The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Frankfurt actually sold out before tickets went on general sale. London is also close to being sold out. Madness.

What the fuck's the point in even having a general public sale date, when they just sell all the fucking tickets to the FC, O2 & people getting their gas from SSE? If I can't get a standing ticket for Glasgow tomorrow then Maiden can go fuck themselves.

What the fuck's the point in even having a general public sale date, when they just sell all the fucking tickets to the FC, O2 & people getting their gas from SSE? If I can't get a standing ticket for Glasgow tomorrow then Maiden can go fuck themselves.
Criedwhenigotnotickets

What's the point of not becoming a fan club member ? Self masochism?

Sorry Cried, couldn't resist. And I realize that a shitload of pre-sale tickets must be going to non-fanclub members as well(?)
I really hope you'll have good tickets.

Ticketmaster absolutely suck.

Went on and searched for Newcastle seating at 9am. None Available, so that means no seated on O2 presale, none for Live Nation, none general sale (confirmed via TM on twitter).

So in a fit of rage I went on the Arena website and noticed this line in bold ::

" Please note venue will be selling seated tickets "

Tried on their site and got 3 seated tickets immediately for near the stage.

Why couldn't TM just admit they had no seated tickets instead of trying to sell me standing instead ? Morons.

What's the point of not becoming a fan club member ? Self masochism?

Sorry Cried, couldn't resist. And I realize that a shitload of pre-sale tickets must be going to non-fanclub members as well(?)
I really hope you'll have good tickets.
Why should I have to join the fan club? I'm already paying them £65 for the fucking tickets.

To get tickets. No, I see what you mean, and agree. The FC should give people the chance to be the first. I hadn't realized that non-FC would have a minimal chance to get a standing ticket (in their own city!).

It's not even about "minimal chance". Does ticketmaster even have standing tickets; or am I just searching for nothing here? Who knows.

All my life's blood is slowly draining away.

Last edited:
On joining the fan club: Maiden tickets cost around £60, fan club membership something like £30. Unless you plan to go to multiple shows the same year, joining the FC to buy a ticket is just a 50% price hike on tickets that aren't exactly cheap to begin with.

I have to admit, this isn't a trend I'd like to see spread. It looks like a messy series of arrangements between Maiden's management, venues, and individual ticket sales companies. Leeds Arena/Eventim aren't offering standing tix today, but they don't mention if Ticketmaster still has any. The arena's standing area isn't all that big.

Like Wiz says, though, seats are still worth it. If it's anything like last year, it's a good show, and worth having a decent view. I ended up getting seats for Leeds - thanks Ticketmaster - and I'm quite looking forward to that now.

Last edited:
Nosebleed-seats & no-view-seats the only tickets available on ticketmaster right now for Glasgow. Standing ticket availability is flashing on & off; so, as before, not that clear what tickermaster has or has not. Still holding out for the floor...

Totally agree with what you say, Brigs. How is this system any better? Just feels like a big marketing gimmick, wasting people's time & money.

Back