The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

As much as I'd love a full-blown early 90's themed tour, I'd prefer Maiden to spend their limited time on new material. Hopefully we'll get a couple of No Prayer/FOTD songs on the next tour.

I agree. Another album tour with more 90's material in the setlist would be fine with me. Or something like the TFF tour.

To be honest, the only song from the 90s that I really enjoy and have yet to see the reunited band play live is Be Quick or Be Dead. I'd rather they included something off other reunion albums (AMOLAD, DOD, TFF) the next time they tour in support of a new album instead of 90s material. :edmetal:

Guitar update: the X-stroyer is now gone and the 8431 Signature prototype is used by Adrian on FOTD and IM.

Yea I'm sure whenever the Donington DVD comes out, they'll just throw in some 90s songs as part of the album tour.

Yes. I predict a fall 2017 or spring 2018 release on that.

It would be nice to have that show on DVD.

"This one's going out absolutely 100% as we speak so everybody's getting in the earhole!"

A new album (with a tour) sounds better than any pleasure I could realistically dream of. TBOS is now 20 months old and I still listen to it every time I drive alone, which is 10+ times a week, with the volume up as high as my car stereos let without breaking the sound. So if anything like this is ahead, with a surprise option of the style (the albums have been so different from each other), I feel truly blessed to live this time of the Iron Maiden.

A guy I know who knows more about music in general, told me that a drummer is in great danger of losing his abilities to perform good at Nico's age. Taking that and other sporadic evidence I would guess (and hope) that the band will be recording already this year and maybe releasing the 17th studio album early next year (as I think they meant to do with TBOS). So we could see a new world tour in 2018 staring again in US in Feb or so 2018.

Isn't spring 2018 more likely to be the new album release?
True, but they might just follow their usual time line and release in the fall. That would also give them a chance to do a summer mini tour with perhaps a 90s focus.

Also, I think the Donington dvd will be released with comparitively small fanfare. We already know there probably won't be tour.

As much as I'd love a full-blown early 90's themed tour, I'd prefer Maiden to spend their limited time on new material. Hopefully we'll get a couple of No Prayer/FOTD songs on the next tour.

This. People should realize that the things you get now will be history soon. Would you rather see a recap or something new? For me there is enough of the old. Personally I would prefer to see the whole new album performed live than anything else.

I think Donnington will be released before Christmas this year. Next year will be a full blown album tour, with a couple numbers from FOTD in the set and that's it. BQOBD as encore opener, ATTS and FOTD. That's probably it. Maybe Wasting Love if we are extremely lucky.

The Clairvoyant has returned!
Just bold predicting... Releases before Christmas are good for bussiness (gifting). Rush released a R40 documentary before Christmas last year, presumably to make some money, since they are not touring anymore. And since Rod always want to make some money, November release date is the best option sales-wise and it also fills the void between end of BOS tour and new album release.

Bruce is hitting the stride, gig by gig, yes. But the MVP so far in 2017 goes to Nicko. He plays extremely well.

I think Donnington will be released before Christmas this year. Next year will be a full blown album tour, with a couple numbers from FOTD in the set and that's it. BQOBD as encore opener, ATTS and FOTD. That's probably it. Maybe Wasting Love if we are extremely lucky.
That's what I'm thinking.

The only potential obstacle is if they decide to release a dvd from this tour, and I hope they do. Unfortunately, history shows that if the dvd doesn't come right after the tour then it's not going to happen.

About the Live at Donington re-release; I for one hope that all the irritating slow-mo/black and white bits are removed so that the DVD is actually watchable

Back