered the art of writing long epics that don't feel long. Its like watching three hour movie but because its so good, it doesn't seem like three hours were spent.

LordMaiden said:
Maiden has mastered the art of writing long epics that don't feel long. Its like watching three hour movie but because its so good, it doesn't seem like three hours were spent.

Absolutely.

Yeah, I'm thoroughly impressed. I don't think there is a single filler to be seen here. You could say the Alchemist but I happen to like that song better than most of their other short ones in the past 20 years.

Thanks a million to anyone who has sent me a link.Seems to be deleted though. Ah well Ill have to wait till Monday cant wait to hear the epics :)

I think Mother of Mercy is an average song and the others are good or incredible songs.

I agree that none of the songs seem like filler, I greatly enjoyed all of them and this is definitely one of Maiden's best in my opinion.

Xodus said:
IMO albums should get better as they progress, and that's what this album does. The first half sounds like pretty standard stuff, probably lying just below the things you'd expect from Maiden. It's very rock heavy and doesn't have many surprises, but is still full of plenty of catchy tunes. Then it suddenly changes pace and heads in a mystical & epic direction. You get the epic choruses, the long instrumental sections and a very mystical vibe to go along with it all. In the end, it's the perfect way to layout the album. I don't think anyone could have done it any better.

Not sure on final opinions, obviously that will take some time. But so far I'd say it's an extremely impressive album.

The first listening for me was like " what the fuck is that?"very weird album,strange sounds for maiden,for me wasnt the sounds i was expecting,right now i have get the chorus and yes is more epic and mystic,but there are certain parts that for me doesnt sound good for iron maiden.Need more listening.
LordMaiden said:
Yeah, I'm thoroughly impressed. I don't think there is a single filler to be seen here. You could say the Alchemist but I happen to like that song better than most of their other short ones in the past 20 years.

The alchemist has a very normal and common sound in the begining but as soon it get into the 2 chorus you realize that is something we havent seen since moonchild.very good turns,and love it.

Brief thoughts & rating on a 1-5 scale after 3 listens:

Sat 15...TFF - psychedlic 1st half, standard rocker 2nd half. I like both parts. Not typical Maiden but passable 4*

El Dorado - I love the music, not thrilled with the lyrics all in all 4*

Mother of Mercy - Absolutely LOVE IT! 5*

Coming Home - Weird mix of song with the clean channel after wicked intro. GREAT CHORUS! 4.5*

The Alchemist - Very FOTDish, can hear a hint of Be Quick or be dead riffage with some of Bruce's The Magician. Even though the speed of the song comes from Nikko for the most part, this sounds the most like Classic Maiden 5*

Isle ov Avalon - Not a fan. I love the buildup but after that I hear too much recent Maiden. Lord of Light & from about 7:30 the guitar work is total No More Lies. 3*

Starblind - What a weird vibe. Off beat vocals similar to the Phrophecy. LOVE the jamming towards the mid section! 4.5*

The Talisman - Love the opening lyrics, content and delivery. Classic gallop to follow with a hint of Dream of Mirrors. MY FAVORITE 5*

The Man Who Would be King - Like the song except the VERSES! Sounds like Judegement of Heaven mixed with Lord of the flies verses. Not my cup of tea, those songs or that album. The rest of the song is pretty good however. 3*

WTWWB - Love the intro and buildup. Opening distortion is VERY VX11ish. Sounds like Don't look to the eyes of a stranger....which aside from the repetition I liked alot. Has a deep & menacing feel. Another 5*

So out of a total 50 stars, I give it 43. In context of their discorgaphy, it doesn't compare with the first 5. At this point, I'd rank it better than SIT, just below 7th son & better than their post re-union material. I enjoyed & felt the vibe on this CD instantly vs AMOLAD. However, BTATS & The Legacy are Classic maiden tunes. This one has it's share of classics as well but will need more listens first.

after listening to it enough times to digest everything imma give it 4.5/5 imo their best album since brave new world...dance of death and AMOLAD still rock tho  :rocker:

The best word I can use to describe the album....exhausting.  I love it!

Alot of people tend to rush judgement when a cd is new. I tend to rate them based on how many killer tracks are on each one. If I'm lookin at re-union material, Id say, that to me, the killer tracks on each would be:

BNW - BNW, Ghost of the Navigator, Fallen Angel & Out of the Silent Planet
DOD - Montsegur & DOD
AMOLAD - BTATS & Legacy

Based on my early thoughts of TFF I'd say: Mother of Mercy, Alchemist, Talisman & WTWWB. But in time, I could really see Coming Home & Starblind joining ranks. There almost there already!

At this very early stage, this album has more standout tracks than the previous reunion cd's, IMHO. Of course, by dinner time, I may have a differnt view.

Just about to finish my four listen now and am very pleased. I'm glad that the album isn't full of simpler rocky tracks like TFF and El Dorado and enjoying the second half much more than the first. The run of tracks 6-8 is glorious and I'd say Starblind is my favourite track on the album so far. Least favourites are Coming Home and The Alchemist with Mother of Mercy being my favourite song of the first five by a distance.

Obviously it's far too early to make any real judgements on how it compares to other Maiden albums. Right now I'd say I prefer AMOLAD to TFF but would take it over DOD, as far as recent albums go.

When the Wild Wind Blows is on right now is actually pretty beastly too.

Going to go through the last however-many pages of this thread now and find out what everyone else thinks and how close/far away my opinions are to everyone else's. :p Will be interesting.

The way I feel about judging albums is if I'm listening to it constantly, I must like it.

Back