The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Regarding Bruce's statement on UK arena tours. He says a lot in the heat of the moment, so I wouldn't count on a new UK tour next year. But I think we'll see more UK dates on the next European tour compared to the last few ones.

He also said something at Download last year along the lines of 'we've played here so many times but all good things have to come to an end'. It's Bruce stage talk, but the guessing and potential hints are all part of the game.

My huge assumption is based on what I've heard previously re Maiden having spare material, and wanting to get back into the studio and out on the road again ASAP, not on anything Bruce has said recently. ;)

I'd love them to do Manchester on a Premier League weekend. Seeing Maiden and Man Utd ringside on the same weekend would be hard to beat for me.

Just a couple of arena shows instead of a(nother) festival next time around would be gratefully received.

Maybe a 3 month 2018 tour from october to december - like on A Matter Of Life and Death 2006 tour. during that short period of time they did 11 USA+Canada dates, 5 Japan dates, + 28 Europe shows which encludes 9 UK+Ireland dates. I think that something similar could happen. It seem that, they actualy forget how GREAT response the band get on Terra Firma at indoor arenas, compared to large festivals.

Regarding Bruce's statement on UK arena tours. He says a lot in the heat of the moment, so I wouldn't count on a new UK tour next year. But I think we'll see more UK dates on the next European tour compared to the last few ones.

I do not think there would be an extensive UK tour next year, but I think the comment at the Cardiff gig is much more than something said in the heat of the moment, judging by the way he jokingly says "give away, give away". I would not be surprised if they are one of the first bands to play that new venue in Cardiff with a capacity twice that of the Motorpoint Arena...

re: Dave

No sloppiness. Just a deaf soundman (or/and anyone else responsible), like on previous tours. Can't stand the low volume. Just crack it the fuck up and people can hear what he is doing.

Last edited:
I do not think there would be an extensive UK tour next year, but I think the comment at the Cardiff gig is much more than something said in the heat of the moment, judging by the way he jokingly says "give away, give away". I would not be surprised if they are one of the first bands to play that new venue in Cardiff with a capacity twice that of the Motorpoint Arena...
Bruce also said in London that it had been a mistake not to do a regular UK tour, and that "we won't make that mistake again".

Maybe album tour with UK arena shows in 2019? Best of tour next year with festivals in Europe plus some arenas here and there. Cardiff being one of them.

re: Dave

No sloppiness. Just a deaf soundman (or/and anyone else responsible), like on previous tours. Can't stand the low volume. Just crack it the fuck up and people can hear what he is doing.
Yeah, Dave's solos are often low in the mix IMO. But I thought he was clearer than Janick in London. I could barely hear Jan's solos.

Can't stand the low volume. Just crack it the fuck up and people can hear what he is doing.
I think it's his tone as well, it's a bit muddy and gets drowned inside the mix easy. Maybe he should switch some of the equipment he has in rig or change a few settings. His old setup was much better - compare his sound on Rock In Rio with En Vivo.

f8f8799799526de188679df826c24a57.jpg

Or just turn it up to eleven...

Last edited:
If it was a 5:30 kick-off at Old Trafford could you make it to the Arena on time?

I'd have to run the first mile away from the stadium and then take the Metrolink.

No, for such a thing to happen, the concert and game would have to be on different days or the game would have to be early kickoff.

I think dropping Hallowed gave them an opportunity to replace a 5 minute song with a 7 minute song, and play a little more of TBOS. I was really pleasantly surprised with The Great Unknown live.
TGU was in the set from the beginning of rehearsals. It would be the only change from last year's set (See the CSI-maidenfans analysed set picture). HBTN was placed between TBOS and FOTD, but was dropped a few days before the tour.

If there wasn't a court case the set would be:

IESF
SOL
COTD
DOG
TRATB
Trooper
Powerslave
TGU
TBOS
HBTN
FOTD
IM
--------------------
TNOTB
BB
WY

TGU was in the set from the beginning of rehearsals. It would be the only change from last year's set (See the CSI-maidenfans analysed set picture). HBTN was placed between TBOS and FOTD, but was dropped a few days before the tour.

If there wasn't a court case the set would be:

IESF
SOL
COTD
DOG
TRATB
Trooper
Powerslave
TGU
TBOS
HBTN
FOTD