The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

And yea the devil was really neat, was on my side of the stage so I got a great view of it.

Everything about this show is bigger than it was on the ME tour and way bigger than the TFF tour.

Back at my house, kind off odd. Went to the concert, stayed up for 4 hours after it, jumped on a plane (slept on that) and just got home a few minutes ago.

I just hope they film the history of maiden part 4 and do 1 more album before they retire. Nicko is 64 in august I cant see him still doing this when hes 68 or so... Maiden fans 4 Life!

I thought that the shows most likely to be filmed were in South America, but they're heading there right now, so probably we would have already heard about plans for filming if e.g. Mexico was the case. We'll see, maybe it's time for a European DVD. This show has to be captured... Well, the worst case scenario will be some kind of pro-shot festival stream - I'm sure it will happen.

And this makes me think they will release a dvd of this tour...

Considering how much they prepared the stage and Bruce's new costumes, probably they will. But which concert? Wacken, another stadium gig here in South America (maybe a Flight 666 style, but only with Latin American concerts? That's the only chance Belo Horizonte will have to appear on a DVD :D), maybe Download (2007 and 2013 apparentely flopped. Third is a charm?)?

I don't know why, but this style of stage reminds me a lot of the Dance of Death World Tour one

Considering how much they prepared the stage and Bruce's new costumes, probably they will. But which concert? Wacken, another stadium gig here in South America (maybe a Flight 666 style, but only with Latin American concerts? That's the only chance Belo Horizonte will have to appear on a DVD :D), maybe Download (2007 and 2013 apparentely flopped. Third is a charm?)?

I don't know why, but this style of stage reminds me a lot of the Dance of Death World Tour one
Of course another dvd filmed in Brazil would be great :D... but it's really unlikely. I also don't think they will repeat flight 666 style. So maybe they will film in Mexico? Argentina? Or maybe in europe...

Anyway, it can be at any place, as long as they film.. This tour deserves a dvd!

Donington, UK, Download Festival. June 12h...A likely candidate.
Hm, I don't know. They didn't stream Maiden the last time - only a couple of songs were published, I think. Maybe this year's incarnation of Rock am Ring (Rock im Revier is the same thing, right?). Their Maiden England stream looked very good (better than Rock in Rio IMO).

The show last night was incredible. Definitely one of their best stages in awhile. Band was great and Bruce was awesome.

I may be weird in thinking this - but I find the album tours more fun than the hits tours. I just love hearing them do new stuff. All the new songs were great last night.

Highlights for me were If Eternity Should Fail, The Red and the Black, Book of Souls and Children of the Damned.

Can't wait to see them again in NYC next month!

I just hope they film the history of maiden part 4 and do 1 more album before they retire. Nicko is 64 in august I cant see him still doing this when hes 68 or so... Maiden fans 4 Life!

68 is in 4 years. 2020.

2016-2017: The Book of Souls World Tour
2018: Rest (Bruce will probably record a new solo album, and Steve will tour with British Lion)
Late 2019-2020: 90s tour
2021: New Album
2022: New Album World Tour
2023-2024: Farewell Tour

So, in the most tight agenda scenario, they would retire in 2024 if they do both a 90s tour and a new album. Nicko will be 72 years old there. I don't think that he'll be able to play a tight tour at this age (a member posted here a interview of him saying that he didn't saw himself playing beyond 70 or something like that).

I see two roads here: Either they'll record another album in the early 2018, tour in 2019, do some rest and go in a massive 2020-2021 Farewell Tour (we even have a name: Legacy of the Beast World Tour) or they'll do solo stuff in 2018 and do a even bigger LotB World Tour, ranging 2019 to 2021

Full Show from Opening Night (sans Death or Glory) in HD

Edit : Well , they've just put the best videos in a row.. not really full show as in whole concert from 1 angle

I really love the setlist on this tour! Its so cool that they included Powerslave, Children of the damned, the best classics, the best live songs of The book of souls, Blood brothers in the encore and Wasted years as a closing track :-D

They better record a new concert DVD/Blu-ray on this tour, perhaps at Wacken? I'll probably be unable to attend any show in 2016, so I sure hope it will come out a live concert!

I'm thinking right now...we have 3 brazilians on this thread (myself, from Belo Horizonte and, as far as i could read, Naty from Fortaleza and Shavasku from São Paulo), one user from Ecuador and one from Mexico (i forgot the nick, but the one with Dave's pic), but no one from Argentina or Chile! That's surprising hahahah

Back