The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Here is one from Nottingham:

Very nice. Its easier to hear what Bruce is doing now, he's not aiming for and missing that note in the pre chorus, he's going for a different one. Sounds like this is slower than the studio version, too, which will help him. Looking forward to this song a lot. Thursday!

Don't understand why they didn't bring back Afraid To Shoot Strangers. That's one of the easiest songs in the catalogue for Bruce to sing, even Blaze didn't manage to fuck it up. Plus it's an awesome song.

Can't really remember, but I'm pretty sure in Glasgow in 2011 someone threw a Saltire at him after the crowd had given the band (a rather hostile, it felt to me) rendition of Flower of Scotland. So maybe Bruce will bring his own this time? :p

I can't understand this attitude to the Trooper, it's a song about a battle that took place in the Crimean War FFS!

If anyone knows anything about British Military history they will know that thousands of Scottish and Irish men and women have served in the British Armed forces over the years, it's more than likely there were plenty of them among "the 600" on that fateful day.

I can't understand this attitude to the Trooper, it's a song about a battle that took place in the Crimean War FFS!

If anyone knows anything about British Military history they will know that thousands of Scottish and Irish men and women have served in the British Armed forces over the years, it's more than likely there were plenty of them among "the 600" on that fateful day.
And that's why it doesn't really make sense. The booing is more a reaction to flag-waving Englishmen (sorry, but it is); than Maiden, the song, UK military history, etc. Waving a Union Jack just isn't always that popular in "the provinces"...

I'm going to force Wiz & Niall to stomach a few pints of the stuff...
It's been a few years since I've has Tennants. I'm not looking forward to drinking it again.

There's a fairly alternative sort of pub in Dundee that has a good number of world beers, but not Tennants. That's why it's the best pub in Dundee.

It's been a few years since I've has Tennants. I'm not looking forward to drinking it again.

There's a fairly alternative sort of pub in Dundee that has a good number of world beers, but not Tennants. That's why it's the best pub in Dundee.
I'm sure we can find you a pub that sells more than T.

Sligtly drunk Rod tells us that IM are far from done.
ROD: "Just keep Nicko fit, that's all we need to do."

Last edited:
On 'The Trooper' and flag-waving...

I had a search online for any discussion about this and there was a thread on some forum from 12 years ago where one Irish guy said that the people booing the Union flag are "small minded Irish" who are happy to follow English football, watch British TV and drive British cars. They take the Irish flag to Old Trafford and Anfield but get upset at a piece of cloth shown in Ireland. Around where I was standing everyone was pretty happy for 'The Trooper' to be played but, as with any Maiden show, a large portion of the crowd is not local. In spoke to a couple of people afterwards about it and one guy didn't seem too keen on discussing the issue and another was from Belfast and was pretty happy about what happened. I had a look on Twitter and on Iron Maiden's Facebook to see if there was any negative reaction and there are a few people trying to stir shit up, but who the hell pays €70/£65 for a concert ticket, knowing what might happen, then moans about it afterwards? Everyone knows that 'The Trooper' is a staple of Maiden's set and that they wave the flag for theatrical purposes. It's not a political statement. It's a piece of fabric. It doesn't get waved at anyone (unless you're Janick). The past is the past and it should stay there. I'm sure Iron Maiden have no interest in dredging up sectarian issues that are none of their business.

I am worried about what might happen a week tomorrow in the increasingly nationalist Glasgow but, as I've said, who would pay £65 for a ticket and boo at the band they've been dying to see?

Sligtly drunk Rod tells us that IM are far from done.
He has had quite a few Troopers there hasn't he. :-D Rod says they have one more album and tour in them. Will this be the first time since the 90's(?) they will do back to back album tours?

Back