THE FUTURE PAST TOUR - The Setlist Contest! WINNERS: blackie2380, MrKnickerbocker & Collin

Obviously a fake setlist, but way more plausible than a lot of the setlists being posted here.

Imo, if they will not play Alexander... That would be major fuk up. After all those hints and flirting. Personally, I would prefer Rime, but Alexander was somewhat promised and was never played live.

Last edited:
So opinions are mostly divided. So from Senjutsu: The Writing on the Wall (single), Hell on Earth (fan favorite), The Time Machine (a Harris-Gers must). These three are obvious to be played.

I am 100% sure they will play The Time Machine and there will be special scenography or maybe some big changes on the stage (for example from future to the past) right after or before that song.

It will be awesome if they played When Two Worlds Collide as the devider from SIT to Senjutsu world, and then change the set (during a small break)

I am 100% sure they will play The Time Machine and there will be special scenography or maybe some big changes on the stage (for example from future to the past) right after or before that song.
My updated guess is for the opening trio of:

Caught Somewhere in Time
Days of Future Past
The Time Machine
(all using the same backdrop and set, and then the banner drops, the lights get brighter and...)

"Something old, something new...let's time travel back to our Jurassic Period...

WRATHCHILD!!!!!!"

Seems a little early for Time Machine, but I can see it.

The more I think about it, the more that 1-2 punch of Caught Somewhere in Time and Days of Future Past seems perfect.

I would like to have Phantom instead some of classic song. Last time it was played on album tour was SiT. It is time to get it back on album tour, song is definition of heavy metal and Iron Maiden overall. Just drop Hallowed and play Phantom it will fit perfect.
This show I went to in 86 actually has 10 songs the same as the fake setlist. I went the previous night too and they added Wrathchild as Bruce said for the ones who came last night. Phantom and ROTM are still massive highlights from all the shows I've seen. I'd happily drop Hallowed, Trooper, NOTB, FOTD, RTTH, etc to accommodate some deeper cuts.

I really don't see Hallowed being dropped. As far as I know they've only ever not played it due to legal issues?

I do think CSIT>DOFP or CSIT>2MTM are the most likely openers.

Stratego I think is 50/50 whether it makes the set or not. I don't mind either way.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love Phantom instead of Fear as a nod to Somewhere on Tour's setlist (even though it was actually a late addition on that tour after they switched a few songs around and dropped some). Plus it's actually been a decent while since they've played it last and in general it's hardly a staple.

Caught Somewhere in Time
Wrathchild
Stratego
The Writing on the Wall

Los in a Lost World
Wasted Years

The Trooper
Senjutsu
Stranger in a Strange Land
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Alexander the Great

Hell on Earth

Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
–––––––––––––––––
Walking on Glass
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed be thy Name

Obviously a fake setlist, but way more plausible than a lot of the setlists being posted here.
Well, adding Parchment (2nd SJ epic is expected), Alexander (after all the hints), a short song like Futureal and the usual 5 classic is not unrealistic at all. Also, No Trooper? No NOTB?
So opinions are mostly divided.
Not quite.
That's a great idea! I don't expect big changes to the stage set though.
It will be awesome if they played When Two Worlds Collide as the devider from SIT to Senjutsu world, and then change the set (during a small break)
Nicko likes the song, Bruce should sound fine, but it has no chance, unfortunately.
I really don't see Hallowed being dropped. As far as I know they've only ever not played it due to legal issues?

I do think CSIT>DOFP or CSIT>2MTM are the most likely openers.

Stratego I think is 50/50 whether it makes the set or not. I don't mind either way.
Agreed about Hallowed, but they might need to cut some of the longer songs.

I think the first 2 songs will be from SIT and SJ.

As much as I love Stratego, it has to go so we can hear another new song. Nicko will be glad about that.

"Something old, something new...let's time travel back to our Jurassic Period...

QUEST FOR FIRE!!!!!"
Los in a Lost World
d1twm1c-0183ca3e-cc42-4d87-b7e5-1f45024cf519.jpg

Back