The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Oh yeah, if you want to see pictures of Dave's gear, I found Colin Price's twitter with lots of them.
https://twitter.com/BMEBRoadie

Also the Axcess Les Paul has the Greeny mod; the neck pickup is reversed and probably wired out of phase with bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot all about the Download footage. Sky Arts' coverage was pretty pants last time. They didn't get around a lot of bands I wanted to see, and featured dire 'state the obvious' interviews.

How much do they typically show from these? I assume we'll just get the ones shown in that trailer. Looks awesome though!

By the way, it's getting unlikely that there will be any full concert stream from this tour. Shame, I thought it was a given. Most of the major festivals are done now. I think Wacken is the last chance.

Let's hope it's because of plans for DVD...

How much do they typically show from these? I assume we'll just get the ones shown in that trailer. Looks awesome though!

I reckon it'll just be the ones advertised. Last time Sky Arts showed Maiden at Sonisphere, it was about 4-5 songs.

By the way, it's getting unlikely that there will be any full concert stream from this tour. Shame, I thought it was a given. Most of the major festivals are done now. I think Wacken is the last chance.

Let's hope it's because of plans for DVD...
I'm pretty hopeful for Wacken and I'm sure we'll get a DVD since Maiden England got skipped.

I'm pretty hopeful for Wacken and I'm sure we'll get a DVD since Maiden England got skipped.

It's a shame that we'll get Wacken, because Bruce's voice will most likely be burnt out at this point. As far as the DVD goes, we could be getting something like Flight 666. The gigs I would like to hear proffesionally recored are: Anything from S. America, Berlin, Arnhem and Ullevi. Ullevi and S. America because of the atmosphere, Berlin and Arnhem because those two concerts were Bruce's best vocally on this tour.

I don't think it was ever going to come out since they released remastered 1988 show on DVD + biggest shows such as Rock In Rio and Rock am Ring had a very lethargic crowd.

No. I don't know how easy it is to record from Sky. The BF was watching it earlier (he's a Sky subscriber) and he switched it off when they said Don Broco were going to be on. Pt1 might just have been Friday and part of Saturday. Maiden might be on tomorrow night.

He should have kept watching, because, according to Twitter, Maiden 'closed tonight's programme'. ;) Let's hope it will emerge on YT soon.

PS. Btw. it's a pain to search for fresh clips on YT now, because there's a flood of these fake/scam live streams... Literally tens of mirrors.

I'll never know how musicians manage to play through large crowds clapping out of rhythm.

Edit:
I don't remember Bruce's singing being as good as this, particularly those high notes I thought were either hit by mic problems or his voice not being strong enough. I suspect the sound has been tweaked quite a bit here.

Back