The Great ALEVIVOR Sleeps At Last... WINNERS!

Vote for your LEAST favorite song!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back Through Time
  • Back Through Time - Average opener. It can stay for now, but I won't expect it to go very far (but then again, you guys voted "The Quest" out, so I can't trust you at all with this stuff :p). And as a proud Dane, I cannot (and will not) accept vikings going down that easy against bloody pirates :p
  • Shipwrecked - Yeah, the "Keelhauled" of this record. One of the best songs here, too. It will probably end up high in the final rankings, and rightfully so.
  • The Sunk'n Norwegian - Not bad, not great. Lyrically, it's a lot like "Nancy" from the debut. I never skip it when listening to the album.
  • Midget Saw - The short melody that bookends the song is only good thing about, otherwise it's entirely forgettable. Vote.
  • Buckfast Powersmash - Hilariously bad song. Vote.
  • Scraping the Barrel - Best tune on the album for me. It's also the token "slow song", like "Nancy" and "End of Our Days", but a lot better than those two. Also one of the rare examples on this album where the tongue-in-cheek lyrics work out very well.
  • Rum - Heh. Pretty ironic that this tune follows a song about running out of ideas... Weak and generic track. Vote.
  • Swashbuckled - Another weak start is thankfully saved by a great chorus and an even better instrumental part. I like the tempo changes too. Enjoyable song.
  • Rumpelkombo - The story behind it is hilarious, but really, this isn't a song, it's a joke. Vote.
  • Barrett's Privateers - It's yet another cover, right. Decent stuff, but still gets a vote.
  • Death Throes of the Terrorsquid - So, this is like a sequel of sorts to "Leviathan" from the previous album. I still prefer the former, but this is a great song, and probably my pick as the third-best of the album (after "Scraping the Barrel" and "Shipwrecked"). Dark, atmospheric, slow and lumbering at times, you really feel like you're staring down a truly monstrous being. Really good way to end the album.

Yeah. I remembered Back Through Time as Alestorm's weakest effort overall, and nothing has changed my opinion in that regard. A few great songs, and the rest is either average at best or outright bad.

In addition to the ones above, also voting for "To the End of Our Days", "Black Sails at Midnight" and "Pirate Song".

Been busy in London. And no, not stalking Maiden. I'd just go to Boyes in Stockton for that.

420010_-_alestorm_-_logo_-_cut_out_-_patch.jpg

Eliminated in Round 6:
Buckfast Powersmash (6 votes)
Rumpelkombo (6 votes)
Midget Saw (5 votes)

Added:
I Am a Cider Drinker (The Wurzles cover)
You Are a Pirate (LazyTown cover)

Back from the Fatherland to my home base and it's time to get the ALEVIVOR runnin' smoothly again. I'm not surprised at all at which songs kicked the bucket last round, but what's really interesting is that only three songs received 0 votes - "Captain Morgan's Revenge", "Keelhauled", and "Death Throes of the Terrorsquid" - one from each album. Will these rank highest from their respective albums at the end of our Survivor? We'll see!

Voting for only five songs out of a possible nine. Those being "Over The Seas" (good song but not too memorable as a whole), "Leviathan" (overrated), "Back Through Time" (meh title track), "Rum" (bad live closer), and "I Am a Cider Drinker" (okay cover but nothing else).

I'm excited to see how "You Are a Pirate" fares here. Despite being a cover, it's become one of Alestorm most popular songs (probably mainly for meme-ability) and in the wake of Stephen Karl's death, maybe we'll see it get somewhere. Great cover, I like it about as much as "Barrett's Privateers".

I'm excited to see how "You Are a Pirate" fares here. Despite being a cover, it's become one of Alestorm most popular songs (probably mainly for meme-ability) and in the wake of Stephen Karl's death, maybe we'll see it get somewhere. Great cover, I like it about as much as "Barrett's Privateers".
Fuck that, only Barrett's Privateers deserves to survive of Alestorm covers.

To the End of Our Days, Black Sails, Pirate Song, Back Through Time, Sunk'n Norwegian, Rum, Barret's, Cider Drinker, You are a Pirate

Voting for as many as possible for the sake of progress :D

alestorm-4f872ea6d6658.png

Eliminated in Round 7:
I Am a Cider Drinker (5 votes)
You Are a Pirate (4 votes)

You fuckers had to go and eliminate one of the best songs in the game before it got anywhere. RIP "You Are a Pirate". #NeverForget

In its stead though comes "In the Navy", a cover which I think the Muppets did best.

Voting for "Over The Seas", "Leviathan", "To the Ends of Our Days", "Back Through Time", "Shipwrecked", "Scraping The Barrel", "Rum", and "In The Navy".

End of Our Days
Black Sails
Pirate Song
Back Through Time
Sunk'n Norwegian
Rum
Barret's
In the Navy

Back