The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Was at Ullevi. Sound was absolutely catastrophical. Surprisingly low volume & vocals went up and down in the mix all night (yes, Bruce high register was obviously shot, but he still sounded strong on the lower notes - several times I wondered if the sound engineer was pulling something to mask a struggling performance. If this was the case, it only made things worse.) Setlist was good, I like the setlist & the new songs.

As for the openers, I really enjoyed Raven Aged when they opened for British Lion on their UK tour last year, and nothing has changed except for the singer having a bit of an off day here. Opeth... was probably the most ill-suited band at an arena show ever, and it was only really worthwile for the fun anecdotes Åkerfeldt shared in between songs. Nice guy who obviously knew how bad his band fitted the gig.

I got to see Maiden indoors for the first time this year and it was incredible. Outdoor venues really suck.
I've seen Maiden 5 times outside and 6 times inside. Although, the outdoor shows I saw were not at a festival. They were at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion which has (mostly) covered seats. There is a grassy area the cheap tickets can sit on behind the seats.
Current tour was the first time since the 90's I saw them indoor. I prefer indoor.

He absolutely steals the show in Blood Brothers. One of the best moments of the entire show is that Janick solo.
I remember the first time I heard Blood Brothers- on the RIR double CD. Janick's lead and solo brought tears to my eyes and still does. Just so frigging magical.

It's definitely back-to-back Murray solo's. You can also hear this on Prodigal Son, but why would you do that?? It's a boring song.

Except for the back-to-back Murray solo's :p

"The solos are beautiful. Adrian puts a lot of care and feeling in his solo, and Dave takes over with his crystal clear sound".

That's a quote from @Forostar on the Prodigal Son page. Sounds like he agrees with me.

...& the rest of the US as well. I loved traveling to see Maiden back in April, but hope they play closer to home next year so my son can see them for first time

It's definitely back-to-back Murray solo's. You can also hear this on Prodigal Son, but why would you do that?? It's a boring song.

Except for the back-to-back Murray solo's :p

first part of the solo is the best Adrian Smith and IM solo ever. I don't understand how you can mix up the solos in there, the sound and the style are totally different...

first part of the solo is the best Adrian Smith and IM solo ever.
well if you voted for it in tournament of solos it might have gone through to the next round, and you would also probably know about those guys kidding about back to back solos and whatnot ;)

Back