The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I hope I am posting in the right place; I assume this simple question does not warrant a new thread... Would anyone have any idea at all what time they would actually start playing tonight at MSG? Some compications with the family at home, trying my best to make it but can't get there on time. Thanks in advance...

I hope I am posting in the right place; I assume this simple question does not warrant a new thread... Would anyone have any idea at all what time they would actually start playing tonight at MSG? Some compications with the family at home, trying my best to make it but can't get there on time. Thanks in advance...

I got this from MSG:

Yes, please see the below for tonight’s rundown:
7:30 pm ‐8:10 pm The Raven Age
8:50 pm – 11:00 pm Iron Maiden

A picture Maiden posted recently from the gig in Sao Paulo. Wow.

10632097_261710354166145_530327383_n.jpg

Another big show tonight in New York, Madison Square Garden.

40 minute break is a bit too long. Also, more than 2 hours for 15 songs? I find it hard to believe.

The show in Tulsa was right at 2 hours in length. I remember checking my phone both when the intro video started and when they finished "Wasted Years", and the times were 8:50pm at start and 10:53pm at finish.

The show in Tulsa was right at 2 hours in length. I remember checking my phone both when the intro video started and when they finished "Wasted Years", and the times were 8:50pm at start and 10:53pm at finish.

Those times might be how long they have the stage reserved ... also after Wasted Years .. you have a few minutes of "maybe they will play another song" darkness then Always Look ...

Let down: Death or Glory. A "meh, it's nice" song on the album became...a "meh, it's cool" song live. The band tried to give it a new life on the stage, but, ultimately, it was the weakest point of the whole set. Although the opening IS cool to hear live
One positive thing about DOG is it's right in the middle of the set: a perfect time for a pee break.

The thing is that the song hasn't got any crowd interaction moment. But maybe we could say DOD>TBOS live. But TBOS is relatively new song so only time will tell.

I don't know what it is about TBOS, maybe the slow beginning, but I wonder how it will be live, especially in regard to crowd reaction. Going to my first show of the tour tonight and haven't watched any of the video clips. I like the solos, but it just doesn't grab me like some of the other songs on the album. I understand its the title track for the tour, so they're going to plug it, but I find myself wishing they'd used a different long-length song in the setlist there (based on the paper set list and having not heard it live). I would have loved to bring back ROTAM there although it might have been a tough vocal back to back ahead of Hallowed. Anyway, I'll see in a few hours.

I also agree with Niall's comments on the vocal mirroring the guitar on TRATB, but I am looking forward to hearing that one live. Up the Irons!

I hate the overly-cheery sounding 'reeed and the blaaaack' vocals and the guitar mirroring the vocal melody get old very quick. However, I love the last couple of mins. I don't think they would have such an impact without the boring/annoying stuff that comes before it. But it does seem to work live. Like El Dorado, I didn't dig this tune until I heard it live

You know, I agree with that for the most part. I didn't love TRATB the first time I heard it either. Maybe my least favorite part of Maiden is when the lead guitar plays the entire melody along with Bruce's vocals (makes the sound a little too folky for my liking). It didn't bother me so much in the choruses, just mainly the verses which already have so much going on with so many lyrics that it clogs the sound. I'm sure it translates a little better live like most of the post-reunion tracks for me, but I definitely don't disagree with this.

I was trying to figure out why Speed of Light sounded familiar and it just came to me...the opening guitar into Bruce's lead-in scream are very similar to the beginning of Steel Dragon's Blood Pollution (yeah I have a couple of those on the playlist)

Maiden just released on Facebook a video of the "Wheelchair incident" here in BH. I think I actually spotted myself there haha

But this isn't the point. My point is: That was a professional recording and none of those images were at the big screens. It was completely pro. Maybe they'll release a documentary of the gigs here, like they did in 2011? Or the Live in Latin America is a reality? I'm hopeful now

Back