The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Aye, totally a risk but at least theres a chance. And if you have the coin you can buy seating just in case with the hope of sellin em on

Any fans still without tickets and want the best seats at Sheffield and don't mind paying a little more can be let into a little secret. For £115 you can go in the VIP section. It includes a curry meal, one free drink and car park (make sure you e-mail after buying a ticket that you want a car park ticket). These tickets are always available days or weeks after the best seats are sold out. It's a bit tricky though. They are only available through the Sheffield arena website. You go to the Iron Maiden ticket page, click on the "Buy VIP lounge ticket" and then the buy button. You then have a seating plan. Here you must click on the VIP seating block 102 - but it doesn't tell you that anywhere! It's just block 102 on the plan. Click on any other block and nothing happens, which is why I think they take a while to sell. Anyone not knowing Sheffield arena, it's really good access and the seating is not far from the stage, so this block is as good as it gets.
Also, the front two rows of this block (I think) are the seats kept for the band's guests. So on the day if they're not used they go on sale at the arena box office, so check on the day in the afternoon if you're still without a ticket. I think this applies to other arenas too.

Got me my Sunday tickets for London, very happy

Totally forgot till after I picked them up that's the bank holiday weekend so no work the next day. Me thinks me and my buddies will be a wee bit tipsy Sunday evening!

Anybody got anything on the North American tour announcement? A hint. A blurb. A rumour. A quip? Heck I'll take a guess at this point!

They've gone quiet. I'm always suspicious when Maiden's publicity machine goes quiet.

I'm expecting 15-25 North American dates between from June until the end of July. Then it's probably studio in September.

Would not expect them to hit the studio immediately after the tour.

TBOS sessions begun 2 months after Maiden England tour. So if there is a 15 date North American tour which would run from cca 10th of June to 10th of July, they could enter the studio in mid September. Various band members stated how they really liked the way of recording TBOS, so probably they will employ the same principles this time around (going to studio a month or two after coming home from a short tour and record on the fly, unrehearsed). If we are lucky we might even get a new song during next year's shows, however this is highly unlikely.

Anybody got anything on the North American tour announcement? A hint. A blurb. A rumour. A quip? Heck I'll take a guess at this point!
I'd be surprised to see it announced this year. In 2012 they announced the US summer tour in february.

I'd be surprised to see it announced this year. In 2012 they announced the US summer tour in february.

Yeah, I've noticed that the U.S./N.A. markets don't take (or require?) as much lead time for concert announcements. Usually 3-5 months out VS. 8-9 like I've seen in European announcements.

I would definitely expect something to be announced by then. If we don't hear anything by March then I can assume that there won't be one.

My official prediction a 18 date North American tour will be announced in the second week of January. Along with a few South American dates.

In the light of Roy Z's little social media hint the other day, I wonder where the next Bruce album fits into the timescale?

Recording in this Autumn,Winter. Release next Summer, during end or after Maiden tour. Hopefully some (late) (Summer) Bruce gigs. Before entering the Maiden cycle. He needs to drop some of his business if needed to give certain attention to his solo effort. Definitely if he wants to do concerts.

What the fuck's the point in even having a general public sale date, when they just sell all the fucking tickets to the FC, O2 & people getting their gas from SSE? If I can't get a standing ticket for Glasgow tomorrow then Maiden can go fuck themselves.
Aww didums......

Looking forward to Maiden returning to Dublin. Hopefully I can make it. Does anyone know if this is selling quickly as I haven't bought tickets yet?

Does anyone also know what happened to the Belfast date that was muted before the announcement?

I believe it was muted by self. I heard it 2nd hand from the head of PR of SSE Arena. He said it was a cert, discussions were ongoing and that just the date needed finalised. No word from him since. Fuck knows what happened. Of the last 5 gigs on the island, 4 have been in Dublin. Maybe they just prefer it. Maybe the organisers in Belfast are clowns. Maybe Gers prefers the Guiness in Dublin.
No idea about ticket sales but Id check now if yer after standin tickets

Back