The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Can someone explain why Empire of Clouds can be too complicated for live show? I know, noone know how it sounds but if you could take wild guess - what it would be?

I'm guessing the 3 shows in the states will either be Florida or California/west coast . Probably and hopefully San Fran area/ L.A then San Diego or Phoenix . Then after touring s. America, they will cover tex/ Chicago / Florida an New York Boston Detroit Philly then into Canada .
Second leg will satisfy the parts in between and extensive coastal again. With the whole world in between!! Just my educated guess. 9 days.....

Yeah, but I don't understand why? They are able to play songs without a break for 20 - 25 minutes, why playing one but long is different?

Apparently it was also the only track they could not do live in the studio, they had to do it it in multiple parts....if they cant record all of it live i dont think they will attempt it on stage...

Apparently it was also the only track they could not do live in the studio, they had to do it it in multiple parts....if they cant record it live i dont think they will attempt it on stage...
That's the exact same method they used to record WTWWB, which certainly worked well live.

Hmm well its described as a sort of broadway/metal opera thing...perhaps there is just too much going on for it to work then....and the lenght of it if course too

Yeah, let's wait to hear it to see if we even want it done live before complaining that they may not do it.

I will remind people that any discussion of what the band may or may not play when backed up by things like reports or statements must be spoilered.

Not that there is any going on now, but for the new people.

there are people who make excuses and people who find solutions lets hope at some point before they retire someone finds a solution to all the "problems" of playing this piece live. I guess it boils down to how many "masterpieces" you think Maiden have written to how important it is to play this one. I, for the record, think they have made lots of really good music over the years but have exactly zero masterpieces in their released catalog. Maybe people just like to throw around words like masterpiece but i think they should be reserved for very special things. so maybe it is all hyperbole and it's just a good long song in which case who cares if they play it or not.

Back