The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

And come to think of it, Feb/March time? If I wanted to be out on the terraces at that time of year I'd still be going to Sunderland matches.

I got to see Maiden indoors for the first time this year and it was incredible. Outdoor venues really suck.

I've seen them 5 times and only once was outdoors which was at the White River Amphitheater in 2012. I liked the venue, the sound was good, the show was good, it was warm but I wasn't sweaty. That venue is a perfect example of what an outdoor venue should be like.

Furthermore, the best show I saw was at The Tacoma Dome. Surprisingly good sound there IMO.

Maybe, or just a natural progression. They play 50 shows and Adrian starts thinking, "Damn, I'm playing a lot of leads on this tour," while Janick starts thinking, "Damn, I'm not playing a lot of leads on this tour," and then they hash it out.

1. no Janick solo
  2. no Janick solo
  3. no Janick solo
  4. no Janick solo
  5. with Janick solo
  6. with Janick solo
  7. no Janick solo
  8. no Janick solo
  9. with Janick solo
  10. with Janick solo
  11. with Janick solo
  12. no Janick solo
  13. no Janick solo
  14. with Janick solo
  15. no Janick solo
Adrian: solos in all songs apart from 6, 10, 11, 12 & 14.
Dave: solos in all songs apart from 1, 3, 12 & 15.

1. no Janick solo
  2. no Janick solo
  3. no Janick solo
  4. no Janick solo
  5. with Janick solo
  6. with Janick solo
  7. no Janick solo
  8. no Janick solo
  9. with Janick solo
  10. with Janick solo
  11. with Janick solo
  12. no Janick solo
  13. no Janick solo
  14. with Janick solo
  15. no Janick solo
Adrian: solos in all songs apart from 6, 10, 11, 12 & 14.

So the solo count for TBOS tour is:

Dave: 11
Adrian: 10
Janick: 6 (now)/previously 5

I think it's certainly fair for him to take The Trooper solo, then. Though I like Adrian's better. :D

So the solo count for TBOS tour is:

Dave: 11
Adrian: 10

I think it's certainly fair for him to take The Trooper solo, then. Though I like Adrian's better. :D

"Songs with at least one solo"-count. :)

Adrian has more than 1 solo in TRATB.
Dave has more than 1 solo in Powerslave.

I think it's certainly fair for him to take The Trooper solo, then.
Certainly. The division of solos has never been so much out of balance with a tour promoting a new studio album.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Songs with at least one solo"-count. :)

Adrian has more than 1 solo in TRATB.
Dave has more than 1 solo in Powerslave.

Certainly. The division of solos has never been so much out of balance with a tour promoting a new studio album.

So then the actual solo count would be:

Dave: 12
Adrian: 11
...?

Also, poor Janick. Gives more time to prance, though.

It's also worth mentioning that Jan plays leads under Bruce's vocals on TRATB and TBOS. They are not solos, but are some kind of leads.

Also I'm fine with Jan doing Trooper solo alone if he stays in the ballpark of original solo. But if he starts doing Wasted Years or TNOTB, then I'll have problem with that :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm cool with that... It didn't bother me much, but I've never been a fan of the double solo thing. Now we can focus on one. Maybe this will allow for some experimental takes. Come on, it's Trooper - so overplayed that they can do whatever they want with it now.

To my ears Dave plays a solo in COTD. It is 15 seconds long (common length), is not a repetitious riff and is not the same melody as the following vocal line.

Also, I wish Dave played his Death or Glory solo the same way he played it in the studio..its my favourite solo on the album.

Good to hear them play the final heavy harmony on BOS a bit longer live than the studio version. Finally an "extended jam"!

Back