The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

TRATB can give Bruce a good break in the middle of the concert, which is good, considering what he's been through and the touring schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
They both sound very doable live, and both are major landmarks of the album, to me. It's more a case that they're both long songs with longish instrumentals in the middle, and therefore too similar in that respect. I still recall people getting bored and wandering off during Seventh Son on the last tour.

In the TFF tour, they played The Talisman and When The Wild Wins Blows. Yes, both of them are less instrumental and a little bit faster than Book of Souls and RatB, but both duos have similarities. I can be wrong, but I think that they'll play both.

The dispensable song in the set, to me, is Tears of a Clown. Either The Pilgrim, Coming Home or even The Alchemist would do a better job (and I loved ToaC, by the way)

As I stated previously on this forum I don't like TRATB too much, so the highlight of the show will probably be TBOS with it's sound.

I think that the set is in order apart from Wasted Years and Blood Brothers. Also if those two are replaced for the rest of the world they will be with one classic and one BNW or AMLOAD song. I hope that Wasted Years stays as a show closer and Reincarnation is played instead od Blood Brothers.
Maybe something like this

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
These Colours Don't Run
Children of the Damned
Brave New World
The Red and the Black
The Trooper
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
The Wicker Man
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
The Number of the Beast
Tears of a Clown
Running Free

Jup, just please don't call the devil with Running Free. Heard it three times in past 5 and a half years.

Here is my take on the set:

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. (Bruce's Speech) Children Of The Damned
4. Brave New World
5. The Book Of Souls
6. The Trooper
7. Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
8. The Red And The Black
9. Death Or Glory
10. The Wicker Man
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------------------------------------
14. The Number Of The Beast
15. (Bruce's Speech) Tears Of A Clown
16. Wasted Years

I would be pretty cool with that set.

Don't want Running Free either, but I think they might finish with that one. Sanctuary kicked ass in 2014, would love to hear it again.

Maybe something like this

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
These Colours Don't Run
Children of the Damned
Brave New World
The Red and the Black
The Trooper
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
The Wicker Man
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
The Number of the Beast
Tears of a Clown
Running Free

I don't feel comfortable with a "slow" song like Tears of a Clown being played near the end of the encore. Although, i have no idea which song would fit better there (if we were in 2010, Hallowed be Thy Name. But now, it's dangerous to let Bruce sing it near the end. Run to the Hills would fit as well, but it isn't on the encore. A fast song like The Pilgrim, The Alchemist, The Mercenary or, my dream, Be Quick or Be Dead. But, then again, i'm a realistic person haha).

And i agree with @matic22, Running Free would be dissapointing, since they played it in 2010/11 already. But, on the other hand, Sanctuary was the finisher in 2013/14, so...yes i don't have a clue on what to think

If i was to organize the set, i would do the follow:

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Brave New World
4. The Trooper
5. Flight of Icarus (yes, i'll bet on this as the surprise. All of you bite me :D) OR Wasted Years OR Die With Your Boots On (which would be easy to be censored)
6. Bruce Speech + Children of the Damned
7. The Red and The Black
8. The Wicker Man
9. Hallowed be Thy Name
10. The Book of Souls
11. Bruce Speech 2 + Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg OR These Colours Don't Run OR No More Lies (a wildcard) OR Blood Brothers
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

At first, i was seriously waiting for a live exibition of Transylvannia, thanks to Bruce's condition, and i wanted to add it on the set (maybe opening the encore, moving Death or Glory between Children and RatB ), but i don't remember the last time that Maiden had 17 songs on a concert, so...

I think a lot of people are assuming that the leaked document is in the exact set order, which I highly doubt.

It's not strictly leaked as such, it's on a Chinese government website. But yes, it's a list of songs for consideration, that happens to be long enough to form a setlist at the Chinese shows, and everything contained in it is plausible. That's all we know for definite about it.

If we take the Chinese document as gospel, I'll bet we get something like this:

01. If Eternity Should Fail
02. Speed of Light
03. The Trooper
04. Brave New World
05. Tears of a Clown
06. The Red and the Black
07. Death or Glory
08. Children of the Damned
09. Blood Brothers
10. The Book of Souls
11. Wasted Years
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-------
14. The Wicker Man
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Actually, it was only played in 2014. Running Free was the last song for four consecutive years, 2010/11/12/13, and I think it should be retired for good.

I agree completely on that. But, for the 4 "main" finisher songs, one isn't on the supposed set (RttH) and the other one will be relatively hard for Bruce to sing, considering his health issues (Hallowed). So, that leaves us with Running Free and Sanctuary. I hope it's the last as well

If they end with Running Free again, you can always leave while it's playing and beat the traffic.

Just under 2 weeks to go until opening night. So, who else is going to be here to watch the setlist come in live?

If they end with Running Free again, you can always leave while it's playing and beat the traffic.

Just under 2 weeks to go until opening night. So, who else is going to be here to watch the setlist come in live?

I'll attend!....the Belo Horizonte concert in 19/03, hehehe. But i'll dissapear of this thread in the day 24, i want at least to try to be surprised.
I wanted the tour to start here, but, just like Bruce said in the Flight 666, after they go south, "the holidays are over" :D

Will the setlist for sure be coming in live on the first show? Is there a forum member who will be updating this thread as it happens?

I am just curious. If we're getting live updates from the first show I'll make sure to be here if I can! (I Still don't fully trust that China list..)

Will the setlist for sure be coming in live on the first show? Is there a forum member who will be updating this thread as it happens?

I am just curious. If we're getting live updates from the first show I'll make sure to be here if I can! (I Still don't fully trust that China list..)

A couple of people have said they're at the Florida show, but probably enjoying themselves too much for live updates.

The China list is a genuine list of songs submitted to and approved by the Chinese government for performance in China. It's not necessarily in the right order, and not necessarily the setlist for other shows. However, it's a good guess that they're rehearsing at least all of these songs, which limits how many other songs they'll be rehearsing.

A couple of people have said they're at the Florida show, but probably enjoying themselves too much for live updates.
Which is completely understandable. I know if I was at the first show, the concert itself would be the ONLY thing I'd be focused on. I'd wait until I got home before I gave any sort of review/setlist info.

The China list is a genuine list of songs submitted to and approved by the Chinese government for performance in China. It's not necessarily in the right order, and not necessarily the setlist for other shows. However, it's a good guess that they're rehearsing at least all of these songs, which limits how many other songs they'll be rehearsing.
Fair enough. But even if the setlist for the rest of the tour is only different by 2 songs, that's still a big difference to me. That's the main reason why I am quite anxious to find out the set for the first show.

I wouldn't want anyone to have to sacrifice their own enjoyment of the show, but if someone volunteered I wouldn't complain!:p

Back