The Future Past Tour 2024

View attachment 38640View attachment 38641
Do You Know What's Arry Use Bass Strap Brands?(I know the strap covers were knitted by Michael Kenny's mother!)
I think it was explained on the Death On The Road dvd. The basses Steve uses are quite heavy and regular straps hurt his shoulders and his back. They knitted these straps, that are wider than normal ones, which helps spread the weight a bit better. There is also some kind of padding material to make the straps more comfortable.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that's the difference for me.
I can imagine them going the Priest route and start recording new albums full of same-old, same-old, but with modern production and everybody losing their shit and, like, they've never sounded this good in 30 years and, like, 11/10, best album ever, which I certainly wouldn't prefer over them tour-resurrecting old albums (seeing To Tame a Land live, for example), with or without Nicko.
If they continue to play live with or without Nicko, then they should continue to release new albums. They do not want to be a cabaret act, as they have said many times.
The only scenario I can see where Nicko steps down is one where he implores the band to carry on and has a hand in picking a successor to whom he gives his full blessing. I can't find it at the moment but I'm sure he's said in an interview in the past, before his stroke, where he said he would step aside if he couldn't cut it anymore so the band could continue. There's no way Steve is ever going to essentially fire him after all these years.
Yes. And Nicko said that, but I don't think Maiden or Steve would want that. They are family. I doubt they now want to think about their future plans (after 2026), it's normal. They will play as long as possible and then do everything like it's suppose to be done, as always and they perfectly understand the current situation.
I am glad we have been able to enjoy Maiden playing at such high level for so long. I have also been quite cynical about the band in recent years, but the fact that they have carried on with Nicko instead of kicking him to the curb makes me proud of being a fan. Let's enjoy it while it lasts, because I am afraid it will not be long before they call it a day. On a personal note, I'd rather see them bow out gracefully with the current line-up than start replacing members.
Well said.
Nicko can still play along to the tunes just about. It really depends on if you can accept a slightly weaker sounding rhythym section in Maiden, formerly famed for it's power
This. And it's not like all songs ''suffer''. Only Wasted Years, Trooper and FOTD really. You can make a case for HCW or idk. He has always played Prisoner in a different way, while the band will improve on songs like The Time Machine as the tour goes on. I mentioned it because of Nicko's hit-hat work on it in the opening night.

Maybe im wrong, but i cant see steve doing what gene simmons is doing. Like "ok, kiss is done. now im gonna do solo shows with the same kiss setlist". He will probably keep working for a little more with british lion.
To be fair, Gene is playing some obscure songs. He's really not just rehashing the normal Kiss setlist.

Just listened to Wasted Years and Madness and Nicko improved drastically from Perth. Great performances.

Bruce's timing on Wasted Years, on the other hand....

Edit: Middle part of HCW vocally was pure horror. It seems like all monitors were bad during the Adelaide gig. Timing issues and more alarmingly, Bruce was out of pitch during the middle of HCW. He also mistimed the Eddie gun fight badly.

Last edited:
I love watching the videos from the shows, racially CSIT. It takes me back to the O2 last year. I still can’t believe how loud the audience were on that chorus. It was almost as loud as Aces High.

Joking aside, the whole audience singing along the intro harmonies on Caught Somewhere in Time last year at the O2 was an incredible moment. Nearly as great as everyone belting out the lyrics to Flight of Icarus at the same venue in 2018.

Edit: Middle part of HCW vocally was pure horror. It seems like all monitors were bad during the Adelaide gig. Timing issues and more alarmingly, Bruce was out of pitch during the middle of HCW. He also mistimed the Eddie gun fight badly.
Damn, that part sounded worse than Blaze's attempts in the 90s lol
Shows once again how important hearing yourself and good monitoring is for a vocalist.

Is it me or the whole band sounded better during the second show, on all songs. I'm happy with such performances.

Bruce's timing on Wasted Years, on the other hand....
What's with the timing issues again? Monitoring issues most likely, important thing. But singing from the ramp is Bruce's thing and it's mandatory for a Maiden show. There were no such cases during his solo tour. I don't think Wasted Years should be played live again, especially as the last song. HCW's middle part was always not easy. The keys are really loud. Btw, no video of Celts so far...?
Bruce sounds tremendous on CSIT
Indeed.
I don't want Maiden to quietly step down. Give me one last tour so the fans can give them the proper sendoff they deserve, then retire for good. No tour again a few years later like other bands have done.
This. Always. Although Bruce said they wouldn't do that, but who knows right. I doubt Steve is against it.

Last edited:
Is it me or the whole band sounded better during
What's with the timing issues again? There were no such cases during his solo tour. I don't think Wasted Years should be played live again, especially as the last song. HCW's middle part was always not easy. The keys are really loud. Btw, no video of Celts so far...?

Is it me or the whole band sounded better during the second show, on all songs. I'm happy with such performances.

What's with the timing issues again? There were no such cases during his solo tour. I don't think Wasted Years should be played live again, especially as the last song. HCW's middle part was always not easy. The keys are really loud.
The whole band sounded much better and especially Nicko. Great signs.

Bruce sounded worse and I attribute that to bad monitoring on the platforms, as those things happened only during songs when Bruce was on the ramp. We know about Bruce's occasional timing issues, but him being out of pitch is a great indicator that there was an monitoring issue up there. He also seemed to have a worse daily singing form than in Perth all together.

What I don't like is that he wants to fight through it instead of just coming down to main stage and sing there. He can get up for Eddie fight.

A stage redisign with incorporated monitors (including sound simulations) would benefit Bruce greatly at this point.

Bruce sounded worse and I attribute that to bad monitoring on the platform...

Absolutely. That's how I see it too. I had already posted this, but I would be interested to know if he has tried other forms of monitoring (not 20 years ago) and it didn't work for him or if he just doesn't want anything else without even trying out anything new.

Bruce after the show: ''we will see you, no doubt we're gonna see you again some other time, some other place, somewhere back in time, maybe in the future past, we don't know''...

There will be a tour next year, but this is a curious quote, especially if it's a hint as usually from him. Please not something for Powerslave again, really hope so. Or a 3rd leg of the current tour, even with some changes. 50 Years to be is the best option.

Back