The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Just decided to go to the Dortmund gig.

Maiden, Ghost, Tremonti and Sabaton on the same day for 80€ is a steal

I was wondering here...wouldn't Coming Home be a better fit live then Tears of a Clown? I mean, both of them has similarities (short song, wouldn't demand too much of Bruce's unknown voice situation), but Coming Home has a tone way less depressing (although i loved ToaC. Actually, i loved the whole album. Since the reunion, it's the best to me) and would be a song from The Final Frontier (except from the AMOLAD tour, they played song from the previous album in all of the album tours post-reunion. Brave New World on DOD Tour and Dance of Death on the TFF Tour)

The Chinese setlist is brilliant if Blood Brothers is swapped with an AMOLAD song for the remainder of the tour.

Wasted Years can gladly stay but if replaced it must be by a song with a similar tempo and length but unable to be approved by the Chinese government...

The Chinese setlist is brilliant if Blood Brothers is swapped with an AMOLAD song for the remainder of the tour.

Wasted Years can gladly stay but if replaced it must be by a song with a similar tempo and length but unable to be approved by the Chinese government...

I felt there was a lack of AMOLAD (and Dance of Death) in there, although they might be on non-China setlists.

All weekend or just the Sunday? Also, congratulations!

Just the Sunday - I'm actually very busy both Friday and Saturday so the timing is extremely lucky for me - Halestorm is also playing Sunday and are another of my favourite bands and there are a good few I quite enjoy playing in between.

Most stressful part of this was also figuring out which Iron Maiden T-shirt to buy to wear on the day...

Ah, the t-shirt conundrum. I hope they have Maiden event shirts left on the Sunday. Sonisphere sold out early in 2014. I'm trying to decide between my favourite Maiden FC members shirt - the most comfortable tee ever - and my TBOS/Empire of the Clouds one, seeing as that's a rare one.

I'd have liked to go all weekend, but I'm only going on the Sunday too. Quite pleased with the lineup this year. I'm completely happy to see Nightwish and Amon Amarth again, plus there's Ghost and Gojira on one of the other stages, Saxon, and the BF likes Billy Talent.

Ah, the t-shirt conundrum. I hope they have Maiden event shirts left on the Sunday. Sonisphere sold out early in 2014. I'm trying to decide between my favourite Maiden FC members shirt - the most comfortable tee ever - and my TBOS/Empire of the Clouds one, seeing as that's a rare one.

I'd have liked to go all weekend, but I'm only going on the Sunday too. Quite pleased with the lineup this year. I'm completely happy to see Nightwish and Amon Amarth again, plus there's Ghost and Gojira on one of the other stages, Saxon, and the BF likes Billy Talent.

I haven't seen the EOTC shirt as I'm not a member of Maiden FC. I went for a FOTD shirt as I much prefer the colours and lack of clutter on that album cover but did find quite an old one not produced anymore going surprisingly cheap (one with the name printed along the top rather than up the side which the currently produced one does).

I felt there was a lack of AMOLAD (and Dance of Death) in there, although they might be on non-China setlists.

How curious, i think the other way around: i would rather see Wasted Years being dropped and Blood Brothers staying in the set. I'm a heretic haha

And which song coulg be brought from AMOLAD, considering the amount of time of each song? I would love to see For the Greater Good of God (my fav), Different World, These Colours Don't Run or Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (or even The Pilgrim. Everything except The Legacy).

It's a shame that i'll probably never be able to see Paschendale live. It's my favourite song from Dance of Death, even more than the title song

The Rainmaker would be an ace replacement for Wasted Years but a risky song choice for the encore alongside Tears Of A Clown if that happens to be the position in the China setlist where WY is being placed. I would love these two non-classics to end the show but the "play classics" crowd, the majority of many audiences, may feel it an anti-climax. Slotting The Rainmaker into the main setlist and finishing the show with The Wickerman would be wicked.

Wow, I think I'm over analysing the Setlist for China.

The Rainmaker would be an ace replacement for Wasted Years but a risky song choice for the encore alongside Tears Of A Clown if that happens to be the position in the China setlist where WY is being placed. I would love these two non-classics to end the show but the "play classics" crowd, the majority of many audiences, may feel it an anti-climax. Slotting The Rainmaker into the main setlist and finishing the show with The Wickerman would be wicked.

Wow, I think I'm over analysing the Setlist for China.

The general feeling on the FC forum was that the list approved for China wasn't in order of play. I can't imagine then opening with Blood Brothers, I have to say. If Eternity Should Fail and Speed of Light on the other hand....

I could quite imagine Death or Glory being the start of the encore, the slot that Aces High filled on the last tour.

I think that the set is in order apart from Wasted Years and Blood Brothers. Also if those two are replaced for the rest of the world they will be with one classic and one BNW or AMLOAD song. I hope that Wasted Years stays as a show closer and Reincarnation is played instead od Blood Brothers.

So if the first two were moved elsewhere in the list and Eternity and Speed of Light were 1 and 2? That would make sense. Still not sure about Tears of a Clown as the closing song, though, they usually end on something more cheerful or brassy. I'd be a bit surprised to see The Red and the Black and Book of Souls so close in the setlist, though, in fact I'm surprised to see both listed. Although for some reason, when I first heard RATB I immediately thought 'they'll play this live'.

The Pilgrim for Wasted Years would totally rock.
These Colours or 1,000 Suns for Blood Brothers would totally massively rock.

The Pilgrim is also a personal favourite of mine. Short and energic song. Like i said, they can play The Angel and The Gambler with extended chorus and i'll be happy (damn, i'll even carry a sign saying "Don't you think i'm a savior?").

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns is a little hard for Bruce to sing, no? No one knows how his voice will be and the songs from Book of Souls aren't exactly easy to sing. These Colours Don't Run would be easier, a fake set released a few months ago had her (although it included Sign of the Cross too. I would be eletrified to hear it again, but i'm a realistic haha)

So if the first two were moved elsewhere in the list and Eternity and Speed of Light were 1 and 2? That would make sense. Still not sure about Tears of a Clown as the closing song, though, they usually end on something more cheerful or brassy. I'd be a bit surprised to see The Red and the Black and Book of Souls so close in the setlist, though, in fact I'm surprised to see both listed. Although for some reason, when I first heard RATB I immediately thought 'they'll play this live'.

Basically yes, Blood Brothers (or something from AMLOAD or TFF) should be about 7th in the set and Wasted Years (or another classic) should be the show closer. I just hope that they don't replace Wasted Years with Sanctuary or Running Free for the rest of the world. If that happens I'll be very very dissappointed.

When i first heard the Book of Souls,i was sure that both of them would be performed live. The title song is...well, the title song. And The Red and The Black were wrote for live shows, with the "ÔoooÔ" and the epic guitar trio at the end (that was one of the highest points of the album to me, i had goosebumps in that final).

To be honest, i thought that The Great Unknown and Shadows of the Valley would be played live as well. And this forum made me think of how awesome would be just Empire of the Clouds at the encore. A badass end

Basically yes, Blood Brothers (or something from AMLOAD or TFF) should be about 7th in the set and Wasted Years (or another classic) should be the show closer. I just hope that they don't replace Wasted Years with Sanctuary or Running Free for the rest of the world. If that happens I'll be very very dissappointed.
Sanctuary or Running Free wouldn't surprise me one bit. :/

When i first heard the Book of Souls,i was sure that both of them would be performed live. The title song is...well, the title song. And The Red and The Black were wrote for live shows, with the "ÔoooÔ" and the epic guitar trio at the end (that was one of the highest points of the album to me, i had goosebumps in that final).

To be honest, i thought that The Great Unknown and Shadows of the Valley would be played live as well. And this forum made me think of how awesome would be just Empire of the Clouds at the encore. A badass end

They both sound very doable live, and both are major landmarks of the album, to me. It's more a case that they're both long songs with longish instrumentals in the middle, and therefore too similar in that respect. I still recall people getting bored and wandering off during Seventh Son on the last tour.

Back