The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

The 2016 setlist was so perfect I'm having trouble replacing anything. Maybe Children for another rare 80s tune. Also have to fit Wrathchild in there somehow of course.

I have to admit, this isn't a trend I'd like to see spread. It looks like a messy series of arrangements between Maiden's management, venues, and individual ticket sales companies.
I'm not a fan of it either. I think the Iron Maiden shows have had a fanclub presale, O2 presale and Live Nation presale. Just about enough to take up all the tickets. Not particularly fair if you're not able to pay the extra £30, don't use an O2 phone or don't see the additional presales.

The 2016 setlist was so perfect I'm having trouble replacing anything. Maybe Children for another rare 80s tune. Also have to fit Wrathchild in there somehow of course.
I wouldn't be mad keen on any changes either. It would need to be an unplayed TBOS tune or a proper rarity to make it worth it. Maybe Red & Black for Mariner (just cos I may never get to see Mariner live. Also highly unlikely).

Or The Fugitive for Powerslave....

By the way Cried, I ended up with a nosebleed seat in London three years ago. Top tier, top row, right at the back. I still enjoyed the show and actually, for a change, saw everything that happened on stage.

I was more than happy to get third ticket today: 2 for Frankfurt (1 standing, 1 sitting) and 1 for Hamburg (standing). I did three shows this year too and loved them. The setlist is great but for a couple of reason I would like to see some changes in it. First, there are so many "forgotten" old songs I would like to hear live, Alexander the Great for example. Secondly, I really love live recordings both in Bluray and audio. It would be great to have two different ones. This of course requires Iron Maiden to produce those live shows in video and audio but I am confident they will. The Wacken Open Air 2016 broadcast has already done lot for me in this respect but I would really really much like to see a full Bluray release like the En Vivo -one. Anyway, this is a great day for all Iron Maiden fans. They are coming again and hopefully most of us living within a travel distance have secured tickets. I am driving from Vienna, Austria for the shows. Listening to Iron Maiden obv all the way:)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!
happy0030.gif

Cried has Glasgow standing tickets! :D

How did it happen?
The standing area just randomly became available. It had already done that periodically this morning, but it always claimed the tickets had gone just one step before checkout. That probably happened about a dozen times. Later in the afternoon the standing section never came up, but about an hour ago several lower tier sections just popped up, then standing again. This time, after tickermaster's stupid bot-check, it held the ticket right through till checkout. Phew! :cool:

Maybe people were going though the process and not completing it, the system was holding tickets for them? Or the system was just crap.

Congratulations Cried!
Thank you. I'm so proud of myself.
Maybe people were going though the process and not completing it, the system was holding tickets for them? Or the system was just crap.
When the section becomes/is available there's that wee botcheck (which takes about 10 seconds), but you can basically loose the tickets in that timeframe. But if you get to there (the checkout) you only have 10 minutes to actually pay for your tickets. So, not sure how a couple of thousand tickets could be held like that for that long. I just think ticketmaster releases tickets in tranches. That said, most of the lower tier middle seats had probably mostly gone presale before this morning's tickets even became available. It's only crap as it's so untransparent in respect to the floor. You can't, unlike with the seating sections, see how much has gone.

The standing area just randomly became available. It had already done that periodically this morning, but it always claimed the tickets had gone just one step before checkout. That probably happened about a dozen times. Later in the afternoon the standing section never came up, but about an hour ago several lower tier sections just popped up, then standing again. This time, after tickermaster's stupid bot-check, it held the ticket right through till checkout. Phew! :cool:
It's amazing that so many people are fooled during the whole day. Who'd ever think standing tickets would be available this late?

I know, I never knew it went like this. I'll keep it in mind in future. In the past I've just accepted seating when I thought standing was gone. Top, top info!

Back