The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I'm still in just a bit of happy shock! :D And Ghost too! They're such a great band live and I'm glad they'll be getting all this exposure. HELL YES!

I'm glad the rumors were true!

I'm also happy that Steve mentioned that there will be some setlist changes. I wouldn't expect more than two or three different tracks, though, from what he said. Maybe they'll switch a new song with another, but I'm mostly thinking that some of the classics will be mixed around. Maybe instead of "The Trooper," we'll get "2 Minutes to Midnight." Or maybe "Children of the Damned" will get switched with "Revelations." I'm not really expecting anything too major on that front, but, who knows? Getting "Children of the Damned" and "Powerslave" last year were cool surprises, so maybe they'll continue surprising us. I wouldn't mind something like "Rainmaker" or just about anything off The Final Frontier since the only song they played live from that album during my leg of the tour was "El Dorado."

Looks like I am going to have to look into getting a passport.
The only show that possibly works for me is Toronto.
It is also the shortest distance from me.

Apparently last year, on the 30th anniversary of SIT, the Maiden FB page very briefly held a poll along the lines of "which SIT song do you want to see on the 2017 tour?" (probably removed because it was spammed with ATG requests).
Whilst it's probably baseless, I couldn't resist having a go at a SIT themed setlist:

Eternity
Speed of light
Tears of a clown
Stranger in a strange land
The Red and the black/ROTAM
The Trooper
Heaven can wait
Death or glory
BOS
Hallowed
FOTD
Iron Maiden
NOTB
Blood Brothers
Wasted years

Nothing against the song, of course. I love it more than "2 Minutes." I'm just spitballing ideas on what might be switched out.

Oh, have at it! I just think that The Trooper is one of those songs (like Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, and Fear of the Dark) that we will probably see in every setlist from now til retirement day.

Oh, have at it! I just think that The Trooper is one of those songs (like Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, and Fear of the Dark) that we will probably see in every setlist from now til retirement day.

Agreed. The Trooper has been left out of the set list before, but that was before they launched the beer.

No problems with that.

I'd love to see another SIT song swapped in. I said before 2016 that Sea of Madness would work great with the current lineup and I stand by that. Make it happen!

So how exactly do the fanclub presale codes work? Can you use the same code for as many cities as you want? Or is it a one-and-done thing for one concert?

As I said before the songs that could be changed are: Children Of The Damned, Tears Of A Clown and Wasted Years.

What would I like to hear:
Children Of The Damned -> 22 Accacia Avenue or Die With Your Boots On
Tears Of A Clown -> Stranger In A Strange Land or Rainmaker
Wasted Years -> remains

What will probably happen
Children Of The Damned -> Revelations
Tears Of A Clown -> remains
Wasted Years -> Running Free or Sanctuary

I will be disappointed if wasted years is swapped but that is likely.

I suspect Powerslave will also be dropped, but hopefully we'll get something equally interesting (like BTATS or HCW)

Most likely IMO.
Children of The Damned -> Brave New World
Tears of a Clown -> Wrathchild or 2MTM
Blood Brothers -> The Evil That Men Do
Wasted Years -> Run to the Hills

Dropping TRATB is also possible, but I don't think they'll do it. If they did it would be Dance of Death.

I would be surprised if Powerslave is dropped as the whole theme seems perfect for The Book of Souls stage set, and it was probably one of the best-received songs last year.

Back