The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Will the setlist for sure be coming in live on the first show? Is there a forum member who will be updating this thread as it happens?

I am just curious. If we're getting live updates from the first show I'll make sure to be here if I can! (I Still don't fully trust that China list..)

As it happens? Probably not. But check www.setlist.fm within an hour of the end of the gig, I'll bet some superfan in FL was taking notes.

[
At the beginning of ME 2014 maidenrevelations had a live update of the set. They could have one now too.
Im relatively new to the world of online Maiden Love and maidenrevelations was the first site I came across, I enjoyed the articles and reviews but it seems to have died over the last few months. Poor form. I miss my Friday Feature!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be so torn on what to do come opening night. I really want to know the set list (and couldn't resist all of these past tours, but that was mainly because the concert I'd be going to was several months in).

But in the case this year, I'll be at the second show in Tulsa. As much as it's going to kill me on Feb 24th and 25th, I think I'm just going to wait it out and witness any surprises in person at the Feb 26th concert. It will be the first Maiden concert I'll attend where I've gone into it blind (not knowing the setlist before hand).

My first 3 maiden gigs were blind (XFT, Brave New World & Early Days) and the subsequent 4 I knew the setlist. Hard to say which I prefer but I definitely dont think I could hold out unless I was going to an early show. Even if I could avoid forums and setlist fm theres still gig reviews in the press. A media blackout seems like too much work when im not even sure that I want the reward!

I'm going to be so torn on what to do come opening night. I really want to know the set list (and couldn't resist all of these past tours, but that was mainly because the concert I'd be going to was several months in).

But in the case this year, I'll be at the second show in Tulsa. As much as it's going to kill me on Feb 24th and 25th, I think I'm just going to wait it out and witness any surprises in person at the Feb 26th concert. It will be the first Maiden concert I'll attend where I've gone into it blind (not knowing the setlist before hand).
Even if you know the setlist from the first show, thay can "surprise" you with dropping a great song and replacing it with Wrathchild :p.

My first 3 maiden gigs were blind (XFT, Brave New World & Early Days) and the subsequent 4 I knew the setlist. Hard to say which I prefer but I definitely dont think I could hold out unless I was going to an early show. Even if I could avoid forums and setlist fm theres still gig reviews in the press. A media blackout seems like too much work when im not even sure that I want the reward!

Last blind setlist I went to in a long time was the TFF tour .. because I went to the first show.

Last blind setlist I went to in a long time was the TFF tour .. because I went to the first show.
My only blind setlist of the 5 shows i've been at was Belgrade 2009. But I suppose it was half blind because it was said they will change 5 songs from 2008.

Not too many surprises on that one from what I can remember. I suppose the biggest surprise I can think of was lord of the flies on DoD. I missed that tour but thought it might pave the way for a bit more creativity in the setlists. How wrong I was...

Not too many surprises on that one from what I can remember. I suppose the biggest surprise I can think of was lord of the flies on DoD. I missed that tour but thought it might pave the way for a bit more creativity in the setlists. How wrong I was...
Actually for the US tour, the album had not been released yet. The El Dorado single came out a day or two before ... I guessed they would play newer material (BMW to AMOLAD), but with no album out yet it was hard to guess exactly what they would play.

It all the sacrifice to go blind worthy?
Here, the concert will be 24 days after the first gig. I don't know if i'll be able to resist, since i don't even know if i want at all to resist (as i said, it'll be my first Maiden gig)

It all the sacrifice to go blind worthy?
Here, the concert will be 24 days after the first gig. I don't know if i'll be able to resist, since i don't even know if i want at all to resist (as i said, it'll be my first Maiden gig)
IMHO not seeing the set is almost impossible if you are a Maiden fan and spend a lot of the time on the internet. But every show is unique in it's own way, even if the set is the same.

Ever since I joined here which was November of 2009, every setlist for all the tours came in live on the first night and I'm quite positive the same was true for the Somewhere Back In Time tour when I was on the official free forum when it was up so I'm sure we'll get the same this time around.

IMHO not seeing the set is almost impossible if you are a Maiden fan and spend a lot of the time on the internet. But every show is unique in it's own way, even if the set is the same.

That's the problem. I'll need to stay almost 3 weeks without reading reviews, silencing whatsapp groups, dropping chats, even this thread...and, considering that i'll be at the line around 1PM (the Raven Age will start playing 7PM here), there's always the risk that i'll be actually sucessful going blind and, right before i move inside the stadium, some crazy dude screams "OH MY GOD, THEY'LL BE PLAYING FLIGHT OF ICARUS! AND CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME!". Then i'll not be able to attend the gig thanks to a attempted murder

Back