The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

This raises a VERY IMPORTANT question: in which song Eddie will enter?

I mean, everyone knows that the giant background Eddie will appear on Iron Maiden (at least i hope. This haven't worked out well on the TFF Tour), but which song opens space for the walking Eddie? Death or Glory, perhaps?

I would Iron Maiden - The Big Eddie, The Number Of The Beast - Walking Eddie.

I'm quite excited! Even though I'll only be watching youtube vids and such, I can't wait to see the stage production and what they have planned for the title track. It could be something really theatrical because of what the song is about.

I would Iron Maiden - The Big Eddie, The Number Of The Beast - Walking Eddie.

It makes sense, NOTB solo is a little like RttH/Evil That Man Do parts that the walking Eddie shows up (although i'll keep my bet on Death or Glory open hehe)

About what @Demigod_Tyek said, i beg to differ: i think the title song will have a fashion similar to Powerslave and Dance of Death: some torches, a little fire and Bruce wearing something special, maybe some fireworks as well (outdoor gig here). But, on other hand, last tour had 3 Eddies. But i will be surprised if we get to see another Eddie on Book of Souls (although not TOO much surprised if the Eddie from Speed of Light clip shows up)

And here i was thinking: considering that it's 95% sure that they'll make a second leg in 2017, it's tooi naive or selfish to hope that they'll land here in South America again? I mean, they did that in the 2008/09 double. And, considering the lenght of tue european tour this hear, basically only England will not be covered now. So, we'll have some 10 dates in UK, maybe 10 more in Europe, 20 in US...

I still think those hanging their hopes on lots of UK dates could be disappointed. Some, yes, but not lots.

It makes sense, NOTB solo is a little like RttH/Evil That Man Do parts that the walking Eddie shows up (although i'll keep my bet on Death or Glory open hehe)

About what @Demigod_Tyek said, i beg to differ: i think the title song will have a fashion similar to Powerslave and Dance of Death: some torches, a little fire and Bruce wearing something special, maybe some fireworks as well (outdoor gig here). But, on other hand, last tour had 3 Eddies. But i will be surprised if we get to see another Eddie on Book of Souls (although not TOO much surprised if the Eddie from Speed of Light clip shows up)
Since Dance Of Death, Maiden has not used any pyros on new album tours so I wouldn't count on it this time either, but you never know what they'll do. And I'm quite sure they'll have an Eddie of some kind for TBOS. It just makes sense to me based on the theme of the song.

Just as long as there's an arena show somewhere in England, I'll be happy. London, Birmingham, Manchester. I don't care.

I just need to see them not a festival.

Since Dance Of Death, Maiden has not used any pyros on new album tours so I wouldn't count on it this time either, but you never know what they'll do. And I'm quite sure they'll have an Eddie of some kind for TBOS. It just makes sense to me based on the theme of the song.

I'm pretty optimistic that they'll use at least some pyros on this tour. A lot of festivals and outdoor gigs, the album itself has more "pyromoments" (please don't ask for me to specify what the hell is a pyromoment. Thanks)...in fact, i think that this tour will ressemble the Dance of Death world tour.

And i still think that they'll not show an Eddie on Book of Souls. I rather think that they'll have a special stage preparation

I'm pretty optimistic that they'll use at least some pyros on this tour. A lot of festivals and outdoor gigs, the album itself has more "pyromoments" (please don't ask for me to specify what the hell is a pyromoment. Thanks)...in fact, i think that this tour will ressemble the Dance of Death world tour.
Which moments are you thinking about?

Which moments are you thinking about?

Considering the songs that we are 98% sure that will be played...Speed of Light (specially the ending), Death or Glory and the title song itself. If Eternity Should Fail can show those small pyros when the show starts (like in Moonchild on the last tour). The Red and the Black i can't see, though.

On the AMOLAD tour there was an Eddie-less wartime newspaper backdrop for Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and on the TFF tour an Eddie-less apocalyptic backdrop for When The Wild Wind Blows...my guess is they will have something similar and relevant for The Ed And The Black.
The newspaper was for Longest Day

It could be less than 8 days... On Friday Nicko is scheduled to play at Yngwie's Guitar Gods festival. The promo says he will perform his set consisting of Maiden tunes (as he does at RNR Ribs). The question is will he perform with The McBrainiacs or will this be the first warm-up gig for Maiden in more than 20 years. The festival is in Miami and they are rehearsing in Miami. Also promo material doesn't say Nicko McBrain and The McBrainiacs as usual, it says just Nicko McBrain.

P.S. If that happens it probably won't be full set, I assume around 8-10 songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if it happens, this should be the backdrop:

nicko-eddie-diary.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back