The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Quick report: they're on "TRATB" and Bruce sounds FANTASTIC thus far. Really amazing. The crowd doing the chorus to "TRATB" in unison gave tingles. Song works much better live than I thought it would.

Following along online- they sound fantastic so far! Bruce needs a teleprompter for the lyrics to TBOS... :p

Shit, they are on FIRE tonight! I'm envious of all you people who are actually there! Bruce especially seems to be enjoying himself:

"Scream for me Las Vegas... THE IRON FUCKINNNNG MAIDENNNN!" :D

To me, they are playing an AMAZING setlist on this tour. I can't find anything to complain about and there's much to cheer & celebrate. We've got six brand-new album cuts, a classic oldie in COTD, another classic in Powerslave, and their usual oeuvre still played with passion and fire. The Trooper, Fear of the Dark and even Iron Maiden were played better than I've heard them in years. HBTN was great. I mean...I think some fans complain a bit too much. Opening with IESF IS different for Maiden...and that's a GOOD thing. The tempo, the tonality, the arrangement - all different. They don't rest on their laurels and give you the same thing all of the time. Even TOAC worked very well live to me. I've heard 2MTM, Wrathchild, TETMD, etc dozens of times. What's wrong with something a bit more mid-tempo with a strong vocal performance once in a while? TBOS was hot as molten magma...a vicious riff, with Bruce in full performance artist mode. Awesome. At their ages after all of the years & gigs, this band is still vital and seems hungry. And Janick actually played tonight and kept the "performing" to a minimum! I had a ball. Glad I'll see them again on this tour in April.

Forgot to tell you guys...you know by now that Adrian plays slide during his solo on "Death Or Glory" (great live song, btw). Well, I was watching him...after he plays the slide lick and drops it, it looked like his guitar tech Sean pulled it offstage via an attached string. Can anyone verify this?

Don't believe that's the case. Slides tend to roll quite far when dropped because of their shape. With my former band we used to play a song during which I used slide for approx 20 seconds and then drop it. Sometimes it ended on the other side of the rehearsal place. Another thing I hate is the bounces of the picks when dropped, that sometimes defeat phisycs.;)

Literally the most epic show I've seen. Bruce sounded amazing!!! He nailed The Book of Souls!!!!
I think the band had more energy then when I saw them on the Maiden England tour. I recorded some of Tears of a Clown and the last half of The Book of Souls which have some excellent quality, so I'll upload those soon. It is my opinion that they should drop Death or Glory and replace it with The Wickerman. It had an awkward spot and feels weird live. That may be because they played it real slow. But they did that with Powerslave too. However that was maybe the best song of the night.

Sorry I couldn't make the meet up guys, my group went and ate after the show. I met Knick though!

The setlist and stage have probably been discussed to death already, so I'm gonna nitpick:

Seeing a Floyd rose on a Les Paul guitar really irrationally bothers me.

I think they should have more drapes based on the album/single artwork again. Some of their Eddie - less backdrops are cool but for example in NOTB the flames are kinda boring.

Seriously though the show was incredible. Bruce sounds unbelievably good.

I think they should have more drapes based on the album/single artwork again. Some of their Eddie - less backdrops are cool but for example in NOTB the flames are kinda boring.

true true, but isn't the big devil figure bigger than usual? Or is that just me....

iron-maiden-ft-lauderdale-24-2-16-44046.jpg

Back