The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I'm still buzzing from the MSG show on Wednesday night. And to think I almost didn't make the trip from DC. Really hope Maiden comes back to US and does a DC show later. Want to see this amazing show again. (And I didn't even like the album that much until I heard the songs live.)

Can't wait to get this on Blu-Ray. They have to release a DVD of this show, right?

It would have worked better if it has still been before midday for most board users. And if NP hadn't already announced a UK tour several hours earlier.

So, the Montreal show. I'm currently shoveling Apple juice and scrambled eggs into me in order to return to some decent form of human.

Raven Age sounds mildly better from the seats. My buddy with me seemed to like them. I thought they played different songs than in Vegas, but I don't care enough to check.

Bruce sounded a little more tired at first than he did in Vegas. But it soon became apparent that he was having microphone problems for the first song and a half.

Every song was great. It was nice to be up from the floor and see the whole stage set. The real highlight for me was Powerslave, which just kicked ass. It sounded perfect.

In the end, I think the show was better than Vegas. It sure as fuck had a louder crowd! But the company, not so good.

Well, just sayin'. I don't want you guys to feel left out.

Re-listening to The Red and the Black now, and I am at the "triumphant" part that starts around 9:30. Watching this live, when the lead melody is played first by Dave, then by Janick, then by H, and it is...so cool, seeing each of them effortlessly trade positions, each playing the riff another played the repetition before. Might have been written by Steve, but it makes all three guitarists sound so fucking awesome. It's a really special track live.

http://montrealgazette.com/entertai...-maiden-claims-16300-souls-at-the-bell-centre

Last edited by a moderator:
bsp.gif

Is it likely that Iron Maiden will come back to the US in 2017? That fake announcement got me excited ahahaha.

I would say so. I think the original plan was to do a full US tour in 2015 and then the 10 date thing they're doing now as the second leg. My theory is that whatever dates they had planned for 2015 will happen in 2017 instead, including a more extensive US tour.

Whether or not that will be called TBOS tour isn't certain though. Could be a Legacy of the Beast thing.

I am 100% certain there will be a tour next year, we won't see an album before 2018 and there is no way Maiden are taking a year off.

Back