The Future Past Tour 2024

Hoping there's some GA left when general public opens Friday for the St. Paul show. Actually talked my wife into maybe going, but if the prices are $150ish a ticket, I'm guessing she's gonna pass.

Hoping there's some GA left when general public opens Friday for the St. Paul show. Actually talked my wife into maybe going, but if the prices are $150ish a ticket, I'm guessing she's gonna pass.
This is a breakdown of St. Paul for 2x GA tickets.

Tickets GA $124.50 x2 TOTAL: $249.00
Fees:
Service Fee: $23.40 x2 TOTAL: $46.80
Facility Charge: $5.00 x2 TOTAL: $10.00
Order Processing Fee: $7.60
Tax: $4.16

--------------------
Total
(incl. $4.16 tax)
$317.56

Saw Metallica there in 2018 up in the 300-level. Vocals a little muddy, guitars maybe too high. Probably more to do with the FOH mix rather than the venue's acoustics that day.
I snagged what (little) was allocated in 114 (A lot of it was VIP packages and just not open for the fanclub presale)

From what Ive seen, should be great seats. Personally I woulda went 113 but Im taking 2 Maiden newbies and want them to have a perfect view of the whole stage as opposed to just being closer to Eddie and the Boys

The band want money, the crew needs to get paid, touring is really expensive these days. Apparently much more expensive than before Covid.

But the big bullshit are all the fees Ticketmaster charge. It's robbery.
Not to mention promoters, venue, transpo, hotels, etc. want money, too. There are many fingers in the pie and everything costs more.

Fees:

--------------------
Total
(incl. $4.16 tax)
$317.56
Wow, thanks! I had a feeling the $100 I paid for GA (before fees) on the BoS and Legacy tours couldn't last.

Got my floor tickets for Chicago. 3 tickets for $450, woof.

This will be the first tour since Maiden England 2012 I won't be seeing them multiple times. The next closest place to me after Chicago is St Paul Minnesota, but that's an 8-and-a-half drive away. We decided not to do it this tour. Which is a damn shame because this tour, of all tours, with the setlist, is the tour I'd want to see multiple times. I'm surprised they've skipped most of the other popular Midwest destinations they've done in the past (Nashville, Indianapolis, St Louis, Tulsa, etc). I'm smack dab in the middle of any of those cities, but St Paul is just a bit too far away.

I'm also stoked they're playing the Allstate Arena this time around again. First time I saw them was at the Allstate Arena in 2008, and they never returned to that stadium in any of the tours since, until this time around. Feel like it's come full circle. But also, because of that, I can't shake this uneasy feeling that this may be the last time I see Maiden live.

Fees:

--------------------
Total
(incl. $4.16 tax)
$317.56
Completely hilarious. It's all our fault for paying it I guess.

How does this compare to total cost for 2 GA tickets to the LOTB tour?

Fees:

--------------------
Total
(incl. $4.16 tax)
$317.56

Iron Bonamassa...

This is what I paid for one of the London shows:

Artist Presale Standing Ticket £72.50
Per Item Fees
£9.10 (Service Charge Artist Presale Standing Ticket)
£2.75 (Facility Charge Artist Presale Standing Ticket)
Order Processing Fees
Handling Fee (£2.75) £2.75

In fairness, it's not just Maiden. Maiden are probably the lower end of the spectrum, certainly of bands that play the biggest arenas.

I used to think that was the case, but out of curiosity I have been checking the ticket prices for other acts playing two nights at the O2 in London (and, therefore, with a similar appeal to Maiden) and could not help but notice tickets being ~£10 than what I paid to see Maiden in July 2023 for a good number of them.

Allowing one or two companies control selling the tickets and owning the venues is the real issue.

It definitely is a massive issue. Silly me thinking that these ultraliberal capitalists were against monopolies...

Back