The Hangover Thread

To help ease the impending hangover one of the things that is recommended is to drink loads of water before going to sleep - but the problem is that if you remember to drink the water, you may not need it, if you forget, then you most certainly do.

Another potential problem, if you are that wasted and do happen to remember to slam a ton of water, is pissing the bed... or floor, wherever you happen to be lying really.

D&N said:
Another potential problem, if you are that wasted and do happen to remember to slam a ton of water, is pissing the bed... or floor, wherever you happen to be lying really.

What if you are this Wasted?  Guess there is still the same problem...

When hungover in Rome, do what the Romans do... I'm taking my chariot out to kill some fuckin humans and tigers..... Peace!

Not hung over anymore, but damn, I can't for the life of me understand how I wasn't devastated on Sunday.  I can't remember almost anything after leaving the hostel's bar except that I think I locked myself out of the room and had to go to the reception to ask for a new key.  But I woke up the next morning around eight, and I only had a small headache and couldn't eat anything.  I've had bigger hangovers for drinking less before, so I can't understand why I didn't lie in bed until 11 like my friends.

Well, look at the bright side: At least you managed to write two words, with no grammatical or spelling errors.  It can't be that bad ;)

He was gonna write something more, but then he heard the keys typing and that was it.

I finally know what the worst beer in the world is. Sternburg Export. Whenever I even think of it my stomach feels funny and I have the taste of vomit in my mouth. I had only three of them on Friday, and yet it wasted me for the entire Saturday (well, that and some awful Bulgarian red wine, but I dare say the effect of that had already worn off by the time I got the beer).

Well, I was fine till someone gave me what was supposed to be Fireball Whiskey in the corridor last night.  It wasn't.  I had one shot of 151 to get going, but beyond that, I was just drinking beer and less-hard liquor.

Perun said:
I finally know what the worst beer in the world is. Sternburg Export. Whenever I even think of it my stomach feels funny and I have the taste of vomit in my mouth. I had only three of them on Friday, and yet it wasted me for the entire Saturday (well, that and some awful Bulgarian red wine, but I dare say the effect of that had already worn off by the time I got the beer).

Send me a six-pack, and I'll send you a six-pack of Natural Light.  We'll compare and see which is worse.

LooseCannon said:
Well, I was fine till someone gave me what was supposed to be Fireball Whiskey in the corridor last night.  It wasn't.  I had one shot of 151 to get going, but beyond that, I was just drinking beer and less-hard liquor.

Sneaky bastards.  However:  'Beer before liquor, never sicker; liquor before beer, never fear'  --that has served me well, so not too bad a night for you.

Ever had something called 'prarie fire'?  Its a shot drink where they pour a shot of tequila and then treat it with tabasco sauce.  wooooooooo!!

Yeah, I've done prairie fires before.  Not my favourite shot...my favourite is a liquid cocaine.

Never heard of that one

*googles it*

Ah, Bacardi, Goldschlager and Jagermeister.  Sounds good!

If the devil took liquid shape, it would be Jägermeister.

I've been so sick so many times after drinking pseudo-jägerbombs (red bull isn't sold in Denmark, as it's considered "too strong" - meanwhile, 11,5% beer is no problem <_< ). It never fails in giving me complete blackouts and the worst hangovers.

Today is Monday, and I'm still shaking like I suffer from Alzheimer's after a birthday party on Saturday. I had a six-pack of fairly strong beer (Ceres Royal Export, 5.6%) along with a few pints of cider (Swedish Kopparsberg, 4-5-ish %), at which point I decided to take a quick break and head to McDonald's for a quick snack with a friend. Worst idea ever. We got back, I had half a cider and went and spewed it all over someone's front door. After that, I felt like shit, but thought I might as well try and get proper hammered, and so I did. Within the next hour I consumed 3 liters of cider and one liter of gin & tonic, along with with any shots that were within reach. I woke up at 6 in the morning on a couch, and someone passed me a joint. Skip forward through 3-4 hours of sleep, and it was time to head home. I could barely stay awake for the 1½hr drive, and spent all of Sunday on my couch. more than 24hrs later, I still feel a bit smashed, and going through the whole "I'll never drink again" thing...

Gotta love it.

Hozz said:
I've been so sick so many times after drinking pseudo-jägerbombs (red bull isn't sold in Denmark, as it's considered "too strong" - meanwhile, 11,5% beer is no problem <_< ).

11.5% beer?  I didn't know you Danes are such heavy drinkers. :bigsmile:

We only have a few above 10%, but those few are like drinking beer-flavoured double cream with bubbles. We do have a long tradition of making 6+% beers though, and most of those taste absolutely marvelous, much better than the piss that is Carlsberg.

I could be mistaken but I believe Carlsberg is very popular outside your country. Not proud of it?  ;)
Let's call it royal piss, or something.

Back