The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Hahahahaha, seriously? They were at a heavy metal concert and wanted to people to stay quiet? Maybe clapping only?

Is this common in European concerts, btw?
Maybe not common but I also experienced it at U2 in '97. To be fair I was a bit too excited for a U2 gig. The rest of the crowd at Maiden seemed lively enough, I just got stuck behind the worst two people! They gave in eventually though...:rocker:

I've attended Rock In Rio 2013 and I can tell you the crowd was really crazy and really into the show, except maybe on Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (which was the most anticipated song for me) and The Prisoner. You have no idea how loud people were singing (the youtube version of Rock In Rio 2013 is really bad - Maiden sounded incredible at that night, just like the crowd was much louder than what you can hear on youtube, really). Highlights of public interaction were Can I Play With Madness, The Trooper, Phantom of the Opera, Run To The Hills and, ofc, Fear of the Dark. I remember it sounded like EVERYONE was singing to Run To The Hills chorus and sometimes you couldn't even hear Bruce because of that. Amazing, really.

Kind of strange that none of the gigs seems to be sold out by now (especially the closest ones) if u go by iron maiden.com everything is still on sale
Many of the gigs are sold out, even if the website doesn't list them as sold out. Florida is close to a sellout, it will sell out before the gig, and Tulsa and Las Vegas are both sold out.

In South America they have sold out Monterrey and Sao Paulo, and the Mexico City gigs are close to being sold out. New York and Los Angeles first night are sold out, and three out of four canadian gigs are sold out. The australian gigs are very slow, altough Melbourne is likely to sell out. In Europe four gigs are sold out, excluding festivals. Berlin, Milano, Madrid and Luxembourg.

I'm missing the set predictions, so i'll just post a random one here. Best way to procastinate the work i need to do on the monography

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Brave New World
4. The Trooper
5. The Red and the Black
6. The Number of the Beast
7. Children of the Damned
8. Hallowed be Thy Name
9. 22 Acacia Avenue
10. The Book of Souls
11. The Wicker Man
12. Rainmaker
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

This is what I believe they will play, with the exception of The Clansman which is a just wish of mine.
If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Red and The Black
Wasted Years
Brave New World
The Trooper
The Book of Souls
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers/The Clansman
Tears of A Clown
Children of the Damned
Fear of the Dark
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden

Last edited by a moderator:
So many awesome pics of Ed Force One being shared on the various Maiden Facebook groups!

lVVwctW.jpg

WHo1HPH.png

It could be less than 8 days... On Friday Nicko is scheduled to play at Yngwie's Guitar Gods festival. The promo says he will perform his set consisting of Maiden tunes (as he does at RNR Ribs). The question is will he perform with The McBrainiacs or will this be the first warm-up gig for Maiden in more than 20 years. The festival is in Miami and they are rehearsing in Miami. Also promo material doesn't say Nicko McBrain and The McBrainiacs as usual, it says just Nicko McBrain.

P.S. If that happens it probably won't be full set, I assume around 8-10 songs.
Uh, so what happened then?

Bruce looks very, very happy. Also, his voice sounds really good now compared with few months ago.

This video made me even more excited for São Paulo's show!
He sounds great but not fully recovered,you can hear that "shh" sounds here and there,but i think he will sing great,maybe not that good as previous tours but who cares! the guy is awesome

He sounds great but not fully recovered,you can hear that "shh" sounds here and there,but i think he will sing great,maybe not that good as previous tours but who cares! the guy is awesome

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that interview at Loudwire, that's for sure. That's the reason why they'll tour just 5 months in this first leg, to spare Bruce's vocal cords. I don't think it'll affect his performance (but i do expect a lot less of running around)

Two full days away. I don't count the day of the show. THAT IS XMAS- bd- easter- and every other holiday for me. 3 times in the last 6 yrs I have seen them . make it number 4 Wednesday. COME ON YOU IRONS!

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that interview at Loudwire, that's for sure. That's the reason why they'll tour just 5 months in this first leg, to spare Bruce's vocal cords. I don't think it'll affect his performance (but i do expect a lot less of running around)
I guess that is one main reason they came up with a bigger stage show.

I guess that is one main reason they came up with a bigger stage show.

I'm wondering what will the stage look like....green walls/brown floor? Green floor/brown walls? I'm pretty sure that there'll be pyramids, since Bruce's talking so much about that (that's why i'm dreaming of Powerslave). Torches? What will the Eddies look like?

Oh, and i'll try not to look to the stage pictures. But i'll fail miserably

Back