The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

This also means Empire is still up for discussion. I know Bruce said no and for the record I don't think it'll be played, but I doubt it's completely out of the discussion. It actually doesn't seem too difficult, it's long but it keeps a steady pace without too many big shifts. I know there's a concern about Bruce playing piano live, but they could always get Michael Kenny to do it if necessary.

I think the only factor is going to be length. But honestly if the fan reaction is positive enough I imagine they'd find it worth sacrificing a couple extra songs for. And the fan reaction has been overwhelming, there's no way they haven't noticed this. If I was to look deeply into what Bruce said, Id say it could very well be him being modest with regards to how important his song is to the Maiden cannon.

It's the most buzzed about Maiden song in years. Maybe of the whole reunion era. They have to at least attempt it live.

Or they could shorten EOTC by 4 or 5 minutes and not repeat certain parts as my times. It would be well worth that or cutting a couple songs to hear it live.

I was there! That moment was funny because some people actually thought they were going to play it. :p

i really hope a new stage design,the stage has been the same almost Dance of Death.Im talking about structure.......

They hit on something that's easy to put together, take apart, and to transport, I reckon. You just cover it up with something that fits the theme of the tour, and that's that.

There's a lot flying around all over the net at the moment with regards to tour dates / rumors etc.

I'm almost certain now that Maiden are to co-headline at Download here in the UK in next June, in a way I hope it happens as Sabbath are strongly rumored to co-headline too. However as others have already mentioned they may go down the route of doing an Arena tour of the UK first but then do Download in 2017. The way I potentially see it though, they'll release the tour dates for the US, Latin America, Canada, Europe and possibly Asia first but they'll leave the UK dates until last - as if they are penciled in for Download, they won't be allowed to announce anything related to the event until Download themselves announce it due to contractual agreements.

However at this stage this is purely speculation.

Liam.

Download did announce their headliners for 2013 in September 2012, one of whom was Iron Maiden, so I guess it's possible that they'll do that. However there will be a lot of unhappy people if they only play one UK date next year.

Download did announce their headliners for 2013 in September 2012, one of whom was Iron Maiden, so I guess it's possible that they'll do that. However there will be a lot of unhappy people if they only play one UK date next year.

I'd be very surprised if they only played one UK date next year, maybe they'll do something similar like they did back on the 7th Son tour back in 1988 where they played the Monsters of Rock show in the August but then returned to the UK to do a last leg of the tour?

Liam.

I've had a strong feeling about Download for a while, not least because Steve was seen there this summer. As Wiz says, though, there'll be a lot of disappointment if they don't play a handful of UK indoor shows.

I plan to get to at least two shows anyway as I've seen them eight times and would like to hit ten. I'd like to see them somewhere in Europe though. Maidenfans 2016?

However as others have already mentioned they may go down the route of doing an Arena tour of the UK first but then do Download in 2017. The way I potentially see it though, they'll release the tour dates for the US, Latin America, Canada, Europe and possibly Asia first but they'll leave the UK dates until last...
However there will be a lot of unhappy people if they only play one UK date next year.
As Wiz says, though, there'll be a lot of disappointment if they don't play a handful of UK indoor shows.
Have Maiden ever not done multiple UK dates (not just London/England) on an album tour? I don't think they're going to drop that format now.

My only plan is not to be naive this time and not even try to stand in like... second row from the barrier. :p Last time I got nearly killed during first two songs, lol. Doctor Doctor was crazy enough. It's not for me. My most vivid memory from that show is me escaping back in panic during CIPWM (fitting soundtrack for that) ;D I'd rather stand a few meters back and enjoy the performance from start to finish.

Back