The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

They played along with it quite well, almost carried off the act of 'you didn't see that, nothing happened'.

Hehe yes, it actually works quite well that way and the crowd doesn't seem to notice at all :)

Weren't there a thread about the US crowd being "cold", comparing to the Nordic/Latin America crowds?
I saw some nice bootlegs, like the Blackout show at MSG in 2008, when the crowd laughs with the band playing soccer and such, but others, they just stay quiet. I never went to a concert in US, but i saw in this thread also that the majority prefers to watch the show in a seat, while here the pit and floor tickets are the first to be soldout.

Before people think that i'm mocking or complaining, i'm not. I'm just curious about how people do things differently around the world. It amazes me every single time

To me, Paschendale is the better song, but Dance of Death the better live song. DoD has all the sing along parts, the woah guitar harmonies, and as a result just seems to flow better in a live environment. Paschendale is a bit too stop/starty for that to work especially if they aren't on their game 100%.

I'm still bummed I saw them on that tour long after they stopped swapping those two though, would have been fun to see Paschendale live at least once.

They played along with it quite well, almost carried off the act of 'you didn't see that, nothing happened'.

I could hear in my mind Bruce yelling at Nicko when he turned to the drums "Dafuk just bloody happened?". But, then again, Maiden is an expert in the art of "keep the song rolling, no matter what the hell happens". At Wrathchild in 2007 Download, Bruce slips and everyone stays in their spot. 2 Minutes to Midnight in Athens 1999 and Mandalay Bay 2013 too. They are cool, no matter what Bru...people does

Weren't there a thread about the US crowd being "cold", comparing to the Nordic/Latin America crowds?

I don't know... from what I've read and heard most US fans really liked that 2010 tour because they played a lot of "reunion" era stuff and other stuff that they hadn't been so fortunate to hear when they originally played those songs :)

In comparison to Latin / South America, every crowd is kinda cold.

Except Scandinavia I guess.

Would love to see Maiden in Argentina once, will never happen though

To me, Paschendale is the better song, but Dance of Death the better live song. DoD has all the sing along parts, the woah guitar harmonies, and as a result just seems to flow better in a live environment. Paschendale is a bit too stop/starty for that to work especially if they aren't on their game 100%.

I'm still bummed I saw them on that tour long after they stopped swapping those two though, would have been fun to see Paschendale live at least once.

No one can convince me that Steve haven't made The Red and The Black looking to Dance of Death. That's why i'm looking forward so much to hear TRATB live. And my main regret to not being able to travel to São Paulo in 2011 is exactly not being able to hear DoD live. They'll play Wicker Man and Blood Brothers again, but Dance of Death (and The Talisman), i'm not 100% sure.

But i'm the kind of guy that would buy pit tickets to see a only-post 00 setlist, so i would buy both of those songs hehe.

In fact, i even have a set from that tour on my head, with 2 legs (2nd leg songs in parenthesis) (a slightly realistic one, so nothing of The Nomad or Empire of the Clouds here)

1. Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator (Speed of Light)
3. Brave New World
4. These Colours Don't Run (The Talisman, switching places with El Dorado)
5. No More Lies (Tears of a Clown)
6. Blood Brothers
7. Dance of Death
8. Paschendale (For the Greater Good of God)
9. El Dorado
10. The Book of Souls (When the Wild Wind Blows)
11. Different World
12. The Red and The Black (Brighter Than a Thousand Suns)
13. Death or Glory (Wildest Dreams)
14. Iron Maiden [the laws of physics don't permit an Iron Maiden gig without Iron Maiden, so...]

Yes, I believe I've seen that one, he just keeps on singing on his backside until he can jump up, too.

It was streamed live at the time....We had a big thread on the official Maiden board following the show. it was at the same show where the intro tape to Number of the Beast didn't work and Bruce had to say the lines himself.

Many believed Maiden would release something from this show but that these two incidents are why they didn't.

In comparison to Latin / South America, every crowd is kinda cold.

Except Scandinavia I guess.

Would love to see Maiden in Argentina once, will never happen though

I love to see the Ullevi 2005 bootleg, it's wild. The complete opposite can be seen on the Rock in Ring 2014, though.
But, neverthless, i would like to see a Maiden concert in England some day. It's probably a lot more intimate than the concerts here (Bruce said a lot about that on the Flight 666 documentary, that they pay the price of fame (Death or Glory, i'm in the game of) here and such).

I'll definitely go to a concert in the UK at their Farewell Tour. Maybe two, if Download is their Final Gig. I'll need to make a debt so big that my non-born son will pay it, but hey, what can i do?

There are a couple of Bloopers of the Beast compilations on Youtube. Steve going flat on his back and continuing to play until Bruce helps him up, Adrian tripping over Dave's cable and playing lying down until someone can run on to untangle him without unplugging Dave. Essential skills for performing live as a pro.

I don't know... from what I've read and heard most US fans really liked that 2010 tour because they played a lot of "reunion" era stuff and other stuff that they hadn't been so fortunate to hear when they originally played those songs
I was there, loved the setlist and the performance but it definitely felt like I was one of the few people in the audience who knew the songs. The most obvious moment was the difference between the end of Ghost of the Navigator and the start of Wrathchild, it was as if that song was the "real" start of the concert for most people there.

But even in general, American audiences aren't like what you see in the South America videos.

I was there, loved the setlist and the performance but it definitely felt like I was one of the few people in the audience who knew the songs. The most obvious moment was the difference between the end of Ghost of the Navigator and the start of Wrathchild, it was as if that song was the "real" start of the concert for most people there.

But even in general, American audiences aren't like what you see in the South America videos.

Yeah, well fear not. Nordic country audiences were also unusually quite particularly during most of the second half (when they realized Maiden were gonna play all of it) of the complete AMOLAD shows....then when Fear of The Dark hit the place just exploded. There is fair weather/"play classics" crowds everywhere.

There is fair weather/"play classics" crowds everywhere.

Indeed. Download crowd also came to life when FOTD started. Sonisphere crowd were looking at their watches and wandering off during Seventh Son. :( However, they appreciated Phantom, which was nice.

Indeed. Download crowd also came to life when FOTD started. Sonisphere crowd were looking at their watches and wandering off during Seventh Son. :( However, they appreciated Phantom, which was nice.

And that's why I was pretty kissed off that this year is going to be a lot of festival shows

I have a theory that splits the crowd in 30/40/30. 30% of the audience knows all of the songs (the part that would apreciate Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, for example), 40% knows the classics and some "famous" songs (like Wicker Man, Dance of Death or Phantom of the Opera) and the second 30% knows just the classics and, if the song ain't that one, they'll just listen and wait.

But i never saw people actually texting during a concert. On the other hand, i never attended a festival.

Back