The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

A 90s pick would have to involve more than just Fear of the Dark.
FOTD
Clansman
Bring Your Daughter.
That would about do it for me and the 90's.

What I would love to see is a reunion era setlist.
Most of these songs have only been done on the tour for that album.
For those of us in the states, we only got one FF track and they only played 4 cities for the DOD tour.
For anyone who couldn't make one of the album tours they missed out.
I think there is more than enough material between the 5 albums to fill a setlist.

Possible final tour songs if they did 1 from every album:

Iron Maiden
Wrathchild
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Trooper
2 Minutes
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
Bring Your Daughter
Fear Of The Dark
Man On The Edge
Futureal
The Wicker Man
Wildest Dreams
Different World
The Final Frontier
Speed Of Light

I sincerely do not think we will ever hear another NPFTD, TXF, or VXI song in concert.
I still think that The Clansman is a small possibility again because it was played on 3 tours with Bruce from 1999 to 2003. Maybe not this year though.

But they have done surprises before - Lord of the Flies on the Dance of Death Tour and Afraid to Shoot Strangers in the Maiden England set.

Last edited:
This might not be the right place to post this link

sorry for that but it has to be the best quality live show from the BOS tour. Bruce is not in such a good night but he is jet lagged and tired.

The second night is also on YouTube. Bruce sounded better on the first night, but Adrian sounds blistering on the second.

Kinda bummed about ticket prices this year. Maiden used to at least go a little easier than most. Tickets for the floor in Tampa were $20 per ticket higher than Ft Lauderdale last year. From $95 all in to $118.

Kinda bummed about ticket prices this year. Maiden used to at least go a little easier than most. Tickets for the floor in Tampa were $20 per ticket higher than Ft Lauderdale last year. From $95 all in to $118.

Trust me, they do. Might be a little higher than usual Maiden standards, but $120 is a damn fine price for up close compared to a lot of other acts today.

Bon Jovi = $270 tickets.
Roger Waters = $700 tickets.
Def Leppard = $290 tickets.
Guns N Roses have fucking $770 tickets.
Deep Purple and Alice Cooper = $255 tickets
Foreigner = $220 tickets

Keep in mind that these are the prices for tickets in the exact same location as what Maiden are charging for their $110-120.

Out of all of the concerts I just checked for St. Louis in 2017, Maiden were the second cheapest, only behind Green Day (who were charging $89 as highest ticket).

At least we all know Guns n Roses had to pay top dollar to get their eighties members back in the band. But Roger Waters...I wonder if he will play Money.

Waters has a gigantic band and a gigantic production. But still I think $300 per ticket would be enough to cover all of the expenses.

Same thing with Ozzy and ACDC the last time they came through St. Louis. I was interested in going to the ACDC concert in 2012/13 but the cheapest tickets (nosebleed sections) were over $100.

Like you said LooseCannon, fuck that.

Trust me, they do. Might be a little higher than usual Maiden standards, but $120 is a damn fine price for up close compared to a lot of other acts today.

Bon Jovi = $270 tickets.
Roger Waters = $700 tickets.
Def Leppard = $290 tickets.
Guns N Roses have fucking $770 tickets.
Deep Purple and Alice Cooper = $255 tickets
Foreigner = $220 tickets

Keep in mind that these are the prices for tickets in the exact same location as what Maiden are charging for their $110-120.

Out of all of the concerts I just checked for St. Louis in 2017, Maiden were the second cheapest, only behind Green Day (who were charging $89 as highest ticket).
Those might not be the normal, actual prices. I checked Roger Waters for here and the $700 tickets were for special diamond packages. Same with Deep Purple and Alice Cooper. Even Maiden has a separate platinum seats section with what would normally be $120 tickets at a much higher price. Ticketmaster intentionally holds back some tickets so they can do this stuff.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/iron-ma...32B2985E8E?tm_link=edp_onsale&bba=1#efeat4211
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 8.08.14 PM.jpg

Yeah, I would have to think really hard before spending $300 for a concert ....
That is a huge amount of money for a show. From this perspective (as a student who doesn't work yet), I'd only pay that much money for a last Iron Maiden show (as in, they are retiring and that's the last Maiden show I'll ever get to see) or an Iced Earth reunion show with Barlow. Don't think anything else would warrant that much money.

Maiden's the most I've ever spent. The most besides that was the times I saw Rush which was around $60-$70 a ticket for each of the 4 times.

Dunno if I'd feel the same if I'd spent $118 on floor tickets at one of the arenas where I'd probably wind up behind the sound board, but the pit section in Albuquerque is so small that even if I'm at the very back, it'll be like being within 10 rows of the stage on a seated floor.
I feel like I'm getting a hell of a bargain!

And that stuff is enforced? Here only the pit and FTTB, if there's any, are separated by barriers. I took the usual floor ticket for the last show and I've been down there, on the balconies, on the stands, etc. Once you're in the venue there will be no additional checks except a visual bracelet check at the entrance of the pit. Even that isn't enforced all the time throughout the show and you can really pass from floor to pit mid-show with no issues.

Back