The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Wed 18 Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA Grand Arena
Sat 21 Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA Carnival City Festival Lawns

I'm predicting the first 3 shows will in fact be Seattle, The Bay Area (NorCal), and Los Angeles. That way they can continue to fly south and then work their way back up.

I just hope they actually do a NorCal show. I'd hate to have to drive to Los Angeles for a concert (even if it is Maiden)... whatevs. It will probably be worth it.

Very interested to hear what the 'very extensive' tour in Europe is going to be, although going by the dates, it is prime festival season. A couple of indoor dates would be very much appreciated, though.

Where can they play indoor in the UK, nowadays? Just wondering. London, O2 comes to my, but outside London?

Manchester Arena, Glasgow SECC, NIA Birmingham. They've played other arena venues in Sheffield, Newcastle and Cardiff too.

Manchester Arena, Glasgow SECC, NIA Birmingham. They've played other arena venues in Sheffield, Newcastle and Cardiff too.

They don't hold gigs in the Glasgow SECC any more. They've built a big venue next to it dedicated to music called The Hydro which is a good thing because the SECC was nothing but a big characterless aircraft hangar with shit sound. Sabbath played at The Hydro a couple of years ago so I'm sure Maiden could play there too.

Where can they play indoor in the UK, nowadays? Just wondering. London, O2 comes to my, but outside London?
Screeeeeeam for me Glasgooooooooow! :ok:

Foro
, the album tours are always UK arena tours, none are held in outside venues; & they're all over, not just London. Maiden only really do festivals in the UK on nostalgia-tours (is that what we call 'em? ;)). Don't you recall us (UK members) all complaining about it during, for example, the ME tour, when they didn't play anywhere outside London &/or festivals?
They don't hold gigs in the Glasgow SECC any more. They've built a big venue next to it dedicated to music called The Hydro which is a good thing because the SECC was nothing but a big characterless aircraft hangar with shit sound. Sabbath played at The Hydro a couple of years ago so I'm sure Maiden could play there too.
I think it claims to be the biggest purpose made music arena in Europe. And it's only behind the London O2 in the world in terms of ticket volume in 2014. They've got to play there, surely? (Hope they play a second Scotland gig again too; maybe Edinburgh this time, instead of Aberdeen?)
Very interested to hear what the 'very extensive' tour in Europe is going to be, although going by the dates, it is prime festival season. A couple of indoor dates would be very much appreciated, though.
The very fact that it hasn't mentioned an UK arena tour (that wording) worries me. They always do multiple UK dates on album tours, and I'm pretty sure they stated it as such (UK, arena, tour) before the TFF tour dates were announced. This sounds suspiciously like extensive European festival dates. I don't want to hear that.

And I assume that when the North American dates are announced we'll have maybe 3 days to figure it all out before the pre-sales too. That seems to be the way that always happens, makes it a bit nerve-wracking.

So does every IM show in the US always sell out? How quickly do the Virginia, Maryland or North Carolina shows sell out? I'm not a fan club fan and depending on the dates and time of year, I may not be able to commit so far out. I may have to though if it will sell out in a heartbeat.

Back