The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

If it was Maiden, Dave was off by a year. Plus, Maiden is touring there in the late winter/early Spring. However, what Dave said did not happen, Megadeth did not tour the State and SA with any band. So it could possibly be Maiden, as they had their change of plans announced in January, 2 months after Dave released this statement.

I believe he was probably talking about Maiden, prior to the news about Bruce's diagnosis there were a lot of rumours floating around stating that they had concerts booked in America over the August period, which also ties up with what Bruce has said recently, something along the lines of "We should have been releasing the album a few months ago and be in the middle of a tour right now."

I believe he was probably talking about Maiden, prior to the news about Bruce's diagnosis there were a lot of rumours floating around stating that they had concerts booked in America over the August period, which also ties up with what Bruce has said recently, something along the lines of "We should have been releasing the album a few months ago and be in the middle of a tour right now."
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened

So according to the past two tours, they've stopped in Bristow, VA. They were also in Raleigh, NC last tour. 3 tours ago, they stopped in Columbia, MD. As far back as the AMOLAD tour, they have never stopped in Virginia Beach, VA.

Here's to hoping they give us a respectable amount of mid-Atlantic US stops. If all they do is NJ/NY stops, I'm probably not going to bother to go all the way up there.

We should really only be looking at winter tours to guess where they might play in the U.S., as most of their recent shows have been summer amphitheater type gigs.

I really wish Maiden would do a show in my city here in Brazil this time. I want it so badly... There's a campaign to bring them here to Fortaleza going on since 2008! There's a facebook group dedicated to this campaign with more than 29,000 people. We were pretty hopeful they would come in 2013, because at that time the campaign got attention from the media and from one of the biggest show production company in the city. Since 2013, there's a wave of big international shows here, which gave us hope again. Now, fans here are trying to bring attention to the campaign again and some media outlets already started posting news speculating that the show could happen this time. I'm only posting about this because I'm so jealous of you guys, who went to see Maiden more than once while I and other fans in my city are suffering trying to make this dream happen.

Anyway, If not in my city, I wish at least a concert in some brazilian northeast city, not just São Paulo, Rio or other south/southeast city, please!! They already came to Recife in 2009, It would be great if they could make a show there again! It would be easier for me to go.

Well, the only N.A. places they've gone to multiple times in the past ten years between Feb and April are: Florida, Jersey, and L.A. area. The last "major" tour they did of the U.S. during the colder months was in October of 2006 for AMOLAD, and that was only about 15 dates spread out through the East Coast, a couple in the Midwest, and one California gig. They haven't done a later winter/early spring tour in the U.S. since freaking X Factor, so expect them to stick to the big East Coast stuff and the warmer climates.

Hoping for some Copenhagen indoor arena. Anything but Roskilde....I mean, seeing them at Roskilde is cool but not ideal when ti comes to the whole "live experience"

Going back to the 747, and the fact that they're flying for the whole tour up to, and including part of, Europe... And the fact that the cargo capacity is roughly the same as the 757... Does this mean that nearly the whole world won't be getting a big Eddie?!

(Am I right that the 757 concerts on SBIT and TFF had no big Eddie, except where he was trucked in for live DVD recordings?)

I live about two hours north of NYC, so I'm basically guaranteed at least one show within reasonable driving distance (or more likely I'd take Metro North). I hope they don't play in Jersey again. The Izod center paled in comparison to MSG.

I really hope so too. They seem especially excited about this album, if that's the case they should feel confident enough to at least play half of it.

Dunno about the new stuff, but yay about Run and Hallowed :yey:

#PlayReunions! and #NoSanctuary are my other wishes :D

I can live with this.
Would love them to do Empire, but 4-5 new songs is good value, and can't wait for Hallowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back